Quote Originally Posted by Toof1 View Post
    I recently tried ElvUI and on my main toon the little icon at the top right of ur map when u get mail does not work. IT is there for my alts but not my main and it sucks. I couldn't find anythign in any of the options to adjust it either. A lil help plz?
    bump
    10chars

Does anyone know of a mod that will hide the quest numbers that pop up on the right hand side of the quest tracker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Does anyone know of a mod that will hide the quest numbers that pop up on the right hand side of the quest tracker ?
    Convert this code into an addon via the AddOn creation tool

Code:
    local function HideQuestPOI(name, type, index)
    	if(name == 'WatchFrameLines') then
    		_G['poi' .. name .. type .. '_' .. index]:Hide()
    	end
    end

local eventFrame = CreateFrame('Frame')
    eventFrame:RegisterEvent('PLAYER_LOGIN')
    eventFrame:SetScript('OnEvent', function(self, event)
    	hooksecurefunc('QuestPOI_DisplayButton', HideQuestPOI)
    end)

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Convert this code into an addon via the AddOn creation tool
    Thanks Nib !

Would it work if I just added it into your watchframe addon ?

Thanks Nib !

Would it work if I just added it into your watchframe addon ?
    It will

It will
    You're a legend !

Thanks for your help

Is there any way to skin the Buffs/Debuffs in Stuf, or am I better off using a separate addon ?

Is there any way to skin the Buffs/Debuffs in Stuf, or am I better off using a separate addon ?
    Stuf supports ButtonFacade, so Masque will work with it. Link to skins on it's download page. Ryver is a decent skin for it.

Stuf supports ButtonFacade, so Masque will work with it. Link to skins on it's download page. Ryver is a decent skin for it.
    Thanks again Nib. I already had masque installed but Stuf won't show up in the list of addons when I open up the Masque config.

I have tried reinstalling Masque and Button Facade but it has made no difference.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks again Nib. I already had masque installed but Stuf won't show up in the list of addons when I open up the Masque config.

I have tried reinstalling Masque and Button Facade but it has made no difference.

Any thoughts ?
    No idea, sorry. From some googling it seems like a long-term Stuf issue, so you may have to use another unit frame addon :/ Stuf author may have to update his addon page

looking to make an addon that does whispers to people at events of my choosing. (note, this has to be addon an not macro script as it is doing much more, this is just the part I am having trouble with.)

question 1)
    how do I select people via position in raid groups?
    meaning i would like my addon to take group 2, the players in slots 4 & 5
    local g2p4 = [code] ?
    local g2p5 = ?

What I am looking to do with this code: Send a whisper to the players in constant group positions as well as do a raid warning with their names.
    message_type = "WHISPER"
    SendChatMessage("go do whatever", message_type, NIL, g2p4);
    message_type = "RAID_WARNING"
    SendChatMessage(g2p4 g2p5 "go do whatever", message_type, NIL);

question 2) (writing pseudo code here, as my LUA programming is VERY weak)
    any way to do the above with arrays /tables?

as in,
    local g2= {}
    set how ever many players i want from raid frames.

for each in g2 do {
    message_type = "WHISPER"
    SendChatMessage("go do whatever", message_type, NIL, g2{});
    }
    message_type = "RAID_WARNING"
    SendChatMessage(g2{} "go do whatever", message_type, NIL);

Deleted
    Code:
    local players = {}

function dostuff()
        table.wipe(players)
        -- select players and stuff

for _,name in ipairs(players) do
            SendChatMessage("go do whatever","WHISPER",nil,name)
        end
        table.insert(players,"go do whatever")
        SendChatMessage(table.concat(players," ")e, "RAID")
    end
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-17 at 08:45 PM.

Thx treeston, that is great for using tables,

Still would like to know how to get player from raid location into a variable if any one knows.

Deleted
    I've never actually worked with subgroup positions before. Can you even move a player to a specific position in a subgroup? It seems GetRaidRosterInfo only gives which subgroup they're in, not their position within that subgroup, which seems to point towards subgroups being ordered by raid index.

Code:
    local players = {}

local function dostuff()
        table.wipe(players)

if IsInRaid() then
            local c = 0
            for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do
                if (select(3,GetRaidRosterInfo(i))) == 2 then
                    c=c+1
                    if c > 3 then
                        table.insert(players,GetUnitName(("raid%d"):format(i),true))
                    end
                end
            end
        end

for _,name in ipairs(players) do
            SendChatMessage("go do whatever","WHISPER",nil,name)
        end
        table.insert(players,"go do whatever")
        SendChatMessage(table.concat(players," ")e, "RAID")
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I've never actually worked with subgroup positions before. Can you even move a player to a specific position in a subgroup? It seems GetRaidRosterInfo only gives which subgroup they're in, not their position within that subgroup, which seems to point towards subgroups being ordered by raid index.
    This discussion might be an interesting read. Haven't looked into it much myself.

Is there an option in Shadowed Unit Frames to make the party frames show up as the raid frames instead of a separate frame?

15+ Year Old Account
    I their an addon to help me keep track how much yards I am away from something? Or maybe I can just use a map addon select a node then select somewhere else and it will tell me how far away it is? Need one for 50 yards, I am testing transcendence, I want to know how far I can go.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I their an addon to help me keep track how much yards I am away from something? Or maybe I can just use a map addon select a node then select somewhere else and it will tell me how far away it is? Need one for 50 yards, I am testing transcendence, I want to know how far I can go.
    I believe for hostile targets you can only judge by whether a given target is close enough for a given spell/ability or not rather than a specific number.
    So if an ability with a range of 30 yards can, but one with a range of 35 cannot then the range is between those two.
    I do not know if that same limitation applies on friendly or party/raid members.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Most hunters use a range display. Here's a typical one:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display

As is mentioned below, they can't be exact, but will bracket the distance, i.e. 30-35, 35-40, etc.

is anyone else having problems with nameplate addons in pvp? Tidy Plates and Kui name plates are both messing up for me.