Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Exactly this! It will be hard to deliver all the WoW World in the two hour movie! It will be extremely hard ! I fear they might make one more DRY film without any emotion just Action scenes and pretty places like Avatar was ! It was quite crap film I want to say.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 10:53 PM ----------

Yes It can be Trilogy or Series but everything depends first movie ! If its bad than tend will go that 2nd and other series will be crap too. So first 90-120 mintes are VERY IMPORTANT !

Well yeah I guess it all rests on the first movie but I still have high hopes it will be a quailty adaption if blizz has a thight grip on the production team and doesn't let the director and studio go rampant with shit ideas then it should be at least better than any other Game>Movie adaption so far...

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Did I just read that Warcraft's lore is better than Tolkien's LOTR?
    Yes, you did, you got a problem with other's opinions? deal with it.

I hate hobbits and the fact that they are the protagonists in Tolkien's lore and I always skip the frodo+sam parts in LOTR when I watch it. Although I like other hobbits like pippin and even Bilbo in the Hobbit, he's awesome... Frodo and Sam... just... boring so yeah half of LOTR for me is a borefest due to too much focus on Frodo+Sam... and tbh I found The Silmarillion quite enjoyable but it's nowhere near as large as what Warcraft has in store
    Just look at some of the RPG books for warcraft and how many creatures there are in the lore and how many different zones and everything... that's what makes Warcraft lore better than LOTR for me ... I like quantity because it can be measured, quality is always subjective and what may be for some1 poor quality for others can be great...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-05-15 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    He, that would be the first good movie based on a videogame. As much as I love the game, I can't really see it going well. I don't know why videogames companies keep trying.

I think it is going to be a piece of shit.

Succesfull piece of shit, just like Avatar. Because braindead masses out there think it is epic.

i wanna see a movie with wrathion and anduin and them going on wacky adventures and finding lost artifacts, actually i want it to be a tv show.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think a movie based of warcraft 2 or 3 would be a good movie
    I have thought about this many times. I think there's two ways to start the Movie.
    1. One from Warcraft 1 - telling us the modern story of Warcraft. And then following chronically till the recent story.
    2. Or we could start from Warcraft 3 telling story of Arthas and the old Horde Already in Azeroth. Mentioning that they are from another planet Giving more intrigue how they got here. And Arthas story is most interesting and breathtaking I guess to start with. Than we will end the story of Arthas in 2nd movie. After that we can go back in Warcraft 1 or 2 and tell the story of Horde and Alliance OR tell the story of Night elves 10,000 years ago and 4rth movie would be about Illidan dying and Burning crusade ! Then follow lore to recent story.

Another Films that can be taken if and only IF the film is success, would be about the Aspects too.

P.S Your avatar looks like Duck from some Anemie Cartoon until you look at it very closely
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-05-15 at 10:05 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Yeah, the Super Mario Bros movie sucked balls!!

... or in other words your example makes no sense.
    His example made perfect sense lol

A great game does not necessarily mean it will make or be a great movie.

I hope it is but going off track records...
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Succesfull piece of shit, just like Avatar. Because braindead masses out there think it is epic.
    Well if it has the same quality of CGI as Avatar it'll prolly be a big succes yeah... I mean who even went to see Avatar for the plot... it was all about leet CGI and scenery for me and I saw it 3-4 times in Cinema...

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh.. as long as its not just anothere generic 'humans are the goods guys, and the horde are evilz, we must beat the horde, oh looks we beat the horde, but one of our heroes died, boo'.

Honestly, this kind of storytelling might have worked when disney launched and anything considered 'ugly' was on the evil list, but given the advanced storytelling we've seen in warcraft, giving the races more depth then just your generic good guy v bad guy persona, well lets face it, there is a reason the story in WC3 is considered the best in the franchise, because of delved into the depth of the races, made the orcs appear less like monsters and more like people, and showed the dark side of humans with arthas.

unless they follow formula with some depth to the characters they have in the cast, I'll be convinced its another generic good guy v bad guy story, and is warcraft was meant to follow this trend, I'd have stopped playing years ago.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account

Warning: Do not insult us Please ! There are people saying it will be epic and I say it will be too !
    Consider you play with 8 299 999 Braindead people who think it will be epic. And lot more ex-wow players will watch it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    it shits all over any other fantasy series even LOTR...

