Thread: Armor buff?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by guttedzombie View Post
    so i have 103.574 armor =69,13% avoidance after buff 74,13%... i'm not hc just 520 but 75% cap is near...4% buff cui prodest?
    175110 armor for cap. Character sheet values are based off level 90 enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    175110 armor for cap. Character sheet values are based off level 90 enemies.
    yeah maybe i'm wrong but you too are wrong...i used delicate vial of the sanguinaire at second buff i was capped and i was 152k so cap isn't 175k

yeah maybe i'm wrong but you too are wrong...i used delicate vial of the sanguinaire at second buff i was capped and i was 152k so cap isn't 175k
    It's 175110. The character sheet is for level 90 attackers. You need more armor to be capped for level 93 attackers. Those 3 levels count a lot and make the cap drop significantly to 138772.5. That is probably what you were seeing.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-05-15 at 10:34 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    They should stop buffing our armor and buff our damage reduction instead imo.

but why? i...am...speechless :<
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Thick hide is currently split 12% physical/25% magical damage reduction. Going up to a flat 25% damage reduction as is the case with warriors and monks would be more useful, imo, but whatever, a buff is a buff.

so i have 103.574 armor =69,13% avoidance after buff 74,13%... i'm not hc just 520 but 75% cap is near...4% buff cui prodest?
    Holy shit, how did you get those results.

4% more amor is not 4% dmg reduction. The more armor you have the more armor you need for 1 extra percent. Just guessing here but you should be at arounr 71% maybe 72%

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Thick hide is currently split 12% physical/25% magical damage reduction. Going up to a flat 25% damage reduction as is the case with warriors and monks would be more useful, imo, but whatever, a buff is a buff.
    This goes sort of with my original thinking of why buff armor instead of other changes (I won't restate the my previous opinions, for brevity), and it's likely were also the victim of "tank flavor." While bumping up Thick Hide would likely be a super easy survival upgrade in the physical mitigation department, I'm sure Blizz would be hard-pressed to do so, since we're supposed to be the massive armor tanks... aka, huge passive damage reduction + tons of armor = not likely balanced, leading to trickle-down problems where we're too much like other tanks and/or we need revamps to compensate elsewhere.

I would've loved a bump in Thick Hide from a survival standpoint honestly, but I realize there would be a cost that Blizz likely doesn't want to make at this point in time.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

A change to Thick Hide I think would've been the best bandaid for this tier. But it makes it harder to make changes for subsequent tiers without simply reverting it later.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, otherwise Guardians will be screwed when they hit the cap.