Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Who's ready for Warcraft 4?

I was always under the impression that WoW was essentially a cockblock for another Warcraft RTS. As long as it was 10m+ subs strong, it probably wouldn't have been a logical move to break your team up for an RTS.

I enjoyed Warcraft off and on for years, but I prefer the RTS game. I'm hoping that over the next few years when WoW levels out around 1-2 million subs it will allow Blizzard to move some people onto Warcraft 4. Predicting WC4 2016

As much as i want wc4, i dont think wow will get down to 1-2 mill subs as fast as you'd think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they went down to 5million subs, they'd still be eons ahead of the competition!

I would love to see a WC4 sometime in the near future. Blizz has been running out of story for their universe and it doesnt seem to be sticking as well as it did in the RTS days were great characters were built up through out and nowadays everyone hates the new guys in varian and garrosh. WC4 might be a good idea to get people into the ip again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Even if they went down to 5million subs, they'd still be eons ahead of the competition!
    not really but you keep thinking that.

Deleted
    Would be cool! But doubt WC4 will happen before Titan.

Deleted
    I personally can't wait for forum servers too melt from people bitching, moaning, whining and QQ'ing, because the game wasn't so good they jizz their pants and practicaly got their dick sucked ... Will be basking in nostalgia tears

Deleted
    Can't stand RTS, really hope they don't spend any time on WC4.

Deleted
    Haven´t World of tanks got like 40 million players or accounts?
    Last edited by mmoce01e91b901; 2013-05-13 at 10:52 PM.

I am ready for it! Regardless of World of WarCraft. I don't think that it would be a problem for them to make the game, they did with StarCraft. I hope it ignores World of WarCraft completely though and continues from WarCraft III, and that Metzen and co have gotten their act together like in the old days. Doubt it will happen any time this decade though

Deleted
    It depends on blizzard. If Blizz will ignore server poulation drops and dont merge servers. Poeple start quiting even faster becous nobady want play on empty servers and nobady want pay like 200 dollars for transfers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    Haven´t World of tanks got like 40 million players or account´s?
    Not active accounts same as LoL having 70 million but only a small percentage are active.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could release it in between expansions, it would be a good opportunity to create some fresh interesting lore for WoW too:

expansion A sets story for WC4 -- Warcraft 4 --> expansion B picks up where WC4 left off

Jan 2014-------------------Dec 2014-----------> June 2015--------------------------> (obviously hypothetical dates)
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They could release it in between expansions, it would be a good opportunity to create some fresh interesting lore for WoW too:

expansion A sets story for WC4 -- Warcraft 4 --> expansion B picks up where WC4 left off

Jan 2014-------------------Dec 2014-----------> June 2015--------------------------> (obviously hypothetical dates)
    That would be good ...if they released an rts to hype an expansion ..

I doubt there is much demand for a new Warcraft. I mean Blizzard's RTS demographic is already playing Starcraft II.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Not active accounts same as LoL having 70 million but only a small percentage are active.
    Lol got 32k active accounts (aka that played last month) last i heard. So they already beat WoW big time in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I doubt there is much demand for a new Warcraft. I mean Blizzard's RTS demographic is already playing Starcraft II.
    I would argue Starcraft and Warcraft appeal to different demographics, but there's absolutely some overlap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was always under the impression that WoW was essentially a cockblock for another Warcraft RTS. As long as it was 10m+ subs strong, it probably wouldn't have been a logical move to break your team up for an RTS.
    Never really got this. I mean, the only element that could potentially be problematic is story - not wanting WC4 to tread on WoW's plot development. No other reason why Blizz can't do an RTS at the same time (see SC2).

That's why I think they should have the timeline of WC4 take a huge skip, like 500-800 years in the future, start with a largely clean slate, and have at it.

So yeah, I would totally play WC4, it wouldn't impact my enjoyment of WoW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I personally can't wait for forum servers too melt from people bitching, moaning, whining and QQ'ing, because the game wasn't so good they jizz their pants and practicaly got their dick sucked ... Will be basking in nostalgia tears
    This forum needs an upvote system so I can +1 this like 5000000000 times.

No need for WC4 if they ever release Blizzard All-stars. Its just like LOL, which was made with WC3 engine anyway so no need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    No need for WC4 if they ever release Blizzard All-stars. Its just like LOL, which was made with WC3 engine anyway so no need.
    Those are very different gameplay experiences.