The world and the diversity between all races is enormous compared to anything in any other fantasy universe... I agree that some of the personal stories are meh but the overall lore is tremendous in scope and scale compared to anything existing atm... and it should be considering it's been constantly worked on for more than a decade and is still being developed.
    It's also wildly inconsistent and highly derivative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Warning: Do not insult us Please ! There are people saying it will be epic and I say it will be too !
    Consider you play with 8 299 999 Braindead people who think it will be epic. And lot more ex-wow players will watch it.
    Well im still playing and i think it will suck, so it makes it only 8 299 998 people.
    That aside, considering direction current wow lore is going it will be probably disney princess level movie. Or even worse.

ill still go watch it knowing it will probably let me down, I went with great hopes when I went to watch last air bender, I mean the story is already there how can they mess it up, boy was I wrong lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    sigh.. as long as its not just anothere generic 'humans are the goods guys, and the horde are evilz, we must beat the horde, oh looks we beat the horde, but one of our heroes died, boo'.

Honestly, this kind of storytelling might have worked when disney launched and anything considered 'ugly' was on the evil list, but given the advanced storytelling we've seen in warcraft, giving the races more depth then just your generic good guy v bad guy persona, well lets face it, there is a reason the story in WC3 is considered the best in the franchise, because of delved into the depth of the races, made the orcs appear less like monsters and more like people, and showed the dark side of humans with arthas.

unless they follow formula with some depth to the characters they have in the cast, I'll be convinced its another generic good guy v bad guy story, and is warcraft was meant to follow this trend, I'd have stopped playing years ago.
    Agreed. I think it wont be like Good humans will destroy Bad Horde. It will irritate Whole horde players and some Alliance too. And I guess they are aware of it ! So I think they will introduce Horde as good guys who fight good guys (alliance) for their good life Evenmore if they are playing the game

Yeah, those people who like things you don't like are so braindead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    ill still go watch it knowing it will probably let me down, I went with great hopes when I went to watch last air bender, I mean the story is already there how can they mess it up, boy was I wrong lol.
    Oh that is so true ! I Think it was fault of Director, he want aware of Characters at all !!! He made new character all by himself copied the story and pasted it in Mass spec effect movie! Even made Aang sad character and sokka clever character !!! Why !! ?

I think it will be better if they made a mature themed animated series that lasts a while so they don't have to rush to tell all the story in hour and a half

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to change the subject but I cant stop myself from replying to this post.
    Mists of Pandaria has most interesting and heavy Lore the game ever introduced.
    It's alright. B movie alright.

Don't get to see much of it in the game though. We are still getting epics with no "history" whatsoever behind them, with names from random name generators. With characters that have as much depth as those from a soap opera.

In general, there is a lack of "cohesiveness" in the world too.

As I said, I have seen better. WoW's lore was never it strong point for me. Not since when I read the wiki and find that a good amount doesn't make much sense and that it's highly derivative - the latter being a cause of the former at times as Blizzard can't seem to remember who they took the idea from and confuse similar "concepts".
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-05-15 at 10:26 PM.

The only way I'd be interested in a Warcraft movie would be if they captured a climate of war within an sense of exploration.

I don't know any meaningful way they could, for example, set up the scourge invasion (pre-Wrath event) on Azeroth (couldn't even fit in Outland back where we first met Putress), the preparation and voyage to Northrend, and fit in some meaningful dungeon crawling (destruction of Naxxramas, Anub'arak (and for Metzen's sake don't do that Trial of Crusader shit)) that tied into a final confrontation with Arthas while keeping the Alliance vs. Horde conflict visible. Not in even 3 hours. Splitting it just seems like it would be even riskier; but would have to see the first installment to really get a perspective on how they handle it all.

Heck, I'd hope they started at an earlier plot point than the scourge invasion in WoW, though. WC3 creation of the scourge + legion, imo, and adding the Legion and exploring the new races added in WC3... That's just so much to cover.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-05-15 at 10:29 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i havent even seen that movie out of fear that it will ruin avatar for me
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

A movie about a video game has never been good, and I dont expect a Warcraft movie to break the cycle.