Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    A pirate expansion!!!!!

A new class: pirate!

People have begged for guild housing. But go one better....guild PIRATE SHIPS!

You start out with some leaky sloop but as you make raid progress you can upgrade your ship. You need a very seaworthy vessel to navigate to the end game raid entrance.

Also, guild PvP on the high seas! Board other guilds ships and sink them! Take them hostage (for an hour) or make them walk the plank!

You can practice on NPC ships to board and loot.

Pirates!

Nothing could make this game regain subs. It'll keep falling until it reaches a low point where it finally stabilizes for a bit, and it'll hover around that area for a while.

And yes, it'll always get a sub boost every expansion, but that doesn't mean that boost will stick. Those are people who just want to see what it's like, and then go back to being unsubbed.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I personally quit playing mostly because every class is more identical than ever. A lot of class identity has been lost. I also do not have fun with games that are 'easy'. I have no friends in-game because I play on a low pop realm and nobody really talks to each other.

The "RPG" feel of WoW has mostly vanished. It's endless goring repetition every few months with no immersion.

Deleted
    WoW would have to stop being old and overdone. That would require time travel and not sure Blizzard can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I'd hate to add an extra passenger to the Activision Hate Bandwagon, but this would be a great thing, in theory...
    It was already stated in this thread that Blizzard North (not "Blizzard of the North") was entirely responsible for developing the Diablo franchise, not Wow.

Anyway, Blizzard needs to solve all the issues they have created in this expansion, and release another one, fast, and more successful, preferably focused on themes in line with the original game's lore, like the burning legion, etc.
    MoP always felt to me as a side arc, like a Naruto filler episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion: "its hour of twilight again with more content!"

Everything pandaland has added has been a poison slowly building up to lethal levels
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    - Server populations and faction imbalances fixed (this is the most crucial thing)
    - Updated character models
    - Less menus, more adventuring and communicating

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Equally it could mean 51% China 49% from the West we simply don't know.
    or 34% China 33% Europe 33% US

i doubt they can "gain" any more subs just need to stablize it tbh
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The community changing its attitude will gain subs for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Here.

And yes, I get they're extremely important, as we all play the same game. But my point is, financially speaking, they're not going to have an impact on stock prices, like losing say, mostly NA/EU players as the revenue stream is bigger for us.

I still think we lost more NA/EU players than Blizzard is willing to let on.
    Well all that does is give the price per hour and some rough PPP conversions. In reality it depends how many hours Chinese players play on average. Which is something we don't know.

I mean, I pay US$15 a month (so 50c a day), so using the adjusted price is 25c per hour you'd have to play 2hrs a day on average to be paying as much as a US sub. Anything beyond that and you're paying more. Of course at 6c per hour, that's more like 8 hours per day.

And they don't "let on" at all, Blizzard doesn't give sub numbers to players. They give some indications to investors, the only group of people to whom it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobblez View Post
    As the title suggest, what do you think Blizzard can do with WoW to gain more subs, and make up for the colossal drop in Subscribers? Will releasing more content, and reducing all the annoying things people complain about help? Or do you see Blizzard going F2P with WoW in the future. Which would for sure, inflate the Sub numbers.
    What do you think is the best solution for Blizzards crisis with subscribers?
    Not much for them to do in this matter. They own and operate, along with continually expanding, the best MMO to ever be released. You are either involved and playing the best of the best, or you're bored with it and playing either another genre MMO that isn't as good but is more interesting or you're not playing MMOs at all.

Personally, I'm taking a break from WoW and playing some other non-MMO games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    I don't necessarily see this loss as a crisis. I mean under the subscription base mmo list, the one that follows WoW barely probably has 3m players lol

And like some people already stated in this thread, Asia is the reason to why WoW subs numbers inflated.

Now to answer your question, what can WoW do to gain subs.. mhmm perhaps make a lot more content for the casual players that not necessarily forces them into Looking for Raid as soon as the content made for them is over, and just even more content than pet battles and dailies for them. Also, that in the event of adding a lot more content for casuals, make so that the raiding PvE or PvP communities don't get forced to do it, just make it optional with rewards that are mostly not going to affect your efficiency in either a PvE or PvP scenario.

It's simple. Put out a new expansion.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    They need to rebalance realms.
    I see this happening as a result of losing subs, not as a way to fix it. Don't get me wrong it think they should combine some of the realms, there truly are some that just lack players.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's simple. Put out a new expansion.
    Screw that noise. Yes one will come but hopefully we get to 5.5 at least before it hits.

I know people that have been playing WoW for so long the thought of actually trying anything else is a foreign concept to them. Once it gets low enough, people like that will stabilize the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well all that does is give the price per hour and some rough PPP conversions. In reality it depends how many hours Chinese players play on average. Which is something we don't know.

I mean, I pay US$15 a month (so 50c a day), so using the adjusted price is 25c per hour you'd have to play 2hrs a day on average to be paying as much as a US sub. Anything beyond that and you're paying more. Of course at 6c per hour, that's more like 8 hours per day.

And they don't "let on" at all, Blizzard doesn't give sub numbers to players. They give some indications to investors, the only group of people to whom it matters.
    Your $15 is locked in and theirs isn't. Eight hours a day every single day of the year is extremely abnormal amount of time on a video game. You and I don't know how much the average Chinese player plays but let's not start at some outrageous number and pretend that the lack of data means we can't deviate from that number.

It's the indications that are the issue. I've lived off dividend income since I was 18. My broker is the whiz but I know how he thinks and he would look at the east statement and know that a breakdown wasn't given for a reason.

Giving an opinion that the average NA/EU player is worth more than the average Chinese players is a fair opinion. You can disagree with that but you opened with a dismissive know-it-all reply and you didn't even know how game cards work. Stop being so authoritative being you're not.