Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Personally I haven't been Unholy since ICC, was never fond of pets and downright dislike them since the new AI in 4.0. If I stayed Frost for 4.3, I'm pretty sure I'll stay Frost for anything.

You're not going to get very far with two buttons as Frost, or indeed any spec.
    Frost wasn't that bad in 4.3 though. Now if you said 4.0.3(cata launch) then I would actually take you a bit serious..

OT: Unholy is more engaging and you need to pay attention to a lot more. It's fun to actually push more than 3 and tunnel and basically play whack-a-mole. So glad unholy is back, after 4.3 with gurth I realized how bad frost actually is now post cata rune system. Now if you bring back wotlk rune's system....ill gladly go back to frost so long as the perma death runes are taken out.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was still playing I had 3 DKs 2 of which were UH as main spec during the times that UH was either better or equal to Frost or not far behind it. meaning in WotLK and Cata 4.3 (It was good in the beginning of cata as well). To this day it is still my favorite DK spec and I love playing as an UH dk. Frost was always boring for me it had literally nothing that could go wrong in Cata. Unholy is just always my reason to play and love DK above all other classes.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Frost wasn't that bad in 4.3 though. Now if you said 4.0.3(cata launch) then I would actually take you a bit serious..

OT: Unholy is more engaging and you need to pay attention to a lot more. It's fun to actually push more than 3
    You have to pay attention to more as Unholy(frustratingly so, IMO), but...you only push 3 buttons as frost? Obliterate, Frost Strike, and Howling Blast, I guess? So no Pillar(or ghoul, or army) for you, and you don't bother applying or maintaining Blood Plague or Horn of Winter?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how Unholy is any more engaging then Frost, once you've got your buffed DoTs up all you really need to do is SS with procs, react to DT/procs and keep your diseases going permenantly with FeS (making sure the boss dies right as they fall of isn't a big thing), DnD on CD and Soul Reaper on CD once the boss is below 45%. Frost has about as much to do as that even if it is a more upfront style of play.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Another "My dad plays a better spec then your dad does" thread, since the thread is unholy biased then that's all your going to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You have to pay attention to more as Unholy(frustratingly so, IMO), but...you only push 3 buttons as frost? Obliterate, Frost Strike, and Howling Blast, I guess? So no Pillar(or ghoul, or army) for you, and you don't bother applying or maintaining Blood Plague or Horn of Winter?
    You dont realy count in longer CDs though, so lets say 5 spells - HB, Obli, FS, Horn of Winter and Plague Strike

But then again, as UH you use - Plague Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, DnD, Death Coil, Horn of Winter = 6 spells, 7 with Soul Reaper but yeah.
    I may have forgot something though, and I'm not counting longer CDs here. I mainly play blood on my DK in PvE.

Neither of the specs are "hard" to handle, but more difficult to master. Though this is my first expansion as DK, I allready do better than pretty much any DK I've met in LFR, my tanking skills on my first raid was impressive enough to make me a spot in the core group after one raid. And when I do have to dps, I dont got any problems keeping up with the other people.. So yeah, DKs aint realy hard what ever spec you play. Perhaps harder to realy master, time is the best teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    there is this thing called fun you might have heard of it

also I hate pets, the pet completely destroys unholy for me, I rolled the class to be a melee front line knight not to deal with a pet
    Yeah pretty much this. If Unholy didn't have a perma-ghoul, I'd use it all the time. Ghoul ruins it.

I was referring to buttons you push on a regular. not once a minute or once every 1.5-2 minutes. As unholy I am hitting FeS, SS, DC, DT, DnD now if you want to add horn and my two long cooldowns, and then army as well on top of micromanaging diseases so as to make sure they are the strongest as they can be at all times. Then you are right...unholy isn't much more engaging at all.

Really what i was referring to is how retarded frost has become. It's a spam spec where you just play whack-a-mole and its quite honestly boring as all hell in comparison to unholy(to me now). I was a dedicated frost dk from wrath through cata until I got a gurth. Then I tried unholy and absolutely fell in love with how much better it is with the new rune mechanics post cata. Realistically...frost is held back due to the rune mechanics now but that's a different argument.

Both specs aren't hard to play or manage, get over it.

Unholy love? If you're into any serious PVE action, Unholy is pretty much the favorite right now. The way fights line up and are presented this tier, the playstyle for Unholy just shines more.

I've always loved the Unholy theme but never really cared for the gameplay, you just feel so wimpy even tho you are doing good damage. There is no "OOMF" spell.
    Hi Sephurik

Everyone blames the pet, apparently, but personally: It think it's due to two factors:
    -Ramp up time.
    -Smaller numbers per hit.

