Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Megaera 10M N Help

Hey all, our raid has been pounding their heads against this guy for 4 raid nights now and I am not sure what else I can do as RL to make the fight go smoother our comp is:
    DK tank
    Prot Pally
    Surv Hunter
    Disc Priest
    Feral Druid (Resto OS)
    WW monk
    UH DK
    Destro lock
    Ele Shaman (Resto OS)
    MW Monk

I have tried several different combos for our raid (GR, BR, GBR, BRG) and have logs for the best attempts on each try

BR:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=6754&e=7218
    GR: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=5546&e=6133
    GBR:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4945&e=5435
    BRG: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7439&e=7849

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I have Healed and also Tanked this fight as a monk and I can say that Chi torpedo is really really nice on this fight since it is free. Also they should spec into celerity with it so they get 3. It is perfect for the Rampage. As a guild we have found the easiest way to do it is GR rotation because the B sucks. Also the tank that is tanking the B needs to start rotating cds the farther the fight goes because that head really start to give a beating.
    I noticed on some of the logs that the monk wasn't using Renewing mist and that's a big problem since it is normally the largest amount of healing we do. Also they should be Uplifting more during the Rampage because it is a lot of damage and they is a free heal.
    Sorry I can't be any more helpful then that. just really know Monk and that's it.
    Good luck!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I´ll make it short cause there is a ton of these threads here already.

- Use 3 healers. There is no reason for extending the fight more then necessairy. People have done it with two healers, so that shouldn´t be a problem.
    - Go for GRGRBRX. Keeps green raiddamage at a minimum, delays blue beams maximum.
    - Teahc people to move. Move = get as far as possible away from a green impact zone, not only roughly two steps.
    - Use Bloodlust at Rampage 5. Not Rampgae 6. use it at 5. This will shorten the lifespan of head 6, so that the blue head (number 5) only has time to fire 1 beam until Rampage 6 starts. less running, more damage.
    - Place camp a between red and blue and camp b between blue and green. Always stack in the camp nearest to the head, that should be killed. Tell your tanks to dps the head even if they have to tank the other head. make them move out to their head 5 seconds before rampage ends. Taunt, tank, damage gained.
    - Tell your lock to put a gate between Camp A and Camp B and as far as possible away from that. tell your people, who are followed by the beams, to run to the Gate in the back and use it to port to the front. Beam will never touch them.

Deleted
    Your MW Monk should be top on healing meters, instead they are at the bottom by a wide margin. Sometimes even below a tank. That's... pretty damn bad to say the least. I don't know enough about Monks to comment on why, maybe someone else can go more in-depth. I just know that HPS is incredibly low for Magera considering a 509 iLevel.

Just consider that on our latest kill our undergeared Monk did 50% more HPS (66k compared to 44k) with 10 less iLevels of gear (509 vs 500).

I'll post more later when I have time to look at logs more closely.

never kill blue (unless it's the last or second last then you shouldn't drop too much dps from moving) and then loot boss, there isn't a lot more to the fight on normal.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    If your warlock is good at petcontrol and keeping an eye on raidframes I suggest that he helps out with dispelling (with GoSuP and Fel imp mass dispell), having the warlock dispelling (off GCD) instead of locking up healers for it is a huge benefit. Also make sure that you have a pure healing CD (healing tide/Tranquility) running when the bolts starts to rain down between 4th and 5th rampage but more importantly between 5th and 6th. This is with doing Red/Green. I also suggest everyone to be spread out so that you can instantly dispell them.

Also as the others where saying about your Mistweaver, he should really look up a Mistweaver guide because he is not preforming as he should be. I healed that fight on my Mistweaver alt at ilvl 490 and pushed 70k HPS with no problem at all.

To end it all it seems like the dps numbers are a little bit low, will help our alot if your dpsers are pushing more. I can only speak from a Warlocks PoV but your warlock should be using rain of fire in between then 2 heads so that it hits both (huge hitbox) and keep as close to 100% uptime of it as he can, he should havoc incinerates to the head your not killing for more embers and then spam that chaos bolt button on your killtarget. If done correctly he will skyrocket in dps compared to now.

