Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    time won't heal, but it can ease the pain just a little.
    Time heals just fine. With enough introspection after awhile you'll realize you two weren't meant for each other anyway and you'll be happy that it ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how you feel man, I had a similar experience, just without the abuse part (not saying you abused her or anything XD)

I wish I could tell you that you will feel better, but I still don't, people will tell you to get over it and move on, they don't understand how much this sort of thing can linger with you, or maybe they are just stronger than I am, I don't know.

Just take it day by day, focus on the small things, I found that having a daily routine helped keep my mind focussed on other stuff. Eventually you will begin to numb to it, but it will still hurt, as others have said, time won't heal, but it can ease the pain just a little.

Hope everything turns out ok for ya man.
    My message right before yours shows the "resolution" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    My message right before yours shows the "resolution" :P
    Yeah just saw it, wasn't there while I was typing :P

Glad you have had some clarity and you are feeling slightly better!

Deleted
    Tonight, it seems that the girl I loved for 3 years, who I gave everything, decided to leave me. She says she loves me, but she is not sure why anymore. It started with her listening to a presentation regarding abusive relationships. Now, hear me out, I have never laid a hand or raised a word to her and I would never want to. I do, however have trouble sublimating my arousal. Part of the reason she left is because sometimes I become to aroused and eventually we have sex so I stop annoying her, which is how she put it. I was never told outright that she was unwilling and, the man that I am, I wept when she told me how I hurt her. Another reason is because I cannot drive at the age of 19. For two years, I never cared about it and I never worked towards getting it, but about a year ago, I promised her I would try and I started learning before going to University. When I moved to University, I wasn't able to learn because I was too far from anyone I knew who could teach me. I was planning to get my license this summer. Overall, our relationship was fantastic. She even said that she still loved me and was happy being with me the weekend before she saw the presentation. Being the despairing type, I have no one to turn to besides a few friends, so I made this thread to perhaps find insight from the few reasonable people out there. Was it the presentation that scared her into becoming somewhat irrational, thus blowing things somewhat out of proportion? In that case, should I let her calm down before approaching the matter again? If I deserved it, any advice, reasoning would be appreciated. I try to be an honorable man and lover, but I'm not perfect. I want her back more than anything, because I'm mature enough to know what true love is. Not fairy tale garbage found in story books about princesses in castles and damsels in distress.
    hahahahahahaha you fucking faggot motherfucker oh god in the heavens

Infracted - please do not flame other posters
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-05-12 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just saw it, wasn't there while I was typing :P

Glad you have had some clarity and you are feeling slightly better!
    Thank you It was rough

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 05:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Khosby View Post
    hahahahahahaha you fucking faggot motherfucker oh god in the heavens
    ERMAGERHD! Some people don't screw anything that moves!? Who knew?
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You crave sex because you're at your prime right now. She'll hit her prime in her 20s. Regardless, don't dwell on this. You may think you're more mature and knowledgeable about life than your peers but you won't truly understand how insignificant this relationship was until you're older. There is much more out there (not women, just life in general) and you will understand it much better over the next 10 years. This is one very insignificant event that you won't care about in your amazing future.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

ERMAGERHD! Some people don't screw anything that moves!? Who knew?
    Actually the OP was saying that he CAN'T control his arousal so....yeah.

Sublimation has to do with controlling socially unacceptable impulses, where the impulse is turned into something else that is acceptable.

Edit: Oh, you are the OP. Well...that's what it means.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons was because you don't know how to drive? What a crock of shit ! lol I don't know, maybe it's because I live in New York City and driving isn't really the "thing" here due to having one of the most epic public transportation systems on the planet. But that has got to be one of the dumbest reasons to break up with someone ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    One of the reasons was because you don't know how to drive? What a crock of shit ! lol I don't know, maybe it's because I live in New York City and driving isn't really the "thing" here due to having one of the most epic public transportation systems on the planet. But that has got to be one of the dumbest reasons to break up with someone ever.
    Trying not to keep this thread going as its kinda old and talked over, but I did post a resolution update thats a few posts above if you want to know the real reason. Also, Driving is kinda important because we both live in the boonies of pennsylvania lol

10+ Year Old Account
    get your license... no need to be a deadbeat who can't get himself or his lady around town.

