Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks for that Blazing Radiance Log tip!!!!

Checking from our Log here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8227&e=8686

You have 46 Blazing Radiance in a 10 minute fight. We have 76 Blazing Radiance in a 7 minute fight. How the fuck does that happen!?!? I know thats just the Stacks, but judging from the Logs you have 861 hits, while we have 1155 hits. Thats quite alot more...

Edit: I have looked at 4 other Logs/Guilds. They either have like 40ish Blazing Radiance or 70ish Blazing Radiance. There is a killtime of 9 Minutes with 3 Healers and 1100+ hits and 70ish Radiance. And there are killtimes with 10 Minutes and 40ish Radiance and 800+ hits. How is that defined? It kinda impacts alot on the damage...

We don't let her drop enough like you guys do. We have like 20 stacks in P3 by the time she dies. But I swear to god we pull her to every comet we have but the comet doesnt last very long. And then we just dont have them up.

7 creature Death is... well... is explains everything :-) thanks again for that log tip. I just can't figure out how these comets die.

EDIT: creature death seems normal. 4 other kill-logs have the coments marked as creature death (quite alot, 7-10). So not sure why your log only has 2 creature death.

What the mechanic around it exactly? When does the comet melt and what the fucking deal with it?

PS: It might not be my place - but I always compare my logs to other prot paladins and since you linked yours, I did that with your Prot aswell. Since you seem to be your guild Raidleader?, you might wanna have a talk with him regarding his spell management. For instance, his Sacred Shield uptime is like non existent. Good uptime is like 90+, his is at something like 20-40%, depending on the fight. Again, if its not my place, just ignore me :-)
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-05-15 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    PS: It might not be my place - but I always compare my logs to other prot paladins and since you linked yours, I did that with your Prot aswell. Since you seem to be your guild Raidleader?, you might wanna have a talk with him regarding his spell management. For instance, his Sacred Shield uptime is like non existent. Good uptime is like 90+, his is at something like 20-40%, depending on the fight. Again, if its not my place, just ignore me :-)
    Ow I'm the guild and raidleader yes, but I'm also clueless about prot paladins so I can't honestly comment to much on why he'd do this and or if it's bad. Generally Aslong as healers don't complain about him beeing unhealable it's fine. (Also he's more gifted @ dealing damage anyhow compared to mitigating damage )

As for the stacks and things you mentioned it's odd, I'm not sure how you have that many more hits, as for melting comets I think you could place her badly, inbetween two comets so both melt at the same time. I know there is an ability that affects the coments for sure, i'm not sure if the charge and what not does though.

I'm afraid I can't really help you much when it comes to her stack building and use of the abilities other than that we have the Tiger twice during her up time, not sure if that makes the difference, I do know it reduces her cast speed and ability usage and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks anyway for the other tipps. Maybe someone else can help with those mechanics.

We tiger twice too during the Suen phase, so we should have the same uptime / cast reduce.

Do the comets melt only when the boss is in proximity? Or do they also melt when players are near the comets, but not the boss? If so, how far away need players to be?
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-05-15 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Do the comments melt only when the boss is in proximity? Or do they also melt when players are near the comets, but not the boss? If so, how far away need players to be?
    She casts an ability that instantly melts the comet (not sure about the name), which is how we also lost 2 comets. This is an 8yd large AOE that is targeted on a random player. So people need to be more than 8 yards away to avoid that mechanic.

No clue about other things that "kill" comets.

P.S. I'll talk to my prot paladin by the way, thanks for the headsup.

Deleted
    I wonder why you decided to switch roles and have you tanking Suen in the end instead of your prot paladin Odeanathus? Regulary they deal more damage (assuming he has a haste build) and heal for more.

Your Blazing Radiance damage with 50M seems totally fine, i'm fairly brave to claim you didn't miss a single meteor in that kill because we had way over 100M (170 hits) on our firstkill when we missed some

On squishy mages: have them get ice barrier, that lethal barrage spell has a nice visual and with 5-6 ranged 4 of them will get hit all the time so popping a minor selfcooldown for it is crucial (130k absorb). Temp shield would be nice as well... but it's the risk of dieing *instantly* that kills you not the damage over time thing.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-05-15 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I wonder why you decided to switch roles and have you tanking Suen in the end instead of your prot paladin Odeanathus? Regulary they deal more damage (assuming he has a haste build) and heal for more.
    Just because our Fury warrior is lazy and doesn't want to apply Sunders Plus we always did it that way on normal and hey, didn't really stop working on heroic either (yes, I could keep em up when we're tanking together I gues)

Your Blazing Radiance damage with 50M seems totally fine, i'm fairly brave to claim you didn't miss a single meteor in that kill because we had way over 100M (170 hits) on our firstkill when we missed some
    Well, I'm not sure if you're analysing our logs Klaus (i hope not ) as I posted mine to show Riemu the difference between our two logs, where ours is actually a kill, and his is not. Also I'm 100% sure we lost (miss makes it sounds like they didnt spawn, they did we just sucked and blew them up) two comets on the kill where we indeed took 50mil damage from the blazing radiance, i've even got the footage to proof it if you like Riemu's group consistantly takes over 50 million damage actually.

But that is what Riemu is asking, he doens't understand that how on our longer kill we take alot less damage (and less HITS) than he does in his logs. Where we didn't really do anything special at all.

To address Riemu's perplexation [it's a word, I swear]:

There are two things at play here.

First, the best I can tell, Suen will slowly melt a comet if she's close enough that the comet would take stacks off it, regardless of whether it's actually removing stacks. In other words, if Suen has 10 stacks and you drag her close to a comet, the comet will slowly melt and remove stacks. If Suen has 0 stacks and you drag her close to a comet, the comet will still slowly melt, even though Suen is at 0. I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's likely given the huge variance of Radiance stacks I'm seeing in our logs of attempts where we don't mistakenly blow up a comet from a player standing within 8 yards of it.

To that you also add the RNG of the fight. Comets don't always come on time (see my post on page 2 of this thread), so you could get spans of time where you have 0 comets up and Suen will be gaining stacks. On those attempts, she'll have a high number of stacks/hits.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

Killed this in like 15 pulls last night (or so / 1.5 hours)
    Definitely not as hard as we had assumed, the whole fight seems to revolve around the coordination of the spirit buffs. Once you get that figured out the fight became almost a Joke.

P1 - Hardest part/healing stress
    P2 - Lust & Burn, we had a few times were no comet was up for the fire nova but easily healed through it with CD's up (Paladin, DPriest, Shaman)
    P3 - Rinse repeat, less damage then P1 going out.
    Win.

Onward to the best boss ever designed -> DARK ANIMUS