View Poll Results: Should Obama take up Rush on his invitation?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • Conservative: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

6 13.33%
  • Conservative: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

10 22.22%
  • Conservative: Not sure.

1 2.22%
  • Progressive: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

3 6.67%
  • Progressive: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

16 35.56%
  • Progressive: Not sure.

0 0%
  • Foreigner: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

1 2.22%
  • Foreigner: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

8 17.78%
  • Foreigner: Not sure.

0 0%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Rush Limbaugh and Barack Obama to negotiate for the betterment of America?

Arguably the most influential man in America, Rush Limbaugh, has invited Obama to negotiate a settlement that will end the stand-off between Obama and Republicans. Obama claims that right-wingers aren't willing to negotiate, now America's anchorman is taking him up on that. Do you think Barack Obama should take Rush up on his offer to negotiate and help solve our nation's problems and end the gridlock? Rush could easily bring congressional Republicans and Obama together and help put the nation first .

This is Obama's litmus test, what will he put first, politics or the country?

In the spirit of doing whatever I can to move things forward in this country, I would like to make myself available to the president of the United States to sit down and talk with him at a place of his choosing -- and discuss the problems facing the country, and maybe working together.

Full Announcement: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._s_talk_it_out
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-05-14 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone can reason with Rush. And I doubt Obama will even pay attention to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Rush's importance is seriously overestimated.

That and Obama needs his bogeymen.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

As entertaining as this would be I think it would belittle the Presidency.

On the other hand, President Barack Obama has frequently belittled the office himself. Ex: his Trayvon comments, his implications the US media works for the democratic party, etc..

Besides you're not supposed to challenge elected leaders, I learned that in public school.

Having anything to do with Rush Limbaugh automatically precludes the notion of putting the country first. He is a walking pile of bigotry, anti-intellectualism and hypocrisy. I can't imagine Rush doing this for any reason other than to use this as fuel for his anti-democratic fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    The most influential man in America, Rush Limbaugh...
    You lost all credibility right there.

Useless thread, /r/ lock.

EDIT: Nice edit, OP. But you still didn't write "arguably" on your original post. And I won't edit my quote just so people see what kind of person you are.
    Last edited by marthsk; 2013-05-14 at 05:52 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    As entertaining as this would be I think it would belittle the Presidency more than he already has.
    Fixed that for you.

Why should the leader of the free world sit down to negotiate anything with a radio talk show host? That doesnt make any sense at all. No one elected Rush to anything. This is just a ridiculous stunt by Rush.

Rush doesn't have any cognitive functions. He is at best ignored, in addition to all the intellectually deficient followers he has.
    Arguably the most influential man in America, Rush Limbaugh
    GAHAHA! In that fat drug-addict's wet dream maybe.

Rush Limbaugh is not so important these days (at least, not in a way that he would like) now that he is almost single-handedly bringing down the major radio networks.

Advertisers have fled his show in droves, refusing to have their ads on his shows and in some cases on these radio networks at all. But since Limbaugh gets a guaranteed payment of gargantuan proportions (we're talking hundreds of millions of dollars. Yes, hundreds of millions) Cumulus is losing money hand-over-fist, and their whole network is threatening to collapse.

Besides, this is not a serious offer. All Limbaugh is trying to do is feed his own ego by putting himself on par with The President. He'll have no impact on Congress and he won't even try. He just wants a chance to curse Obama in person and to help revive his show.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read the title of this thread and wondered who could possibly come up with this as a sane and productive scenario to warrant a thread,
    then I got my answer.....

Rush? Why not put the present UN High Representative to sit down and have a chat with the talibans about human rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Why should the leader of the free world sit down to negotiate anything with a radio talk show host? That doesnt make any sense at all. No one elected Rush to anything. This is just a ridiculous stunt by Rush.
    Whether you like it or not, he is the most influential figure of the right.

This is right up there with Trump's "Million Dollars for a Birth Certificate" or whatever it was.

Publicity stunt.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I read the title of this thread and wondered who could possibly come up with this as a sane and productive scenario to warrant a thread,
    then I got my answer.....
    At this point in time I can guess with 90% (rough estimate) accuracy whether a thread is an Arctic Daishi thread or a Sandmoth thread. At least Arctic Daishi's threads are actually fun most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. He isn't. He's a radio talk show host; an entertainer.

That's like saying Alec Baldwin is the most influential figure of the left.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    He's also a bag of hot air. There is nothing valuable to be gleaned from talking to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguably the most influential man in America, Rush Limbaugh, has invited Obama to negotiate a settlement that will end the stand-off between Obama and Republicans. Obama claims that right-wingers aren't willing to negotiate, now America's anchorman is taking him up on that. Do you think Barack Obama should take Rush up on his offer to negotiate and help solve our nation's problems and end the gridlock? Rush could easily bring congressional Republicans and Obama together and help put the nation first .

This is Obama's litmus test, what will he put first, politics or the country?
    Oh, I get it now...the OP is making a joke lol that is very funny, especially the parts
    The most influential man in America, Rush Limbaugh,
    and the really funny
    now America's anchorman
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . But unfortunately its an insult to the real anchorman and women out there that work hard to be unbiased and fair in their reporting!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what the fuck is with the poll? I'm not a progressive or a conservative.

Stop feeding the troll people.

Infracted: Please do not post to call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-14 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    He's also a bag of hot air. There is nothing valuable to be gleaned from talking to him.
    Might be why he's so influential to the right?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.