We have just done Green Red Green Red for the entire fight since first week, we only used another strat for the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my focus here is mainly on your MW Monk.
    He needs some work on this fight! His top heals are consistently Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist which leads me to believe he's trying to tank heal. Sure MW's CAN tank heal, but your Priest and Shammy should be the ones more worried about that. His focus should be keeping Renewing Mist up on the raid and spending his Chi on Uplifts, with some Enveloping here and there as needed. As a 10 man his Renewing Mist can be on all of you for every single rampage if he's using Thunder Focus Tea (45 sec. CD) correctly, which he doesn't appear to be. Sometimes using it just once in a six minute fight. He's also using Zen Sphere, which works great when you use it right and are stacking with rampage, but seeing as he has troubles keeping up Renewing I'd advise him to spec Chi Wave or Chi Burst. Burst will do some great healing if you're having troubles with the rampage.
    My usual rampage healing is Thunder Focus Tea - Uplift just before the head goes down, get to 4 Chi again by the time the rampage starts. Uplift - Uplift - Chi Brew (if he's specced into it) - Uplift - Uplift - 3x Chi Torpedo - Chi Burst. Rampage is generally getting done by then. A Spinning Crane Kick or two if another uplift is needed, and keep that Renewing Mist on CD. Monks REALLY shine on this fight if they're doing something along the lines of this.

On another note though, the combo that finally worked for us after being stuck for a while was B R B R G R B. There IS some more movement, but you wont be dealing with acid rain till the last two heads, and the green heads attack speed buff gets reset for the final two, taking some stress of one of the tanks. We just have ranged stack and whoever gets the ice trail runs back in a straight line, then the cinders person runs through it, dispell, rinse and repeat.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your comp is sorta like how my guild's is. We were stomped for one night and then came back and downed it the next. We 3 healed it because we were low on gear at the time.

We ended up doing this (I believe): Green, Red, Green, Red, Blue, Red, Green.

Cinders was starting to be a little to much for our group, which is why we killed one Blue Head. We would lust on the Blue Head during Rampage and kill it quick. Then, once you're killing the last head, if you get Torrent of Ice on you, just run it away from the raid. Don't run out of range of the healers, but it's almost worthless to run it through the cinders to get rid of them. You'll be getting Cinders so much, that it should be dispelled immediately by your healers on the last two heads. So just run Torrent of Ice through the back of the room (but don't run out of range of heals).

Have your Blood DK the right heads and the Prot Paladin the left heads (I'm bad with colors). Our DK's cooldowns were better fit for the heads on the right and it reduced tank damage (our guild also has a Prot Paladin). During the second to the last Rampage, I think there's a tank swap but I don't remember exactly (I'm a hunter).

It's a gear check, the mechanics are pretty much 'don't stand in that' and 'stack.' If you can't down it this week, you probably need more gear.

Edit: I just looked at some of the logs. Some of your DPSers are low and probably need to take a look at their rotation.
    Last edited by Xionyus; 2013-05-10 at 11:49 PM.

The longer this fight gets the more it hurts. You need to balance your healing and dps a bit. You should really aim to do it with 3 healers, even if it means they need to learn their classes a bit better. The same goes for your dps,

A few things:
    1) Pally needs to talent lights hammer for this fight and use it EVERY rampage. With vengeance its healing on this fight is nothing short of amazing. Looking further than this fight, he needs to drop execution sentence all together and choose between lights hammer and holy prism based on the fight.
    2) Your disc priest cast PW:S once every 8.5 seconds on the fight I looked at. Thats nuts! Also pennance wasn't used at all. I'm no expert on disc but I think he/she needs to look at what they are doing.
    3) Pots? Use them! Prepot (chug a pot just before the pull) for some burst. And then use one again later in the fight. I didn't look at all the players but 4k stats for 25 seconds 2x in a fight can make or break close attempts.
    4) Use your cooldowns, the shammy used ascendance once in a fight that lasted almost 10 min. You need to go into EVERY rampage with a plan bearing in mind that each subsequent one hurts more. This includes making use of tank or DPS CD's. Map them out and only deviate in ohshit moments to save a wipe.
    5) Why no bloodlust in the attempt I saw. We do it on the rampage before the 6th or 7th head to make that head a lot shorter = less raid pain. On progress we did it before the 6th head. The logic was if ppl can get to the 7th then they can die there and we may still get a kill. Losing people on the 6th head made it a lost cause.