Deleted
    Sorry for your loss, but life goes on. Take as much from it as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    > 19
    > know what true love is
    > can't drive
    > bad at arousing her
    Learn to get women in the mood, learn to drive, chalk this up as a learning experience.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    geeze sorry for your breakup, but you are 19 time to play the field man theres more than one pussy out there.

Girls and women are two very different things. Wait a few years and you'll get the latter; without the headache-inducing fickle nature of the former. Still, have you ever heard of masturbation? Jack off more and learn to drive; it'll do you wonders.

I cannot give any advice that will help you as there are two sides to every story and all we know about is your side.
    The only thing I can say is, if she is the one who has left you due to whatever reasons she had its probably time to let it go and move on.

Btw, no you dont know what 'true love' is at age 19, I dont believe anyone knows what true love is tbh especially at the age of 19.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread title catapulted Black Sabbath in my head. Thanks OP.
    Haven't heard the song in ages..

And, heads up OP.. It'll be just fine again. You got your whole life ahead of you, and there will be another love, and maybe another and another.
    Sometimes you get your heart broken, another time you break a heart. Just always try to be yourself, and try not to be an ass, whether you are the hurt one or not.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-05-12 at 11:10 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

For what it's worth, I don't think the driving this is the real the issue. I think you are doing the right thing. Who knows what she wants, the best thing you can do is give her some time and space.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i neeed to com bac to this... i am fuced up at the monent

Deleted
    Just a final update for people who might be interested that find this post again: We had quite a long talk tonight and we finally came to a conclusion. The driving reason was more or less an excuse to help the break-up along. As for the abuse, she said it was not exactly sexual in nature, but I may have been slightly controlling emotionally, which is kind of an arbitrary thing based upon her perspective. She wouldn't give me exact details, but I do have some understanding of what I need to work on for future relationships. She is not interested in other men, she simply wanted to end the relationship because she didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I can understand and accept that and our feelings for each other become more manageable, we'll continue a friendship and see if it grows into another relationship when she is ready for one. Overall, I am feeling a lot better and I'm glad we were able to talk rationally about it. I'm also pursuing a potential relationship with another girl for some companionship and to take my mind off of my previous relationship. I'm by no means over her and I probably won't be for quite a long time, but I think it's just the right move in the short term at least.
    You are doing it wrong, you must not be friends with her. And you should not hook up with another girl other than sex, she will be your rebound.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a final update for people who might be interested that find this post again: We had quite a long talk tonight and we finally came to a conclusion. The driving reason was more or less an excuse to help the break-up along. As for the abuse, she said it was not exactly sexual in nature, but I may have been slightly controlling emotionally, which is kind of an arbitrary thing based upon her perspective. She wouldn't give me exact details, but I do have some understanding of what I need to work on for future relationships. She is not interested in other men, she simply wanted to end the relationship because she didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I can understand and accept that and our feelings for each other become more manageable, we'll continue a friendship and see if it grows into another relationship when she is ready for one. Overall, I am feeling a lot better and I'm glad we were able to talk rationally about it. I'm also pursuing a potential relationship with another girl for some companionship and to take my mind off of my previous relationship. I'm by no means over her and I probably won't be for quite a long time, but I think it's just the right move in the short term at least.
    I think that sounds reasonable... there's nothing wrong with being friends. My ex and I are (at least trying to) remain friends. I don't think it's unhealthy in the least.

Trying not to keep this thread going as its kinda old and talked over, but I did post a resolution update thats a few posts above if you want to know the real reason. Also, Driving is kinda important because we both live in the boonies of pennsylvania lol
    Yeah, heck I live in Sacramento (for a few more days) and driving is quite nearly the only way to get around here. The mass transit system is slow and too sparse. After living in Chicago that has a perfect mass transit system it's weird to face such a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    i neeed to com bac to this... i am fuced up at the monent
    WOW! I am REALLY sorry about that..got WAY messed up last night, and made an ass of myself in several places.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrie View Post
    You are doing it wrong, you must not be friends with her. And you should not hook up with another girl other than sex, she will be your rebound.
    Again, i think friends is perfectly acceptable. He should play the field is he likes. If they are drawn back together then great, if not, it's not meant to be.

Good luck and hang in there *hugs*