Noob to steam, when is the next big sale?

So i bought $50 in steam cash and am wanting to spend it. However im wanting to wait for the next big/semi-big sale to pick up something good for a better price. I started around the last winter/holiday sale. Will the next one be soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's usually a 'holiday'. However next one probably is summer sale. Which has no date...

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer sale.
    Between June-August.

No confirmed date.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

There's a summer sale, as i recall it happens at various times whenever they feel like doing it.

June 24, 2010
    June 30, 2011
    July 12, 2012

those are previous summer-sale start dates.

However, every weekend there's a game on sale at similar prices to the big sales. As well, games will randomly be on good sales, just keep an eye out.

Also, very important: if an item is on sale, look at the time that the deal ends. If it's going to be on sale the entire sale duration, DO NOT BUY IT immediately, unless it's like 75% off. I've seen games be on sale for, say, 50% at one point, then hit 75% off later on in the sale. I would anticipate the sale around July, but that's just a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might get a Spring sale, but will probably be in July-ish. The date usually isn't leaked till like a week or two before the sale starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Also, very important: if an item is on sale, look at the time that the deal ends. If it's going to be on sale the entire sale duration, DO NOT BUY IT immediately, unless it's like 75% off. I've seen games be on sale for, say, 50% at one point, then hit 75% off later on in the sale. I would anticipate the sale around July, but that's just a guess.
    This is good advice. Heed it.

But yeah keep an eye on the every day deals too, sometimes there's a gem.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The next should be a summer sale. If you're eyeing a particular game, you should wait til last day cause all the daily deals come back at sometimes 75% off.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    One more advice, during big summer sale, let's say you want to buy original Darksiders 75% off, buy it as a gift and store it in your steam inventory, because its possible that latter down the road there will be a bundle on the same sale which will include Darksiders 2 with all DLC and original Darksiders for even cheaper then 75% off. (personal painful experience). And then perhaps you can trade the one in your inventory with someone for another game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sign up for the Gamefly newsletter or whatever. They are always having various sales and you can usually get games on sale through gamefly that aren't on sale with Steam atm. Pay for it through gamefly...get your key and apply it to your steam account and enjoy.

I think I picked up Torlight 2 for $4 or something like that...few other titles that were good for really cheap. They had borderlands 1 and 2 package for super cheap too ($15 i think) one day but I'm not a borderlands fan.

I generally keep an eye on:
    -various featured games on Steam...daily deals and such.
    -gamefly emails.
    -humble bundles
    -indie developers will sometimes have their games for cheaper if you buy your steam key directly thru them than if you buy thru steam.

wishlist the games you want. it should email you during their sales of its discounted price.

I just missed X-COM being on sale for about $14 and I'm so mad at myself.

I hope the summer sale comes soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every season has got like a big steam sale if im not mistaken, bastion for like 3 bucks, that was a fucking beautiful deal, same with Torchlight 1-2 and darksiders 1-2

As most have said it's pretty much every big "Holiday" or when an event is coming up. Summer sale should be next in line.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    There are sales all the time. Use your eyes.

Torchlight 2 was on sale yesterday at 66% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I just missed X-COM being on sale for about $14 and I'm so mad at myself.
    Honestly it wasn't that great of a deal. I can purchase XCOM cheaper than that any day of the year (via trading), considering it was a free include via BioShock Infinite pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    There are sales all the time. Use your eyes.
    Every day.*

Torchlight 2 was on sale yesterday at 66% off.
    Honestly, unless you're going to play it the moment you purchase it (and if you're like me, that's not going to happen on about any game), I wouldn't bother buying *anything* until it's at least 75% off on the Summer Sale (well, unless it's something like Dishonored, in which case I anticipate something like 50% off).

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    And remember when you buy a game for super cheap that you aren't planning on playing immediately to save it as a gift instead of adding it to your library. Once it is in your library it is locked to your account, but if you save it as gift and 6 months down the line realize that you would rather have something else you can often times find someone to trade.

lol this topic became "Steam Sale: How To"
    Good to pass the information to a new generation of steam gamer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    75% off on fallout: NV ulti and 75% off FTL is all im hoping for

although if the steam sale is beforerift goes f2p it might be worth getting the digital version for the couple extras

15+ Year Old Account
    Summer will be the next sale. Also going on is an Amazon sale, which has mostly steam keys. Apparently 1500+ games, sale comes to a close at the end of the month.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...0#post10743290

Dark Souls is currently sold out, was on sale for $7.49.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    And remember when you buy a game for super cheap that you aren't planning on playing immediately to save it as a gift instead of adding it to your library. Once it is in your library it is locked to your account, but if you save it as gift and 6 months down the line realize that you would rather have something else you can often times find someone to trade.

lol this topic became "Steam Sale: How To"
    Good to pass the information to a new generation of steam gamer though.
    Then my advice is general advice.. Think about something before buying it. Don't buy something because it says 75% off. ;p I'm nog going to the store to buy bra's as a guy, only because they are 75% off. If it's a game you Always wanted to play or got suggested to play and it's off for a good price. I'd suggest to buy it. I bought Dead Space + Dead Space 2 together for €10,- last night. Didn't start playing it immediatly but it's a game I've alwasys wanted to play.

Be careful with what you buy. Don't buy something because of the price.