Thread: 10 Man Lei Shen

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 Man Lei Shen

Just a quick question as I was pondering this last night after raid. We have downed Lei Shen once but I am beginning to think its a fluke. We pretty much have our two worst players doing their own conductor or w.e. We are taking out diffusion chain first. I haven't argued it yet but got to thinking, Static chain or whatever its called seems to be our major problem going into second intermission. We are pretty much doing diffusion chain so we can stack for ball lightning. But with our 2 worst players doing it together, Pretty much wiping us consistently. I guess just asking, for casual 12/12 players or even heroic players, Which do you prefer taking out first? Will diffusion chain hose us that bad during ball lightning?

We always take out Static Shock first, because it is actually dangerous and can kill people if someone makes a mistake. Diffusion Chain is not that dangerous, you can easily survive if three people are hit at once. Just don't let it happen all the time.
    With Static Shock gone, there's only the Overcharge as a reason to stack. That means you stack for a few seconds, then everyone runs to his assigned position again (which actually makes dealing with the Bouncing Balls easier).

As for your "two worst players", why not split them up? Sounds like this could solve the problem.

I would love to split them up. But they are "officers" and I don't want unnecessary drama I suppose seeing as how we all get along great. I do believe I will bring it up though. Is getting tiresome. And will bring up idea of static shock.

Since you will be splitting up 2/2/3/3, the split should go to 2 tanks, 1 heal/2dps, 1 heal/2dps, and then 1 heal, 1 dps.

The quadrent with 1 heal and 1 dps should be people who can both take static shocks alone. This will make it very very easy for them to control that quadrent. What is the class make-up of your raid?

we use SP or mage with symbiosis plus something else.

But we start with bouncing lightning, cause in second transition there shoudl be no problem dealing with anything else we lvl up the overload.

In the second phase there should be no problem healing up static shock. even with 2 healer. But we always ahd no problem with shock or overload nor chainlightning. You have to find out what does the most problems, if people die due to static shock deactivate it first. Still the 2 that are alone should not have any problems as long as 1 can heal.

Deleted
    The 2 person group should be 2 classes with immunities, not 2 officers or 2 friends or 2 whatever. Also you can just do 2 groups of 1tank/1dps each which will spread out the risk factor (for example if someone gets diffusion chained, each of those DPS will have a tank to taunt off of them).

This is all assuming you're 2 healing. If you're 3 healing the fight then it should be a non-issue. But its a 2 heal fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    I would love to split them up. But they are "officers" and I don't want unnecessary drama I suppose seeing as how we all get along great. I do believe I will bring it up though. Is getting tiresome. And will bring up idea of static shock.
    Wiping extensively because the same people fail consistently could also cause unnecessary drama. Just saying.

That being said, I don't know why more guilds don't disable Static Shock. My guild doesn't but it seems to be by far the most dangerous ability, though on 10m you might have a better chance to get someone who can CD/Immunity it.

Yeah we have the fight down. We had druid/hunter which is me/frost dk in one group. 2 tanks. shaman/mage/lock...our bad group...and monk/priest. Sad to say our mage and lock are terrible dps =( But not much I can do besides find a new guild. But I really like this guild so yeah. I am gonna bring up taking out static shock first though. And yes we 3 heal.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Since you will be splitting up 2/2/3/3, the split should go to 2 tanks, 1 heal/2dps, 1 heal/2dps, and then 1 heal, 1 dps.

The quadrent with 1 heal and 1 dps should be people who can both take static shocks alone. This will make it very very easy for them to control that quadrent. What is the class make-up of your raid?
    A better way of splitting up the groups is to go 1/1/4/4 and put two heals with the group that take more damage/have fewer immunities. The reason for this being is that tanks can not be targeted by static shock or overcharged. This helps concentrate the healing on the groups that are taking the most damage and gives you more people to split the damage of static shock between more people. Also if you kill diffusion chain first then in the second transition is just a lolstack fest for static and overcharged, since you don't have to move for anything but to soak the blue swirls.

Deleted
    The more I read all these posts, the more I get the idea that everything works and people should just pick and choose whichever they feel works for them.

We get rid of Overcharge because it's most annoying during the 2nd nuke phase. 2/2/3/3, with 2 tanks in a quadrant (they can deal with anything by themselves), 2 strong soakers in another, and 3 in each leftover. Second transition the 2 non-tanks split up to the tanks and the group with the worst solo soakers.

