Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you consider the final boss?

I've seen some debate about this
    What are in your opinion the final bosses in Ulduar, Bastion of Twilight and Throne of Thunder?
    The hardmode only encounters like Algalon, Sinestra or Ra-den or Yogg-Saron, Cho'gall and Lei Shen?

Yogg+0 for Ulduar
    Sinestra for Bastion of Twilight
    Lei Shen for Throne of Thunder

In the case of Algalon I consider him the end boss of the Keepers of Ulduar chain, with Yogg-Saron being the end boss of the raid instance.
    Sinestra fits the criteria in every way over Cho'gall.
    Ra-den ended up being a bonus encounter after the real end boss.

Deleted
    Ulduar - Yogg0>Algalon>Yogg1 for raiding. For the lore, Algalon.
    BoT - Sinestra both for raiding and lore.
    ToT - Ra-Den both for raiding and lore.

after we beat up the end bosses, they get butthurt and hire another raid to beat us.

the players are the end boss.

I'd have to say now looking at it yogg 0 > algalon > yogg 1 though at the time I think there was much debate over yogg 1 and algalon as yogg 0 was deemed "impossible"

Sinestra ofc over Chog

and ... as it always has been ... Lei Shen > RaDen
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

This answer depends way too much on the type of raider you are i think. For those running heroics, stuff like Sinestra, Ra-den. Everyone else it'll be the final bosses of normal difficulty. Except cases like with Yog+0.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore-wise, the actual "last boss"

Progression-wise, the optional hardmode boys.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    for ulduar and bastion of twilight it would be hard to say that algalon and sinestra werent the true end bosses, but when blizzard comes out and very clearly states that lei-shen is the true end boss of the ToT its kinda hard to argue against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Yogg+0 for Ulduar
    Sinestra for Bastion of Twilight
    Lei Shen for Throne of Thunder

In the case of Algalon I consider him the end boss of the Keepers of Ulduar chain, with Yogg-Saron being the end boss of the raid instance.
    Sinestra fits the criteria in every way over Cho'gall.
    Ra-den ended up being a bonus encounter after the real end boss.
    Couldn't describe it any more perfect.
    Exactly this.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    As for me, final bosses, that sign the end of the tier progress: the last one you kill. Madness, Ra-den, Algalon.

!= the most emblematic boss of the instance, the one I'll always remember and immediately associate the raid to it: Spine, Lei-Shen, Yogg0

Ra-den was awkward, so Lei Shen for t15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron for Uld
    Sinestra for BoT/BWD (Ala'kir for To4W)
    Lei Shen (would even argue that Lei Shen is the final boss of MSV as well, Sha being the final boss of HoF/ToES)

This poll is missing an option. Firelands last boss of Ragnaros' legs!

Deleted
    Whenever you haven't killed a boss, I don't consider the content cleared. I may have to live with that in terms of skill but I still consider Algalon, Sinestra and Ra-den as the final bosses.

I voted for Algalon, Sinestra and Ra-den. In the traditional role-playing game trope the king will send you out to slay a dragon but the hero finds a greater threat to the world hidden behind the dragon.

Algalon and Sinestra represented those threats. Not sure if Ra-den qualifies; He was already pretty beat up so I can't see him rampaging through Pandaria without wincing every few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    You may have gathered that lore isn't a big factor for me, a boss with a backstory is cool and all, but that doesn't define a good raid encounter in my eyes.
    There are three things that I personally take into account when making up my own mind.

1. Lore
    2. Placement in the instance
    3. Encounter design

Despite being chronologically the final encounter in Throne of Thunder, Ra-den essentially comes down to us tying up the loose ends after taking care of the Big Bad. We go to the basement to tell him to chill out before anything bad happens. Both he and Algalon branch away from the main storyline. They are also not the best designed or the hardest encounters in the respective instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    the players are the end boss.
    I do actually like this very much and it would be awesome having a huge fight against your own faction!

Deleted
    Arthas, the Lich King

Yogg, Sinestra, Ra-den

Seeing the questline to unlock Algalon back in the day didn't require you to kill Yogg-Saron I don't find Algalon to be the last boss in any way of Ulduar.
    Sinestra did feel like the last boss since she's at the very end.
    Ra-den is a little 50/50. I feel he's the last boss cuz he should probably be dealt with and he's not available until you beat Lei Shen. However, I also wonder what's the big deal if we didn't kill him...

Algalon would've sent the code to re-originate Azeroth, bad.
    Sinestra would probably make more dragons, bad.
    But what would Ra-den do?

Guess he'd destroy the world from the sounds of it, but I don't feel quite as intimidated by him as I did Sinestra/Algalon. He just seems a bit crazy and seeing how he's been imprisoned I don't feel that worried about his powers, unlike a scary giant dragon or this mysterious observer guy. In the end I think of him as the final boss since he's only available at the end. But just barely I think...

Yoggy, Cho and Lei Shen. The Heroic-only bosses have always come off as extra bosses to me, especially Algalon who you could do before killing Vezax.