Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does the buff which you get from guardian 2-set has any kind of buff name what to track? As wowhead.com didn't give me any info on Tunic of the Haunted Forest, other then it being a part of a mog set...

Also is there a way to have droodfocus show you how much vengeance you have(like 100k etc) (not just how much vengeance you have left)? Or is there another thing that can do it for you? As mouseovering your buffs in middle of combat is bit of a meh thing...
    I use a Weak Aura for both of these. You can get them here: http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtop...p=14664#p14664

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks exo and Arielle, will try those out in the evening. I had ElvUI vengeance counter, but I started getting some annoying DC-s, so I disabled the addon, hence that's why I was seeking something else.

I will see what can I come up with TellMeWhen and DroodFocus.

Droodfocus will also track the T15 2pc, like all your other procs/buffs. I find it handy since DF also shows how many Savage Defense I have available & their refresh times. Haven't had a need for other addons once I spent a lil time setting up DF.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-07 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very, very stupid question... But what the heck to I do with all that hit x_x and will the hit numbers go down if I get more BiS pieces? 8.49%....

I put Elvui to show me vengeance as data text and it seems that DF shows me at least my 2-set bonus (after I added the buff). Haven't had a chance to dodge anything yet.

A very, very stupid question... But what the heck to I do with all that hit x_x and will the hit numbers go down if I get more BiS pieces? 8.49%....
    I just got my Rune and am finally "kind of" low. Last piece I need is Lei Shen's staff and I'll be set

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Horridon ever does drop his staff I'm in for a bad time with hit rating :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

I put Elvui to show me vengeance as data text and it seems that DF shows me at least my 2-set bonus (after I added the buff). Haven't had a chance to dodge anything yet.
    The best advice anyone can give you is make do with the drops you get and reforge accordingly. Looking at your armory, it looks like you have reforged out of hit as much as possible so for the time being, you are stuck with being over cap. Even if you manage to acquire the BiS set, thunderforged drops skew the list so playing around with reforges on the gear you get is your best option.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-07 at 04:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    it seems like mastey is getting an other buff in 4.3
    doubt it will make nay difference since even if its equal to RPS stats then RPS are still better as you can choose for either self healing or dodge

I do think there be a point in T16 where we simpely dont need more rage, and that it becomes possiable to swap some RPS stats to mastey
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I think armor cap inc with t16 without losing to much rps/dps.I always favored pieces with crit/mastery and reforging mastery to hit/exp so this will be really cool

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh i do like the change, i personaly favor mastey stacking and getting sick armor pool, but sadly it doesnt seem the correct way to go atm so i went for RPS instead
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Even in a full RPS build I have 19.33% Mastery unbuffed, that's still a nice 'Free' passive boost to mitigation from stats that are just inevitably there on gear. I welcome the change, but I can't see it changing anything at all for t15

It's pretty much there to help h25 on fights where you need high physical EH (ex. Horridon, Ra-Den).

Doesn't change 10s hardly at all.

WTB guardians needing help Q_Q work is boring!

Deleted
    I have a question about Tortos heroic.
    When I'm tanking the bats, full crystal shell, do the healers have to keep healing so the shell stays at its maximum?
    Or close to max at least.
    Because last night when I was tanking the bats, the shell dropped of in seconds. I had SD up.

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    When I'm tanking the bats, full crystal shell, do the healers have to keep healing so the shell stays at its maximum?
    Because last night when I was tanking the bats, the shell dropped of in seconds. I had SD up.

As far as I know the stomp does more dmg than the shield can stack cause its 100% of you hp.

But yes they should keep on healing. even if the shield is maxed once you start tanking the the bats.

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Viro is correct (in my experience), unless you have SI on, the stomp will remove even a fully-stacked crystal shell. What is best is to pool a little rage so that right after the stomp you can FF the crystal and use FR (with high vengeance, else don't bother) to near-fully stack your shield again. The healers do need to keep healing you definately, I have actually started using a little more FR than SD for the bats believe it or not. With the vengeance we get tanking them almost any FR is enough to fully-max the shield (around 400-500k for me) which seems more effective than SD. I find it best to pool a little from Tortos between bat waves, use SD on the pickup and use it sparingly afterwards.

Use weak auras or TellMeWhen etc to track the amount left in your crystal shield, once you know what your max is you know whether or not to FR/SD, if it's nearly dropping use FR to top it up, much better than it falling off and trying to get it back on trying to get healers to spam you for a few secs etc etc.

My SD uptime was 23.6% for our kill last week (WoL below). I've started to not use Berserk too when tanking bats, such a major DPS loss even though the extra rage when tanking them can ofc come in handy, I feel killing them much faster works just as well.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=4204&e=4609

Edit: Btw, theorectically no they don't need to heal you when the shield is maxed to keep it up, it lasts for 60secs and any healing extends the duration, however, when tankings bats it will ofc not stay at max for long, so without some spam-ish healing you will drop, and fast.

