Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just killed him 25 man normal (have to unlock heroic lol) no problems apart from the silence the adds give restraining your ability to emergency top and use chi wave. Looks pretty easy in terms of being a damage check, mana is an issue b/c of the silence stopping chi wave and therefore meta procs but I was being lazy and not subbing in SCK. Hopefully the macro boffins can help with that one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:44 PM ----------

Lich King 25

Halfus 10

Here's my 25H Lich King entry. Respect for Maebylicious - took me a couple hours to get this with 534 gear, can't imagine the crap he had to go through 3 weeks ago.

Hey guys tried to search a bit but couldn't find this specific info: ulduar 25H flame leviathan solo is possible and if yes at what ilvl?

I tried to kill him with 4 towers up but was nowhere near a kill...I'm 501 ilvl and I don't think it's enough, or I'm just doing something wrong?

Just need to get past him to work on my 25 man drake(already got 10 man one) but people aren't interested in coming with me so trying to solo what I can XD

If so, why just not do him 10n then switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Hey guys tried to search a bit but couldn't find this specific info: ulduar 25H flame leviathan solo is possible and if yes at what ilvl?

I tried to kill him with 4 towers up but was nowhere near a kill...I'm 501 ilvl and I don't think it's enough, or I'm just doing something wrong?

Just need to get past him to work on my 25 man drake(already got 10 man one) but people aren't interested in coming with me so trying to solo what I can XD
    You should be able to do him 25n with your ilvl just gotta kite right and roll the dot properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gashdangit View Post
    After about 20 pulls I have a strat that will work for solo RoS. Must be in brewmaster spec for this as you need to be able to place down the ox statue.

1. Kill phase 1 of RoS
    2. Place down the ox statue while waiting for phase two to start.
    3. As soon as RoS comes out in phase two target the statue and use your taunt.
    a. Make sure the boss is in melee range of the totem when you do this.
    4. Every time your interrupt is off cool down, use it.
    5. The first thing you must do after you interrupt the boss is place a new statue down, target the statue, and taunt again.
    a. This part will happen every other interrupt as you can interrupt every 15 seconds and the statue is on a 30 second cool down.
    6. On the interrupt that you are not putting down a new statue, dps the boss.
    7. Make sure you heal yourself during the fight.
    8. Wash and repeat till phase two is over.
    9. kill phase 3 and win.

A few notes. The reason this will work is because of stun mechanics. When a mobs agro target is stunned, it will go to its next highest agro. So, after stunning you, it will ago your statue. (the part where you target the statue and taunt is how you get the statue on the ago list) Here is the good part, the statue can not be stunned. So the boss will just sit on the statue untill you are no longer stunned. Reason you want to replace the statue, it has 200k hp so it will not live for the whole fight and if you lose it its game over. Reason I say to keep the statue in melee range of the boss is most of the time if it isnt the boss will ignore it and keep you stunned untill you die. (Im guessing this is because all the agro the statue has is a immune taunts worth) but as i said, if the boss can melee the statue it will over you, as long as it does not have to move. Last tip I can give is be careful when you use your death touch. A 400k hit on the boss will hit you for 200k. You dont want to die witth he boss as you still have a phase three to do.

Well thats about as good as I can explain it. Ill make a video of it come tuesday after reset. Any questions just post and ill do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting.

soloed RoS plenty of times..

WW just nuke him all the way and but when in p2 use karma and Diffuse magic.. and keep your fingers away from xuen if you pop a pet you will be targeted as being in a group and you will get the fear thingy..

as a monk you have so many tank CD's that you can just nuke the shit out of him with all the lowered dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpionen View Post
    soloed RoS plenty of times..

WW just nuke him all the way and but when in p2 use karma and Diffuse magic.. and keep your fingers away from xuen if you pop a pet you will be targeted as being in a group and you will get the fear thingy..

as a monk you have so many tank CD's that you can just nuke the shit out of him with all the lowered dmg.
    FYI, RoS was nerfed in 5.1 (or even before can't remember), so that you could solo it a lot easier (less stuns going out), before that you had to use this strat.

Yeah afaik RoS was impossible for a lot of classes and that strat in gashdangit's post was the only way I could manage as a monk pre 5.1 or 5.0.x or something.

Grats on Lich King, kaiadam. I really need to try that soon, but I might keep waiting for more gear first. Was it with a mastery build or did you reforge to crit?

Deleted
    It was w/ a crit build, the dps check is kinda problematic for tanks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It was w/ a crit build, the dps check is kinda problematic for tanks I guess.
    I did it with roughly 9k mastery. The dps check was an issue, but not enough for me to change everything, heh. Crit is slightly higher, but close enough that swapping one item puts mastery ahead for the RoRo procs (every time that white gear icon lights up on top of my head.) I mentioned this in another thread, but I did the first half dozen pulls with my mastery bracer equipped - forcing RoRo to proc mastery - and wiped to enrage at 22% before I realized I needed to swap gear. Strange how dks and paladins claim they carry 100k+ vengeance throughout the fight when I average like 30k.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-05-08 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    DS 8/8 finally !
    Madness was a very tense dps check (ilvl 518 - Weapon 504).

Even if the P1 isn't awful, the P2 appears as something terrible !

Madness is incomparable to Spine (Spine => more difficult, obviously).

Today, Conclave of Wind is the only Cataclysm remaining boss, but I think that these 3 guys will fall with T16 or T16HC.

I have to work on others ''milestones'' boss ! I'll not say anything, however everybody can guess who.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I haven't read through the thread much, but has anyone done ToC25 Northrend Beasts? I'd love the pants, figure I'll try it tomorrow when I have time. Tips in the mean time would be rad.
    I am in the same situation. I've settled on the rogue t9 look for my monk's xmog (other than the silly helm), and since they FUBAR'd the Jade Forest quest that would have given us a quest reward with the look for xmog, this is apparently the only option. My monk is my 9th 90, so isn't the best of geared, just got her up to ~464-ish last night, although I will probably upgrade my 437 quest neck to the 522 SPA rep neck tonight or tomorrow, so that will help alot.

I assume BrM would be the spec to try ToGC25 Beasts.

Fortunately, the xmog gloves just come from 10m Champs

[Edit]
    Well, I gave ToGC25 Beasts a shot tonight. After two attempts to get familiar with it, I used Xuen to taunt Gormok off to let the 10 stack DoT drop off, and the CD came up just in time for a second usage which saved me. But then when I beat him, I still had like a ~7 stack on me, so the worms dropped me pretty fast since I was still getting stunned, I guess by the left over Snobolds.

I'm currently at a 468 iLvL, so until I get a lot more gear, I'll prolly just either 2-man 25 Beasts with my wife, or drop it to 10 to get to 10m Champs to farm for the glove xmog.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-05-11 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    New day, new boss, The Stone Guard !
    Because of my ilvl 518 (same for Madness), this dpscheck was pretty tense. A few secs survival on the enrage were enough to beat the boss : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIqj_x79HI

Deleted
    Did pathwerk 25 today as Brewm, wasn't hard but got hairy at one point ( mainly because I forgot all his trash pulls as well if you dont kil it, OOOOOPS).
    Gluth seems impossible tho unless you get creative. As windwalker sustaining 120k single target I couldn't burst through his heals. Got him into the 50s but by the time he killed me he was back to 68% ish.

Anyone had any luck with gluth 25?

Deleted
    Without survival on the enrage, I don't see how you can kill Gluth. He requires something like 160k+ dps. Maybe T16?

He is possible to kill. I did it about a month or so ago. I dont think I did anything more then just burn as fast as possible. prepot and burn. I believe I started killing zombies at first, but ended up ignoring them in the end.

Målty Nordrassil US

Quote Originally Posted by Exalty View Post
    He is possible to kill. I did it about a month or so ago. I dont think I did anything more then just burn as fast as possible. prepot and burn. I believe I started killing zombies at first, but ended up ignoring them in the end.
    You sure that was 25 man?

Soloed BT and The Eye at lv 86, using brewmaster spec.
    I can not deny that I'm very happy.
    My monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...packman/simple
    He is 87 now, but soloed bt and the eye at 86.
    Last edited by Biruta; 2013-05-13 at 02:15 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    You sure that was 25 man?
    Positive it was 25 man. The original reason for going in there was to obtain the Silent Crusader.(1 handed swrod, 25man trash drop) see achievement in Målty - Nordrassil earned last month. Ill try to do it again tonight and post a better description of how i went about doing it.

I'm having a bit of trouble taking down Twinbraid. I can usually get him to 70% or so, but inevitably I seem to just get a chain of bad luck and get gibbed. Are there any particular talent or glyph choices that make the fight smoother?