Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The curse of low populated servers

Hello.

Im really disapointed in the lack of commitment from Blizzard when it comes to low populations on servers.
    This is one of the key reasons why people stops playing the game. Its simply not worth paying for being on low populated server.
    There is no AH sale, no events, your simply left alone in orgrimmar/SW starring at the walls..

I know the X-realm zones have helped out alot. But the lack of AH trading and the nonexisting feeling of big a community on the server, makes you want to quit the game.

Im on a low populated server and my guild is considering the possibility of a servertransfeer. The thing is I have 11 highlevel characters.. and im not interrested in paying money for transfeering all of those characters to have all my professions on one server..

I just hope Blizzard wakes up and finds a solution to merge low populated servers into a new medium/high populated server...

Reguards Freak

Deleted
    As long as you are willing to pay to move they have no incentive to drop the price. Sad, but good business.

There are perks too! BMAH stuff will be cheap cheap cheap!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post
    There are perks too! BMAH stuff will be cheap cheap cheap!
    Well after you get your alts full t3 geared it gets rather boring..
    Also no matter how dead the server is stuff like mimirons head always goes for gold cap because theres an idiot who bids max all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Well after you get your alts full t3 geared it gets rather boring..
    Also no matter how dead the server is stuff like mimirons head always goes for gold cap because theres an idiot who bids max all the time.
    Not sure how max bidding is idiotic? But OK.

With subs in freefall they won't do anything. The transfer fees are too good to pass up.

Look what they did with the Korean servers. They didn't merge until after everyone quit playing. Only 2 decent servers left in Korea.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/kr

You can expect the same thing with US and EU realms.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    As long as you are willing to pay to move they have no incentive to drop the price. Sad, but good business.
    true but im not convinced its a financial profit in the long run for Blizzard, since they are loosing alot of players due to the boredom on low populated servers.
    Im sure that casual players in generel not are willing to pay money, just to play on a "normal" server. I think Blizzard are acting irresponsible and careless for there customers that are "forced" to play on low populated servers. When you are building up characters on a realm, you more or less desides a "main realm".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    With subs in freefall they won't do anything. The transfer fees are too good to pass up.

Look what they did with the Korean servers. They didn't merge until after everyone quit playing. Only 2 decent servers left in Korea.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/kr

You can expect the same thing with US and EU realms.
    Any idea how they dealt with those with same names and or Guild names with this merging of realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I see a lot of people saying this, but I wonder how much truth is behind that statement. A transfer costs $25-50, correct?

From my experience, most people would much rather quit the game than transfer servers to continue playing. I would think Blizzard would lose more money from sub losses than they would gain from server transfers.

I feel inclined to believe there is a much bigger reason as to why Blizzard isn't merging servers.

There is longest thread with like 5k+ responses going for 2+ years on Wow EU forums and they still dont do anything.I think that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    I am not convinced by this and I think it's bit of a knee-jerk argument. The empty realms do not encourage the people to keep on playing and transferring away from one's home realm is a big step. It is also far too expensive for many if they have multiple characters that they'd like to keep on playing.

Solving the population issues would affect the communities positively and encourage longevity. A single person quitting because of an empty realm would have over time been worth more money than several realm transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I am not convinced by this and I think it's bit of a knee-jerk argument. The empty realms do not encourage the people to keep on playing and transferring away from one's home realm is a big step. It is also far too expensive for many if they have multiple characters that they'd like to keep on playing.

Solving the population issues would affect the communities positively and encourage longevity. A single person quitting because of an empty realm would have over time been worth more money than several realm transfers.
    Exactly. And a lot more than one person has quit due to low population realms and ridiculous transfer costs.

Deleted
    the curse is that no one likes sticking to a low pop server and making into high lvl. everyone wants to go to oultand, kazzak and whatever other popular high pop servers

of course there are some who enjoy low pop servers but who can stop bandwagons?

Quote Originally Posted by freakbloodfeather View Post
    true but im not convinced its a financial profit in the long run for Blizzard, since they are loosing alot of players due to the boredom on low populated servers.
    Im sure that casual players in generel not are willing to pay money, just to play on a "normal" server. I think Blizzard are acting irresponsible and careless for there customers that are "forced" to play on low populated servers. When you are building up characters on a realm, you more or less desides a "main realm".
    I doubt they worry about WoW's long term profitability. They probably have their long term hopes on Titan. WoW is to be milked as long as possible and as much as possible.
    Last edited by Underwolf; 2013-05-16 at 02:47 PM.

To be honest, im shocked that Blizzard wont do anything about. Not even share ideas or tell us that something will come SOON.

Im tierd of reading blue posts after blue post saying they are looking at it and working on it. They have said that for so long now.

My main and all of my alts with maxed proffesions is on one realm and this one is rather dead. Except my guild that does 10 man, its pretty dead.

My only horde character is on Kazzak EU and stuff is going on there all the time. I am having a blast there. Joining groups for all kinds of activites.

So sad when I log my main.. Nothing going on.

It would cost me way to much to bring my main and alts to another realm.. :/
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

I think it's on Blizzard's radar and they're intending to address it, but it's not a simple solution. For a lot of players, though, I imagine any fix will come too late.

There is much more incentive for Blizz to keep people happy on their servers than to try and make them miserable enough to the point that they'll pay to move. If fixing everything were as simple as snapping their fingers, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    To be honest, im shocked that Blizzard wont do anything about. Not even share ideas or tell us that something will come SOON.

Im tierd of reading blue posts after blue post saying they are looking at it and working on it. They have said that for so long now.

My main and all of my alts with maxed proffesions is on one realm and this one is rather dead. Except my guild that does 10 man, its pretty dead.
    Despite my optimism, I know that feel, bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    So am i, so am i... I hate these Ghost town realm that i so happen to be stuck in...

I started playing during classic and from classic to Wotlk my home realm was very active and good. It was not before the wotlk time I really started to invest in alts and get many proffesions to max. Late wotlk the server started to die out and now its not that much left.....

I know alot of people and guilds that migrated from my realm and ALL of them went to servers that was already high/full.

it ends up with a a few jam packed servers and the rest is low/mid or total dead.

If my guild dies out(summer coming, anything can happen then to a guild), im going to quit wow and maybe pick it up again when a new xpac. No chance in hell im going to pay Blizzard for something they caused and is spending to long to fix.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakbloodfeather View Post
    I just hope Blizzard wakes up and finds a solution to merge low populated servers into a new medium/high populated server...

I first posted up this thread 5 years ago... then i paid xfer off a dead realm.

In 5 years Blizzard have done ZERO to address this issue, so my money is on they wont do jack for the next 5 years. Therefore your ONLY option is to pay up or stay on your dead realm.

I like my low pop server... but I find it interesting that Blizz has decided that CRZ sucks for gathering professions. Everyone bitched about node stealing by 'off server dudes' so they decided to make all Pandaria farmable with 1 point in a gathering profession.

So which is it, Blizz - you want folks competing and making the world feel full of peeps - or you want people to go off to Pandaria on their dead servers and farm unharrassed.

I do think though, that tying the AH to the CRZ would be the best thing ever. I remember way back in the day, that they didn't have the tech to create multiple AHs - you were stuck with TB and IF only. Then that exploded. I'm sure given incentive and time, they'll do the right thing.

Tying all AHs together... what an epic lovely thing. All the things, everywhere, finally available!