the who's who of ret paladins.

Is grant from blood legion on illidan server the best geared/highest geared raiding ret paladin right now? i'm just wanting to look at reforging and gems etc...no big deal, just hoping to take a look at his or her gear set up. thanks.

You shouldn't be looking to copy someone's gear just because they're "top". They might be gearing for a certain fight, and their stat weights might be different from having different gear or play styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to Anaxie's thread, there are a lot of top players that post there. And I agree with tree life, just because you are in a top guild doesn't mean you are the best. They just have the most time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Just go to Anaxie's thread, there are a lot of top players that post there. And I agree with tree life, just because you are in a top guild doesn't mean you are the best. They just have the most time.
    You were 100% correct right up til the part in bold... but I suppose that's a different topic.

Even so, you really should never blindly copy anyone else simply because 1) stat weights differ (sometimes wildly depending on trinkets/set bonuses), 2) strats differ, and 3) you'll be far better off if you understand WHY, not just follow. Anaxie's link has most of the top parsing rets in it (as well as a lot of ego recently), and is the best place to start, but you should get simcraft and weight your own stats as you go to ensure accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I'm definitely not looking to copy anything from anyone. I gem and reforge based on my needs and swap talents based on different fights. My guild is just making their way into heroics. I was just looking for someone gears to do some browsing. sorry if i mislead you. I don't think anyone with sense would try to copy someone else's spec, gear, gems etc.

I'm not trying to start a debate but the people in top guilds are good players, but I've personally raided with some of the people in these top guilds and they are good players, that doesn't mean they're absolutely exceptional. It's time investment and they personally have the time to invest and want to invest that time in this manner. I personally look at players in these guilds because of their invested time in their character that I imagine they're investing a good majority of that in simcraft and reading.

Here's a well geared and skilled player in Midwinter.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...creek/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Please utilize the already existing threads to find out not only WHAT you should do, but WHY you should do it. As people have said, blindly copying someone isn't the best idea. You need to know why you want to do these things, and which way is best for you.

Closing!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature