Thread: Pokémon!

kalos region looks pretty cool

looks like its in the shape of a star, wonder if that means anything

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 05:26 PM ----------

MAGICAL POKEDEX @_@

lol
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks like a Mystery Dungeon map o_0
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    That looks like a Mystery Dungeon map o_0
    dont they usually have two maps? one that looks like a drawing one that looks more like an ingame map?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I think its meant to be Europe.

Ignoring my terrible rushed outline and if you can flip Ireland and the UK cloclwise around 180 degrees. It looks pretty much exactly the same - even the river or whatever that is off to the right. Poor Norway and Sweden.

[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3200/kaloseurope.jpg[img]
    Sorry but no^^
    As you mentioned it looks like a star. You know what else looks like a star?

Looks almost too similar.
    That plus the eiffel tower in the main city. I would say it's safe to asssume it's based on france.

And there is also this post on serebii
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly
    Also. That round thing is most likely the big city. And it's at the same location as paris.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The idea is that it'll be fire/psychic, grass/Dark and water/fighting to counter their original weakenesses.
    Yeah I agree, and I hope that leak is wrong. Fighting a Water/Dark type with a Fire/Psychic *shudders*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Sorry but no^^
    As you mentioned it looks like a star. You know what else looks like a star?

Looks almost too similar.
    That plus the eiffel tower in the main city. I would say it's safe to asssume it's based on france.

And there is also this post on serebii

Also. That round thing is most likely the big city. And it's at the same location as paris.

We all knew it was going to be based on France. Looking at an actual map though now and its pretty clear its just France, which is exactly what a lot of people didnt want after Unova.

Deleted
    We all knew it was going to be based on France. Looking at an actual map though now and its pretty clear its just France, which is exactly what a lot of people didnt want after Unova.
    Why didn't people want it? I don't have a problem with it. Not to mention Europe would be too big imo. France is already much bigger than any of the places they have used as inspiration before.

15+ Year Old Account
    France is already much bigger than any of the places they have used as inspiration before.
    This is true. The problem people seemed to have with Unova was that New York is just too small with too little variation to base an entire region off. Most of the towns and routes just looked too similar. Looking at the Kalos map though there does seem to be a lot more variation.

aaaaaand i can probably delete that image of europe since the more i look at it the more obvious it was thats it was France.

Deleted
    Nooo I liked Karos more than Kalos, oh well. Still better than "Unova". :P

im hoping the fact that its in 3d and on the 3ds means we will get a much bigger region

I really hope the battle scene in X and Y isnt slow. Because they have made it "3D" with more graphical elements. This is why I hate gen 4, the battle scene is just toooooo slow even when you do turn off the animations. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the story of the 4th gen games and G/S was my fav back in gen 2. But the battle scene.... oooooh the battle scenes just makes playing the games unbearable. Just feels too sluggish and not smooth at all.

And this is also why Gen 5 is my fav :P the battle scenes are beautiful and ofc the EXP change is amaze ballz.

Any of you dislike the flow of battle in gen 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    I really hope the battle scene in X and Y isnt slow. Because they have made it "3D" with more graphical elements. This is why I hate gen 4, the battle scene is just toooooo slow even when you do turn off the animations. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the story of the 4th gen games and G/S was my fav back in gen 2. But the battle scene.... oooooh the battle scenes just makes playing the games unbearable. Just feels too sluggish and not smooth at all.

And this is also why Gen 5 is my fav :P the battle scenes are beautiful and ofc the EXP change is amaze ballz.

i never noticed it being much different, if youve ever played Colosseum or xd or that revolution game expect battles to be like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    It was only Diamond and Pearl. They fixed the random lapses and pauses in Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver. And tbh the battle system was the least of the D/P problems.

It was only Diamond and Pearl. They fixed the random lapses and pauses in Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver. And tbh the battle system was the least of the D/P problems.
    en 4 just wasnt that good in my opinion, i didnt really like any of the starters, i disliked all but like a handful of the new pokemon (luxray, lucario, ect) and ost of the evos for old pokemon looked awful

Deleted
    I liked Gen 4.

Liked all of the starters.
    Liked most of the Pokemon.
    Loved the Region. Sinnoh is way better than Unova or Hoenn

I've probably voiced my opinion too much on D&P in this thread when it has been brought up in the past, but I still feel like adding I think it's the weakest entries for any main game. The Pokémons just don't look good for the most part (some exceptions like Palkia, Torterra and Garchomp, but they are few,) the region is forgettable and all over the place (not as bad as Hoenn though,) the story was way over the top, but worst of all, the gameplay was too damn slow. I generally have some patience, but not the patience to ever play those games through again without speeding it up on an emulator. Plus, the Elite Four were too damn strong, I'm all for a challenge and that, but it was just ridiculous, no wonder they were nerfed in Platinum, which was an improvement for the most part but I still feel it's pretty damn weak by Pokémon standards. Gen 5 was luckily very good, and I have high expectations for X & Y coming off of Gen 5, even if I didn't like Black 2 & White 2 very much.

I liked Gen 4.

Liked all of the starters.
    Liked most of the Pokemon.
    Loved the Region. Sinnoh is way better than Unova or Hoenn
    im the opposite i really like hoenn and unova wheras sinnoh felt boring except for the snowy zones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im the opposite i really like hoenn and unova wheras sinnoh felt boring except for the snowy zones
    Hoenn is too much water.

And you can't seriously say Sinnoh is boring while Unova is good. Unova is a circle. You follow that circle. Done. It is by far the most boring region in any Pokemon game.

Hoenn is too much water.

And you can't seriously say Sinnoh is boring while Unova is good. Unova is a circle. You follow that circle. Done. It is by far the most boring region in any Pokemon game.
    while the shape wasnt very good it was varied, all the locales felt different and yeah hoenn had a bit to much water but the land parts were nice i really loved the jungle bits.

sinnoh was just boring the only places that felt unque were the snowy mountains, mt coronet just felt like a big maze, the gyms didnt really feel unique, victory road was boring, most of the towns were boring, the end game zone was just a dumb mountain with nothing on it except heatran, it felt like i did way to much backtracking near the end of it.

plus the secret bases in hoenn were the coolest wheras the ones in d/p were just a boring cave and i felt like there was alot more to explore in hoenn and unova than in sinnoh.

Deleted
    I really hope the starter doesn't turn out to be grass/fighting type. I love my grass types and I definitely want to start with Chespin, however I hate fighting types with a passion. I just don't like their looks or moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    I really hope the starter doesn't turn out to be grass/fighting type. I love my grass types and I definitely want to start with Chespin, however I hate fighting types with a passion. I just don't like their looks or moves.
    They should just take a break from starters with a fighting secondary for a while tbh, blaziken was great, infernape was 1 too many...and I will not speak of that other fire/fighting starter
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.