Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They brought back the rep grinds for MoP and everyone complained about them. When the first put Oondasta it was apparently too difficult, but I would say the difficulty was in line with some of the world bosses in Vanilla or TBC. The legendary quest is a multi-month chain quest that gives a great reward, but now people say 'zomg everyone can get legendaries now!' They keep recycling these ideas, but every time they try to implement something that looks like it you get tons of qq over it. The truth is that people want convenience, they want access to content without arbitrary roadblocks.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They brought back the rep grinds for MoP and everyone complained about them. When the first put Oondasta it was apparently too difficult, but I would say the difficulty was in line with some of the world bosses in Vanilla or TBC
    The real reason they nerfed Oondasta was because he was getting hit by so many players in such a small area (thanks to the tap-to-faction changes) that for many players, the game became a slideshow. He was nerfed to remedy that, but they've since fixed the other more relevant tech issues and seem to be considering buffing him back to release strength.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

why do people keep on claiming that vanilla wow was some awesome experience.

vanilla was not good; it was quite terrible. please just stop with these "vanilla was the best thing eva" posts... please.

i'm going to let you in on a little secret... psst, come closer. world of warcraft would of died if it were not for the lore behind the game.

i'm starting to believe that these "omg vanilla wow!!!" people are either delusional, or never really played back then.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2013-05-12 at 05:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    When I think back to Vanilla and BC I remember having something to do all the time.

What could we do?

People could engage in a quest that they could follow at there own pace. This quest took weeks to complete but the reward was an epic item (back then epics actually felt epic). The quest fit the mold of an RPG and not some currency simulator. You actually felt like you were gearing yourself to fight the hardships in azeroth, not simply waiting for some arbitrary reset(once a week) to allow you to earn more currency.
    So basicly the legendary questchain in MoP?

A game of Points is not an RPG or Immersive

Would the legend of zelda be as fun if you could just buy the mastersword for 1000 valor? Or was it more immersive and engaging to be able to actually build the sword? What feels more like a currency SIM or an RPG?

Currently the game is starting to follow a standard "formula" and with it is losing it's creative edge.(subjective I know but this is how I feel)

- Farm valor to cap each week (because in WOW its not possible to earn anymore Prestige for killing stuff and making the world safer"RPG")

- Farm LFR and normal Dungeons (because in WOW every boss has 3 versions of itself ..... not very immersive )
    But the mastersword, in this case, would be the possible legendary weapon at the end of MoP. But for a smaller example, a BS can make a decent weapon that takes a while to make.

Why Cataclysm dungeons Failed / That Epic Feeling

You may say Badge of Justice were the same thing as Valor and I disagree completely, at least the BC version(They got it right the first time and should never have changed it). If you are going to offer a currency for something at least allow that currency to hold some value due to the difficult nature in obtaining it. When people spent the Badges they earned, the epics that were rewarded actually felt EPIC to players earning them. Epics were not something just handed out to a bunch of kids trick or treating at Halloween (LFM Mumta, LFM GODA O look 15 valor!!!)
    But badges were the same as valor. Not every heroic in TBC was as difficult as, say, Shattered Halls with a prot warrior and no CC. When the Isle of Quel'danas was released (and the ridiculously good badge items were added) you could easily run through some of these heroics with a prot paladin and one or two CC classes (depending on which heroic)
    Unless you thought Mechanar, Auchenai, Ramparts, Mana-Tombs, Old Hillsbrad, Sethekk, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens and the Underbog were ''really difficult'' back then.

Attunements

From my experience people only need to run LFR for 3 hours, knock out the bosses and they are done for the week. Blizzard has actually removed content by making previous content irrelevant and lessening the EPIC feeling items now hold (good bye unique looking armor tiers , Just transmog or run LFR for a recolour...). Blizzard has given players less to do by removing attunements or keys and taken way that RPG feeling (LBRS you will be missed, so long Scarlet Key). How can an epic reward feel "epic" if the ease of obtaining it is just earning some easy to obtain currency and removing the mystery of finally seeing content that you worked so hard lay eyes upon (just seeing an encounter could be considered just as epic as actually seeing that shiney purple drop).

When you are part of a fantasy world it make sense unlocking gates or obtaining keys. Rituals/mystery have always been a part of adventure (Looking at you indiana Jones) How great is it for the audience to finally see that door open or waters parts to expose the hidden treasures that await....
    Because getting a key from running a low lvl instance was such a difficult thing to do. Transmog doesn't mean there aren't any unique looking tiers anymore, it just means that not everyone looks the same during a specific tier (because people are actually able to wear what they like)

And attunements were so fun. It was so fun having to recruit someone and having to boost said person through all the attunements first, before being able to progress on current content!
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

When I think back to Vanilla and BC I remember having something to do all the time.

What could we do?

Suggestions?

Take off your rose colored glasses man, that's my suggestion and that's what we can do

Deleted
    Fully agree whit this guy, peeps who dont agree whit this post. Are the people who sucked at the game back then, didnt understand how it worked and where lazy or they started after tbc. The people who dont agree whit the things this guy says are the people who killed this game in the first place. So i thank you verry mutch, fucking idiots.

I actually really agree with the idea of the tier 0.5 quest. I thought it was a great idea then, and i'm disappointed they haven't done it again since. I would have loved it if they had an upgradable dungeon set this expansion.