Anyway, if that was all tl;dr - get ALL your players to smack dummies, consider their rotations and talents and get something like tell me when / need to know to track CD's.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Currently most of our attempts have been with the druid OS healing, but on some attempts I wanted people to get further mechanic-wise so I tried it with 4 healers (tbh did not help)
    For our pally in the later attempts i did notice he did not have lights hammer specced so that has been fixed.
    Priest was using penance quite a bit, but she was doing so via atonement so the ability shows up in damage, not healing.
    For potions ill be sure to talk to the group, but i know most save them for heroism which I wanted during rampage #6, but I might move that down to 5 since we are having issues by then.
    Also our comp is range heavy so I expect torrents to adversely affect our DPS more so than normal, but I will discuss seeing what I can do to move everyone higher. The idea for putting the lock gate up the mid sounds like a good idea as well, I was just having our lock dump it from side to side but up the mid should prove better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    2) Your disc priest cast PW:S once every 8.5 seconds on the fight I looked at. Thats nuts! Also pennance wasn't used at all. I'm no expert on disc but I think he/she needs to look at what they are doing.
    The priest used Penance plenty times, they were just offensive. Which is fine since you pretty much only use penance heal to stack Grace quickly. A few issues with the priest though. Not enough Prayer of Mending. PoM is huge during rampage, especially since she has 2pc T15, but it seems she only cast it a handful of times per fight. Solace and Shadowfiend usage are abysmal. If she's having mana issues, she needs to learn to use these a lot better. If she's not having mana issues she needs to learn to use these better and then drop a bunch of spirit. Her Archangel uptime is pretty low as well. A 25% healing buff on a 30 second cooldown should be used a lot more than 4 times in an 8 minute fight. One last thing I noticed is that her crit is quite low. Crit is disc's best secondary stat and she should be stacking it until she has a balance of crit and mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Your warlock and hunter could improve their dps, assuming they have some ToT gear.
    They can dps while moving, so cinders and ice beams are not an excuse.
    Have you tried GRBRGRG tactic? Reduces damage taken a bit and with your ranged dps, ice beams should be fine.

Just noticed that you don't have BL/Hero/TW, that would be really useful at the second to last head (red).
    It would help you a lot if your hunter would spec BM and get a corehound. BM is just as good as survival for dps in this fight.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Your warlock and hunter could improve their dps, assuming they have some ToT gear.
    They can dps while moving, so cinders and ice beams are not an excuse.
    Have you tried GRBRGRG tactic? Reduces damage taken a bit and with your ranged dps, ice beams should be fine.

Just noticed that you don't have BL/Hero/TW, that would be really useful at the second to last head (red).
    It would help you a lot if your hunter would spec BM and get a corehound. BM is just as good as survival for dps in this fight.
    Due to KJC if you try to DPS whilst moving an ice beam you WILL get caught. Unless you pop burning rush but this can be very risky. It would be more effective to just port straight up the end and dps while the beam creeps towards you then teleport back into a closer range to ensure range on your RoF and havoc incinerates.

Adding to all this, I'd like to add that Hand of Purity is nothing short of amazing on this fight in case your paladin doesn't have it specced.

As someone else mentioned, if you have a cooldown plan for every rampage, you should be fine. Make sure everyone knows when to use their cooldowns and remind them during the fight.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Due to KJC if you try to DPS whilst moving an ice beam you WILL get caught. Unless you pop burning rush but this can be very risky. It would be more effective to just port straight up the end and dps while the beam creeps towards you then teleport back into a closer range to ensure range on your RoF and havoc incinerates.
    You won't get caught and there's no reason to not use burning rush. Warlocks don't die. If you have Soul Leech and Soul Link, which are highly recommendable talents for the majority of the fights, you simply won't take much damage if any at all, and if all shit hits the fan you still have your defensive cd. Warlocks are quite OP this tier and that's for a reason, their survivability is through the roof and their damage is very, very respectable, with major advantages on several fights (megaera being one of them, unless, of course, you'd be destro. Affliction with proper soulswapping can be very strong here, as is Demo if you have UVLS. RoF constantly hitting 2 targets doesn't really compare! Not saying the poor bloke should change spec, though if he has the trinkets he could consider it). That said, gate placement should be to benefit the raid as a whole, not to make up for your inability to stay ahead of ice. Portalling like you suggest will probably result in ice going through everyone and their moms.

That said, we dont know how they deal with beams. We walk to the back of the room (heroic mode anyway, where ice placement is absolutely crucial for your kill), so if they do this, dps on the move is not even an option as they'll be out of range.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-12 at 01:14 AM.

Try BRBRGRB strat, its ridiciolous how easy it is. Beams are annoying but raid damage is practically nonexistant

Quote Originally Posted by Esie View Post
    Try BRBRGRB strat, its ridiciolous how easy it is. Beams are annoying but raid damage is practically nonexistant
    Yeah, killing a few blue heads makes this fight alot easier, don't know why people always avoid them. My group does BRBRGRG and it works like a charm.

Deleted
    Rampages only tickle, they dont require any cooldowns, maybe one from someone for the last one if healing is low. Pop them when needed. Or assign who pops what between the last heads.

I dont want to open a new topic about the same boss.
    So here are some of my questions.
    1. Blue beam is cast only at range/healers? i think i read this somewhere
    2. We re stragling with the GRGRGRGR tactic. I try to persuade the RL to kill a few blues. Im i wrong?
    Die by the sword

For new guilds attempting this you can cheese the encounter by using 4 healers i helped another get a kill using this method.

trivialises whole encounter