Thread: Horridon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I never said we were in ToT for 2 months, just that its 2 months into 5.2 now. We are a casual guild raiding 2-3 hours per day, for 2 nights per week.
    Sorry, I put words in your mouth. That's how I read it. But for how long (hours) were you actually stuck on Horridon?
    Also if I can give you a tip, 2-3 hours is not a good amount of time to be raiding. Chose either one and make sure the whole group agrees with it. Ought to be raiding for 3 hours, but generally raiding for 2, is just annoying for everyone involved. Make people show the hell up at time and make sure they don't go on a lot of random afk breaks. Being a casual guild shouldn't change any of the things I named.

10+ Year Old Account
    What monk uses 6 uplifts through an entire fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Should he use it more often?
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2013-05-16 at 12:46 AM.

Seen plenty of helpful tips on Council already posted. Recommend rooting the spirits and ranged bursting them down and maintain focus on the empowered add. Dot classes can keep dots on Sul and still work on current empowered add. We usually let the empowered add gain about 40-50 energy before focusing all but one melee, which is left on Sul till he's dead. This should vary though depending on how fast your group is able to dps down current target, which is something that you'll have to play with and see what works for your group. As a shaman i usually pop AG when the raid focuses on Kazrajin due to the extra damage being taken. It's a good raid cd to help healers out in a tight spot. Just mainly boils down to execution. If one of your raiders has an account on askmrrobot, you can check toons against drops in a particular raid and see what ups they may need out of earlier tier. While i don't recommend using your limited time for older tier unless everyone is severely lacking gear, i do recommend raiders taking advantage of cross server raiding on Openraid.us in their own spare time to acquire ups to help the raid out. Icy-veins.com also has strats for ToT with tips for most bosses for each class/spec including glyph and talent choices. Also good to read up on rotations and practice on dummies if you feel they need to. Atm that's what i can think to contribute off the top of my head to maybe help.

Since I posted earlier in this thread, I figured I'd update with a couple of things.

After spending a couple of nights stuck on gate 2, I decided to pull the team and head back into T-14 raids. We had attendance issues early on in the expansion and didn't have an opportunity to work on some of those fights. Even with us out-gearing that content and the 10% nerf, it was a great exercise for our casual team, since it helped everyone get in the "mechanics" mindset. Once we cleared HOF & TOES. We headed back into ToT and got Horridon on 12 pulls. As many mentioned, it's not a DPS race for the most part, it's a mechanics thing. Once everyone understood that it was EVERYONE's responsibility to interrupt and to stay out of the poo we were able to push through relatively easy. DPS was "good" but we're not lighting it up.

Then we went in and killed Council on our 6th attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You mentioned that Horridon shouldn't have been the second boss in the instance. This might be a bit of a surprise, but most of the rest of the bosses are harder than Horridon.
    I still stand by my opinion that Horridon shouldn't have been the 2nd boss for this instance. Once you learn Horridon, sure it's easy peasy, but there are plenty of guilds that basically quit after Horridon. Council was a cakewalk compared to Horridon. We got a couple of attempts on Tortus at the end of the night and he looks like he's going to be cake as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Why is the holy priest using divine star on horridon?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Why is the holy priest using divine star on horridon?
    I'm still trying to puzzle out why the shaman is relying that much on healing surge. He shouldn't be using that unless it's a dire situation. Also the monk needs to be using renewing mist literally off cooldown.

The first ToT boss was designed to be killed quickly by pugs. It was designed so that even fail raid groups could at least kill 1 boss in the raid. Sounds like Flex Raiding is right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    I still stand by my opinion that Horridon shouldn't have been the 2nd boss for this instance. Once you learn Horridon, sure it's easy peasy, but there are plenty of guilds that basically quit after Horridon. Council was a cakewalk compared to Horridon. We got a couple of attempts on Tortus at the end of the night and he looks like he's going to be cake as well....
    you are 100% correct, especially before the nerfs, and blizzard has publicly stated they also agree with you.

whoever said all of the rest of the bosses are harder is crazy. horridon, council, tortos, and megaera are all about even. after that, the bosses actually get easier, with two of them (primordius and TC) being stupidly easy.

hopefully, SoO will be less linear in progression.

I'm sorry, but at this stage with all the nerfs, videos, gear and guides available to you, if you've not managed to complete Horridon, you're not really cut out for Normal Mode raiding. Flex Raiding sounds like it might be the thing for you, but consider carefully your choices.

Why are you not meeting the needs of the boss? Poor leadership, slacking DPS / Healers / Tanks, skill-less raiding team? Try to figure those issues out, and resolve them, because there is no excuse to be stuck on Horridon this late into the Tier.

Taking a quick look at some of the other posts, it sounds like your team consists of people unwilling to commit the time needed to learn their class. 6 Uplifts from your Monk Healer screams idiocy to me, as a former Mistweaver myself, I had a PowerAura set up just to tell me when it was off cooldown, so I could spam it like crazy!

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    Going to disagree. My guild managed to down Horridon easily, I believe within the first week, and one of the first guilds to do so, yet we sucked so badly on Council, that it held us back for almost a month!

Horridon is all about control, and fast switching. Even pre-nerf it wasn't hard, just about strong communication. However, each team is different. As I said, I knew guilds who are still on 6 / 12 Normal Mode, that managed to kill Council before we did.