The pet is basically passive damage, there's really no management to it. I mean, you can have it sit on some bosses, like Horridon, with some micromanagement, but even then, it's just changing it's stance to passive and clicking Attack :P

I dont understand why people complain about the pet, what does it do that botters you? Except doing dmg for you that is..
    Just make a macro so he attacks what ever you attack. Then macro in the stun and charge aswell, and you got full control in no time and no effort
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I dont understand why people complain about the pet, what does it do that botters you? Except doing dmg for you that is..
    Just make a macro so he attacks what ever you attack. Then macro in the stun and charge aswell, and you got full control in no time and no effort
    besides random despawning. random deaths (wtf is with our long timer to resummon timmy?)
    pathing issues.

at least these issues are much smaller than they used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been unholy PvP since wrath. I was frost Pve since wrath and a little in cata. Unholy has always been my favorite spec and I absolutely love seeing all these frost dks ! Makes me feel unique. Blood with armor pen was the DPS spec of choice, so my DW frost stood way out. Step in cata a slew of unholy because dks couldn't let go of their 2h's. I play unholy PvP and Pve because the spec is fun. Frost dks don't worry me in PvP, unholy's do.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    besides random despawning. random deaths (wtf is with our long timer to resummon timmy?)
    pathing issues.

at least these issues are much smaller than they used to be.
    Pretty much this. The ghoul is a turn-off for me too, and coming from a PvPer (i didn't PvE as unholy, i feel frost is much better for that) I can honesty say that the ghoul is the thing you feel like throwing something at after almost every match. Why? Because it's part of your overall damage. And if you play against a team with at least one member that knows you have a 2min CD on it, he will kill it and let you rely on your diseases and your gargoyle.

Without ghoul you lose a part of that steady damage, because unlike frost, unholy has no burst. It just hits hard. And hitting hard constantly doesn't win matches. Burst does. However Unholy is better than frost in arenas now because it sustains itself better. Frost depends on uptime on target, unholy not that much. But kill the ghoul away and chances are you'd make that dk want to swap to frost in combat.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-15 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I was referring to buttons you push on a regular. not once a minute or once every 1.5-2 minutes. As unholy I am hitting FeS, SS, DC, DT, DnD now if you want to add horn and my two long cooldowns, and then army as well on top of micromanaging diseases so as to make sure they are the strongest as they can be at all times. Then you are right...unholy isn't much more engaging at all.
    I SPECIFICALLY SAID you had to pay attention to more as Unholy(and it makes the spec terribly unfun, IMO), just for the record. I only disputed your claim that Frost is a "3 button spec". It is not. You use FeS, SS, DC, frost uses Oblit, FS, HB. We both use Horn, Outbreak, Pestilence, SR, and Army so we'll ignore those. You use DnD, frost uses PS just as frequently. You have Gary once per 3 minutes, frost has Timmy once per 2 minutes, both have no resource cost since Gary is free now, so we'll count them as even. You have UF as a CD, once per 3 minutes with no resource cost...Frost has PoF, which has a 1 min CD and costs a rune, but hey, we'll count them as even too just for fun. That leaves DT, so that means UH regularly uses 1 button more than frost does. Sure, there is more to monitor(DT stacks, micromanaging diseases) but it's not like UH uses 20 buttons and frost "only uses 3", which is what you seemed to imply.

Dunno where u have been, but arenas are packed with UH dks.. Its not fun.

I SPECIFICALLY SAID you had to pay attention to more as Unholy(and it makes the spec terribly unfun, IMO), just for the record. I only disputed your claim that Frost is a "3 button spec". It is not. You use FeS, SS, DC, frost uses Oblit, FS, HB. We both use Horn, Outbreak, Pestilence, SR, and Army so we'll ignore those. You use DnD, frost uses PS just as frequently. You have Gary once per 3 minutes, frost has Timmy once per 2 minutes, both have no resource cost since Gary is free now, so we'll count them as even. You have UF as a CD, once per 3 minutes with no resource cost...Frost has PoF, which has a 1 min CD and costs a rune, but hey, we'll count them as even too just for fun. That leaves DT, so that means UH regularly uses 1 button more than frost does. Sure, there is more to monitor(DT stacks, micromanaging diseases) but it's not like UH uses 20 buttons and frost "only uses 3", which is what you seemed to imply.
    Exactly, I play UH when I decide to go dps. And I cant say its more complicated than frost, its only a bit annoying if I forget to monitor my dots for a second and they fall off after had them applied with both trinket procs and UF.. Then I will for sure never get the luck to get both trinket procs at the same time and get them up to the same ammount of dmg.
    As frost one wouldnt need to worry about that, they can just keep on going with their rotation and only watch out for KM procs so you use it on FS(if DW) or Obli(If 2hand), other than that its pretty much stright forward.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Dunno where u have been, but arenas are packed with UH dks.. Its not fun.
    Just kill their pet. Then kill it again, and watch how he will be frustrated for 2 minutes. Then kill it again! It's worth it, just forget anything, tunnel that pet and laugh while he tries to heal it with his DCs because his healer forgot to enable pet health bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Just kill their pet. Then kill it again, and watch how he will be frustrated for 2 minutes. Then kill it again! It's worth it, just forget anything, tunnel that pet and laugh while he tries to heal it with his DCs because his healer forgot to enable pet health bar.
    You must have played some Dks who forgot what Huddle was used for on the pet. I met a warrior in pvp other day who tried to kill my pet, one click of huddle and a couple of death coils later (plus a little chains root kiting of him) and it was back to full.

One thing I do agree on is the 2 min Cooldown on the pet need to be reduced.