If you simply need to take a 'break' from tanking, for whatever reason, ensure you take Ursol's Vortex, pop it on bats, move away, watch em get dragged back and slowed (doesn't share DR either), very nice trick to save healers some time (though big DPS loss to you).
    Last edited by Navoan; 2013-05-13 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    Viro is correct (in my experience), unless you have SI on, the stomp will remove even a fully-stacked crystal shell. What is best is to pool a little rage so that right after the stomp you can FF the crystal and use FR (with high vengeance, else don't bother) to near-fully stack your shield again. The healers do need to keep healing you definately, I have actually started using a little more FR than SD for the bats believe it or not. With the vengeance we get tanking them almost any FR is enough to fully-max the shield (around 400-500k for me) which seems more effective than SD. I find it best to pool a little from Tortos between bat waves, use SD on the pickup and use it sparingly afterwards.
    With respect to the bubble and Quake Stomp, I literally do not have the bubble burst from most Quake Stomps while tanking bats. Keep in mind, the damage is physical, so armor will reduce the damage you take from it (along with other damage reduction passives/CDs). If your bubble is low, it certainly can pop... if it's decently high or max, your bubble should remain intact most of the time. Simple way for someone to personally test this: max our your bubble prior to the first Quake Stomp and don't use CDs on it (the bats don't come for a while anyways), I guarantee your bubble will not pop as a Guardian. If your bubble does pop due to Quake Stomp, either your healer is slacking or you're actively tanking bats too close to the Quake Stomp.

Since I basically control the bats on my own (I get an occasional DK stun on them if I deem it necessary), as long as I make some space from any remaining bats that are alive (by roughly 3 seconds until Quake Stomp I start booking it), I'm able to have my bubble remain unpopped, and using FR immediately after the stomp will max out the shell again. I personally favor using SD instead of a FR spam strategy, and I have almost 90% uptime on the bubble (usually near the end when we stop killing bats and the Quake Stomp occurs when bats land is when it will pop, I'd rather pop my bubble than lose a healer). If your strat is to kill bats, it's very easy to use too many SD charges, which can translate to more difficult SD uptimes later in the encounter. It varies raid to raid, but I tend to use 3 SD charges for every set of bats, 4 if something goes awry.

However, the big point is that Quake Stomp itself isn't a danger to your bubble as a Guardian, it's actively tanking bats extremely close to or during the Quake Stomp.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    With respect to the bubble and Quake Stomp, I literally do not have the bubble burst from most Quake Stomps while tanking bats. Keep in mind, the damage is physical, so armor will reduce the damage you take from it (along with other damage reduction passives/CDs). If your bubble is low, it certainly can pop... if it's decently high or max, your bubble should remain intact most of the time. Simple way for someone to personally test this: max our your bubble prior to the first Quake Stomp and don't use CDs on it (the bats don't come for a while anyways), I guarantee your bubble will not pop as a Guardian. If your bubble does pop due to Quake Stomp, either your healer is slacking or you're actively tanking bats too close to the Quake Stomp.

Since I basically control the bats on my own (I get an occasional DK stun on them if I deem it necessary), as long as I make some space from any remaining bats that are alive (by roughly 3 seconds until Quake Stomp I start booking it), I'm able to have my bubble remain unpopped, and using FR immediately after the stomp will max out the shell again. I personally favor using SD instead of a FR spam strategy, and I have almost 90% uptime on the bubble (usually near the end when we stop killing bats and the Quake Stomp occurs when bats land is when it will pop, I'd rather pop my bubble than lose a healer). If your strat is to kill bats, it's very easy to use too many SD charges, which can translate to more difficult SD uptimes later in the encounter. It varies raid to raid, but I tend to use 3 SD charges for every set of bats, 4 if something goes awry.

However, the big point is that Quake Stomp itself isn't a danger to your bubble as a Guardian, it's actively tanking bats extremely close to or during the Quake Stomp.
    Quake stomp is not reduced by armor. It's reduced by weakened blows, thick hide's 12%, and any CDs you've popped. Base, without any CDs, it's 79.2% of max health (something I've checked with logs), and unless you have healers with external absorbs, guess how likely it is that you'll keep a 75% of max health shield through a 79.2% of max health attack without CDs?

Bone Shield symbiosis is probably the best way to deal with it, since it will never use up stacks unless the shield drops, and cuts pretty much everything in the encounter down to more manageable damage levels.

My guild is currently working on Heroic Horridon and though we still plan on using 3 tanks we're dropping to 5 healers. As such I'll be going Guardian for the fight. I will be getting the crafted helm made tomorrow but anyone have any semi-easy gear suggestions I can try to get before our next raid on Thursday? I am currently locked to 1st. 2nd and 4th ToT LFRs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...voman/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Is tracking the RoR buff on you very important? If it is, what kind of CDs or such I should try to save for it when it is up?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-15 at 08:57 AM.