The legendary quest in MoP doesn't really have the same appeal (although I still think it is a cool idea), but it is almost exclusively gated by raid content. Raids can only be completed once a week, so the quest really isn't done at your own pace. This is basically my quarrel with the progression path this expansion. Heroics are essentially worthless (they provide 463 gear vs 476 honor gear), the main gearing path is from LFR. I find it very difficult to get motivated about alts when I am pushed into 45 minute queues for weekly content so quickly after I pick up the character. This isn't a problem that I have on my mains (because they jumped through normal/heroic raids as they were current), but the catchup is really awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzu View Post
    Fully agree whit this guy, peeps who dont agree whit this post. Are the people who sucked at the game back then, didnt understand how it worked and where lazy or they started after tbc. The people who dont agree whit the things this guy says are the people who killed this game in the first place. So i thank you verry mutch, fucking idiots.
    There are games out there that never changed, or didn't change in ways that appealed to a broader playerbase. They still exist, but they have playerbases in the hundreds of thousands, not the millions.

I started in Wrath, I have played pretty consistently since then. There are thing I don't like about each of the 3 expansions I've played.

I know for certain, however, I would not have enjoyed raiding in Vanilla. I did not enjoy looking for groups for dungeons in trade during Wrath, though it was nice to be a tank and get to set my group how I liked it, and not accept people who had caused problems in the past.

There were lots of problems with Vanilla, very very few people raided, not because it was too hard, which is objectively false, but because it took too much time to get the most basic gear to be able to survive the resistance checks (just because I didn't play doesn't mean I don't know what went on).

More people are raiding now than ever before, and this is a bad thing? No, of course not. The game lost a lot of subscribers, but if they tried to take it back to vanilla days it'd lose many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzu View Post

nobody knew what was going on back then. . .

You must have been in one of those guilds that didn't just raid Kara in the hopes moving on to tier 5 at some point only to see your tank take his/her newly crafted resistance set and join a guild that already had Hydross and the rest of T5 on farm. I guess the something I always had to do was farm motes for the net jackass to do this.

I do like some of your other ideas tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    ????

Yes. Stop making new threads about this kind of thing every single day. Also, go to your account page and unsubscribe if you're really unhappy. Finally, we're glad you have nostalgia but stop forcing us to relive it.
    You're not *forced* to relive it; simply don't click on the thread.

Already completed golds on my main , but yes a good addition.
    Of course you have. Let me guess you've also cleared ToT heroic right? You ever notice how these posts are always (except for Jaylock but he's schizophrenic or something) from people who whine about "casuals" and "bads" when they're so far above the curve that it shouldn't matter what other people do?

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Of course you have. Let me guess you've also cleared ToT heroic right? You ever notice how these posts are always (except for Jaylock but he's schizophrenic or something) from people who whine about "casuals" and "bads" when they're so far above the curve that it shouldn't matter what other people do?
    I havent even killed 1 heroic boss...

And it took alot of trial and error to get the challenge modes done. Hours of countless wiping and slow improvements that anyone who wishes to obtain the same gear can do... I really dont understand where the hate is coming from here... are you ok?

I agree with this.

Attunements were a hassle due to finding people and clearing difficult content. By tying them to LFR and LFD, you remove these issues.

Valor should really purchase LFR level items with sockets if we want to distinguish actual raiding from casual raiding. It seems odd that casuals ( I am one, btw) who never enter a normal level raid can gear up at the normal level without doing the work. Doing world bosses obviously doesn't apply to this.

What I would also like to see is cross zone quest chains. Think back to the Great Masquerade chain or the Demon Razelikh chain from Blasted Lands. Or the Sunken Temple chain that tied in with Zul Farak and the Hinterlands.

Grab all these ideas you feel are awesome for a MMO for nowaday standards and public, start a gaming company and make millions. I'm sure you will get to 20mi subs in two months after launch.

You don't even need to know how to produce games, your ideas are enough.
    If you don't have money to start a project, try that Kickstarter website. As we can deduce from all whining on forums, it's clear that you'll have MILLIONS of players craving for a game like you are suggesting, so money from donations won't be an issue.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Take off the rose coloured glasses of Nostalgia and learn to Improvise, overcome, adapt... if you are unable to do that I suggest looking for another game.
    you cant be serious can you? the game itself right now is like a private server. only difference is you have to queue to get handed loot instead of opening a vendor with everything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    learn to Improvise, overcome, adapt... if you are unable to do that I suggest looking for another game.
    If the devs took this attitude, we'd have a much better game on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Dungeons should be harder, much harder. Honestly I want to really have to work for it on launch, like get five people from my guild to have a chance at it. If the dungeons become difficult again then I wouldn't mind having worthwhile items off the last boss, instead of a 1% drop of something you probably already don't need.
    Dungeons are made for the average joe, deal with it and get over it.

So what could you do all the time in vanilla/bc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    you cant be serious can you? the game itself right now is like a private server. only difference is you have to queue to get handed loot instead of opening a vendor with everything on it.
    really, what queue is that?... 20 wks of killing the same boss to get a weapon doesn't count as 'private' server... nor does it count as 'being handed loot' I dont mind working for what I have, nor have I ever complained about how loot is distributed... I DO however, take offense to individuals campaigning to make shit even harder for folks... You wouldn't be one of those that is that way, would you?

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If the devs took this attitude, we'd have a much better game on our hands.
    and I strongly suspect you'd have a crapton less players, and you'd have less content to cry about. But, folks would cry that there wasn't enough to do, why aren't the devs giving us more content...

Point is... if you want content development, you have to look at who's going to use it... and the intelligent moves are what pleases the most, why make 10 people happy (say hardcore) and piss off 150 (casuals)? when you can do it the other way around.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.