It helps for us that we usually have at least half our group capable of solo'ing Static Shocks, so we can mostly just stay spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Yeah we have the fight down. We had druid/hunter which is me/frost dk in one group. 2 tanks. shaman/mage/lock...our bad group...and monk/priest. Sad to say our mage and lock are terrible dps =( But not much I can do besides find a new guild. But I really like this guild so yeah. I am gonna bring up taking out static shock first though. And yes we 3 heal.
    your problem is you 3 heal it. there is no need infact on our first kill our holypaladin died during one of the transition and we killed the boss. It can be 1healed. if you have enough classes with healraidcds. The first phase there is no dmg in 10m.

And in the three man group no one should ever die. Are you sure its not the healer thats messing up?

But if you ahve problems with static shock disable it. if your doing it nh its about what is best for your group. My group never had problems with overcharge in any way. we even let it lvl up second transition cause its the only one where you can avoid taking dmg. even with 3 members getting it. We even had static shock lvl up next kill cause the random couldnt handle overcharge. Our problem was jumping lightning most of all, cause it makes the fight a bit random, and not having them second transition really makes that phase alot easier due to not have to run.

Switcht to two healing. a spriest can easily heal any dps with them. and soak one alone on the two dps platform.

make sure your dps is already on their positions 1-2 % before transitions starts. So noone will get hit by overcharge. Make sure everybody know what abilities comes next. stack up for overcharge spread for chains and jumping lightning stack for overcharge or let one soak alone.

And you should not deactivate the chainlightning imo, cause its so easy to avoid in transition and in p2 chainlightnint always comes before those jumping balls, if you stack and kill the adds after that they are no problem at all
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-05-13 at 04:54 PM.

On normal we don't intentionally take out any one pillar first, unless getting the achievement, because it doesn't make any difference to me. The second intermission is easier than the first no matter which you deactivate in two ways: you get one less mechanic and you get more people to deal with them. The only way it could be troublesome is if a pillar gets leveled up during phase 2, which is really easy to prevent. Our first kill we 3 healed in 508 iLvl and we kept all pillars at level in phase 2, you just have to pull the boss off and on a little bit.

2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. You are doing ok if 40% of your dps are terrible and you still kill the final boss of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncant65 View Post
    A better way of splitting up the groups is to go 1/1/4/4 and put two heals with the group that take more damage/have fewer immunities. The reason for this being is that tanks can not be targeted by static shock or overcharged. This helps concentrate the healing on the groups that are taking the most damage and gives you more people to split the damage of static shock between more people. Also if you kill diffusion chain first then in the second transition is just a lolstack fest for static and overcharged, since you don't have to move for anything but to soak the blue swirls.
    If you go 1/1/4/4 will you only get 1 swirl in the sections with 1 person?

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    No they are completely random at lvl so they are maxed out on platforms per lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    No, but they're tanks. They can soak one, pick up the add, soak the other. Adds are not a big deal if they're on tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    No, but they're tanks. They can soak one, pick up the add, soak the other. Adds are not a big deal if they're on tanks.
    The adds still does dmg and needs to be focused down.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    The adds still does dmg and needs to be focused down.
    I mean, you should kill it eventually, but a tank should be able to hold 1-2 of these indefinitely. It should not be a priority during the transition; just cleave it down in the next phase.

Just remember that tanks cannot be targeted with any of the abilities during the intermission, meaning that having two in the quadrant is effectively creating more damage on the raid. In my opinion 2/2/3/3 with the 2s being 1 tank plus a solo soaker works best.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Just remember that tanks cannot be targeted with any of the abilities during the intermission, meaning that having two in the quadrant is effectively creating more damage on the raid. In my opinion 2/2/3/3 with the 2s being 1 tank plus a solo soaker works best.
    How is 4/4/1/1 more damage?

• Diffusion chain should only hit 1 person in two quadrants ever
    • More people soaking Static Shock makes it easier; same total damage regardless
    • Bolts are 1-2 per quadrant regardless
    • Overcharge shouldn't do any damage

3/3/2/2 with a tank and someone with an immunity in each 2 group is certainly viable and it's how we did it week 1. Once we heard about tanks soloing quadrants, we tried that and felt it was marginally easier because more people are around to soak Static Shock when necessary and more people are around to soak bolts.