Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Damn shame to hear that they're moving away from WoW raid boss guides (I've a feeling this will cost them quite a few views and subscribers), but given what they said about guild dramas in the OPs link to their weekly vid (I bet we've all been there re: guild drama) I can understand.

I usually just used them, icy veins and LFR to get a basic feel for an encounter, then just nutted out a strategy with my guild, so ultimately this isn't really a major loss for me. But I still liked their guides and its sad that the community as a whole is losing a resource.

According to the vid OP linked, they seem to wanna move into being some kind of general gaming channel, and seem to have had a big loss of interest in WoW due to guild dramas (And probably other issues). But....I subscribed to their channel and liked their vids as a raid guide channel. So for me, I've already unsubscribed and I have a feeling they may start to see a drop in subs and views until they build an audience that's looking for what they wanna do. I'm (currently) not among them, but still wish the Fatboss guys luck.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-05-12 at 11:49 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    And another one bites the dust.

I really enjoyed them too. A foolish move in my opinion to abandon the thing that got them where they are. Now with Lore stopping guides, and now Fatboss, there are only like 1-2 decent guide makers out there.

...I might have to learn the fights without guides. Oh cruel world!!
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did enjoy some of their videos in cata, I haven't really paid attention to them in MoP.

I'm still not convinced they are done. They say they are but the fact that close to 80% of their viewers are simply for guides I wouldn't be surprised if they did comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I'm still not convinced they are done. They say they are but the fact that close to 80% of their viewers are simply for guides I wouldn't be surprised if they did comeback.
    With any luck though, they'll actually be comical/entertainment geniuses and start generating content that gets them a hundred times as many viewers, then they'll get a cheese comedy TV show, and all that jaz and we'll all be able to put our thick rimmed glasses on and say "I watched those guys on youtube before they were famous."
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    With any luck though, they'll actually be comical/entertainment geniuses and start generating content that gets them a hundred times as many viewers
    yeah that's what the nostalgia critic thought
    and that idea tanked fast

It was totally awesome to see that moronic blowhard Totalbiscuit leave the scene, but sadly Fatboss would be terribly missed.

I say great! Would love to see what these guys can do for real. The boss guides were great, but really there are ALOT of people that do wow boss guides. So not that big of a deal, yeah fatboss is funny and all that jazz, but in with the new, out with the old! Lets go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatboss was one of the very few 10man guides, and as such they will leave a void, hard to fill..
    Their enthusiasm, jokes and ping-pong-dialogs made them worthwhile to watch..

Tankspot made good videos, but only for 25man, which in most cases could not be use for 10man. With Lore leaving and Pappapaint only doing very few vidoes, we're left with Aliena, who have such a horrible voice, that she should not have pemission to speak, EVER! She is the most important reason I stopped watching their videos..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-14 at 06:08 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I loved Aliena's voice

Such a marmite thing though, I remember back in the day people would bitch and moan that the person holding their hand through the raid wasn't speaking in an appropriate enough accent for them.

Ah, first world issues.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

With the ability for twitch streams to auto-capture, more guilds than ever are posting their videos online.

The info has always been out there for you to break down and come up with your own fight strategies. But if you REALLY need a video series to break down every fight for you, well... good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    they werent much help anyways for tanks..
    While tanking was definitely their main weakness, their guides otherwise gave people a good idea of what to do and they did so in fairly short videos. So Fatboss was definitely of great benefit to a large chunk of the raiding community.

Vox Immortalis (Long and very detailed)
    Aliena (Short and to the point)

The above two are still making 10m guides. Vox Immortalis has 6 HC guides finished and Aliena has 1 HC guide finished so far. Vox Immortalis gives you very detailed guides for each fight. If they're too long for your taste, you can usually just skip to the part you're really interested in. Aliena's guides aren't as long or as detailed as VI's, but still give you a very good overview of each fight in only 5-10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Fatboss guides are generally bad anyway.
    I'm sad to say but I actually agree with this. The last time I watched their guides was in Dragon Soul and they left so many essential bits of information out and generally their guides' structure hasn't been pleasing me so I can't say that I have ever recommended their guides to anyone. If I remember right, they even spreaded misinformation about the Spine of Deathwing HC encounter which was one of the biggest reasons and I've stopped following their guides.

Sucks that I won't get to watch anymore great guides or laugh at the funny statements made. They had a good thing going but in the end it's their choice to move on and we just need to remember it was great while it lasted. Good luck guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    With the ability for twitch streams to auto-capture, more guilds than ever are posting their videos online.
    Having the soft- and hardware to make videos, DOES NOT mean you also have the skill to make good videos....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Just kidding. I'm gonna REALLY miss their guides
    You know, I won't. I watched them less and less as I realised that they liked hearing themselves talk a lot or something. Spending 10-15 minutes saying what could be boiled down to be said in 5 at most. I mean, yeah, the bosses do have this and that ability, but generally, you can tell folks "You need to move out of X and Y, you need to stack for Z," and that's that. That isn't what Fatboss did. It was useful for me as a raid leader, but the average raider doesn't need to know everything that goes on in excruciating detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    You know, I won't. I watched them less and less as I realised that they liked hearing themselves talk a lot or something. Spending 10-15 minutes saying what could be boiled down to be said in 5 at most. I mean, yeah, the bosses do have this and that ability, but generally, you can tell folks "You need to move out of X and Y, you need to stack for Z," and that's that. That isn't what Fatboss did. It was useful for me as a raid leader, but the average raider doesn't need to know everything that goes on in excruciating detail.
    they should, every good raider should know mechanics of the boss fight even if they are not dealing with them. If any of my raiders says they don't know what an ability does I will kick them int he genitals so hard their grand children will be sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    That isn't what Fatboss did. It was useful for me as a raid leader, but the average raider doesn't need to know everything that goes on in excruciating detail.
    So wrong.

I guess some people like the reasons for wipes to be unknown. It adds a bit of mystery to raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farewell, fatboss. You were GREAT, you will be missed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    While tanking was definitely their main weakness, their guides otherwise gave people a good idea of what to do and they did so in fairly short videos. So Fatboss was definitely of great benefit to a large chunk of the raiding community.
    That is VERY true
    they were grate and all that, but as a tank only guy (yes i only tank, dont even have a dps speck that i know of lol) they arent THAT grate, but hey, we cant have it all :P but it wuld sertenly help on their viewers i think if they added more tanking in it