s priest + void shift!

Void Shift had its cooldown decreased to 5 minutes, down from 6 minutes for Discipline and Holy Priests. For Shadow Priests, cooldown has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 6 minutes, and the spell is no longer usable while in Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds.

Yessssssssssssssssssss. (my team doesnt have a s priest lol.)

How do you guys feel about this?

Old news. I can see why this might have been needed--but this plus the MD nerf was a bit much.

Voif shift : That was needed in 3s! it was way too op lol Not sure in 2s tho.. but since blizzard didnt balance this game around 2s, guess it makes sence.
    MD change : I'm not sure what to think about this change. First when no mage/pally are facing you, you have a free slot for a glyph which is cool because in 5.2 you have only 1 free slot since the other 2 are mandatory. I think that the 0.5 s cast to dispel a ice block/ divine shield was way too op for shadow. + the 0.5 sec cast you let you dispel any cc's on your healer that was op.
    The nerfed the shadow priest utility in 3s and this is a good step up. We're more into damage now that into hybrid spec for 3s.
    The sad part is that my shiny new 87 spell in MOP will be un-usable for me in arenas.. They have to rework that this is plain stupid..

10+ Year Old Account
    As a PvP Spriest I'am almost surprised it took them as long as it did to do the voidshift nerf, it was a nerf coming since it went live. That massdispel nerf on the other hand I don't 100% agree with purely because MD is the only way for spriest to get magic off themselves. That's my point of view on it.

Bad change spriest gets trained hard by melee classes. Now all spriest teams will be countered hard. All spriest needed was a utility nerf but this nerf will kill them completely unless the damage reduction changes don't make them moving target dummies.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    A better change for void shift, particularly for shadow - would have been to make it exchange 30% of a teammates health for the spriests. So a 10% hp spriest can 'steal' 30% of a full health healer or teammate, and now be at 40% - or can offer up 30% of their max health to heal a teammate at 10% health.

Functionally it does no healing, since it does as much friendly fire as it does healing - but in practice it's just enough to be a non-trivial cooldown - it's no guarentee you (or your teammate) won't take another 30% damage and die anyways, but it's good enough to matter and not just take away our only new MoP ability.

An ability, i should point out - that is a Shadow spell, with a Shadow name (Void Shift) but is no longer useable by Shadowpriests. It would be like if they took Deep Freeze from Frost mages and gave it to Fire mages.

In comparison to the Mass Dispel nerf though, the Void Shift nerf is trivial. What they should have done for Mass Dispel was let it keep the 0.5s cast time glyph, but remove the ability to dispel undispellable effects for Shadow. Then it's still useful for saving your healer, but means only warriors and disc priests can break undispellable bubbles and blocks. The 1.5 second cast is going to make it almost never land against a competent enemy team.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

How do you guys feel about this?
    Considering the amount of shadow priests i see in arenas I am happy with this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordpete View Post
    Voif shift : That was needed in 3s! it was way too op lol Not sure in 2s tho.. but since blizzard didnt balance this game around 2s, guess it makes sence.
    MD change : I'm not sure what to think about this change. First when no mage/pally are facing you, you have a free slot for a glyph which is cool because in 5.2 you have only 1 free slot since the other 2 are mandatory. I think that the 0.5 s cast to dispel a ice block/ divine shield was way too op for shadow. + the 0.5 sec cast you let you dispel any cc's on your healer that was op.
    The nerfed the shadow priest utility in 3s and this is a good step up. We're more into damage now that into hybrid spec for 3s.
    The sad part is that my shiny new 87 spell in MOP will be un-usable for me in arenas.. They have to rework that this is plain stupid..
    They could've have void shift act differently for spriests instead. Instead of swapping all of a person's hp they could've made it work like spirit link where void shift would only heal your ally to 50% and drop your own hp to 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    They could've have void shift act differently for spriests instead. Instead of swapping all of a person's hp they could've made it work like spirit link where void shift would only heal your ally to 50% and drop your own hp to 50%.
    i said this right when they did it and there was thread about it too.. that would be a better fix imo. MD + shift nerf is a bit much considering how they've failed to make meaningful mage changes imo. clear cut #1 caster now.

The only lvl 87 spell that can't be used sweet.

what exactly was the change to MD?

Removing normally non-disepellable magic effects (ice block/pally bubble) now requires a glyph slot. The 1 sec cast time reduction (previously given by glyph) is now given baseline to discipline and holy only--making cast time for shadow priests the full 1.5 sec.