Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a forum like arena junkies for PvE?

Where skilled people discuss?

Everywhere I go is the same, a crowd of casuals defending LFR and calling raiders elitists

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post

Everywhere I go is the same, a crowd of casuals defending LFR and calling raiders elitists

Ironically, the best place I see for people who seem to know their shit is .....

http://elitistjerks.com/

Yep, elitistjerks.com is the best place for theorycrafting when it comes to PvE.

Well, judging by that statement, they would be right in the elitist part, wouldn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    Ironically, the best place I see for people who seem to know their shit is .....

http://elitistjerks.com/
    Really?

EJ is a theorycrafting site, not where you go to complain about filthy casuals getting set bonuses in LFR. You will be banned in no time if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

Deleted
    Arena Junkies must really have improved since I went there last time. Unless discuss means dramatize the new wintrade/banned team, and bitch about everything else with 1 well done (though probably badly written) post between 10000 lols and noob.

Anyways, try to discuss it here, for example. If you start the post in an intelligent way, you will probably get according answers.

I don't know what Arena Junkies you've been to but it's just a flamefest where everyone hates each other. Besides it's completely dead.

Are you sure it's the kind of forum you're looking for?

EJ is basically dead, so MMO is all you got.

If you stay out of general discussion, this site is pretty decent for quality discussion. The class forums are pretty good. Maintankadin is also decent for strategy threads, but a lot less active.

But no, there's never been a PvE-centered forum that excluded people based on progression/skill

MMO-C is the best site now. The WoW US D&R is too unmoderated and cluttered by LFR threads. Stuff like 10v25 is allowed there as long as its game-related, but on a fansite we can put stricter restrictions on what topics can be discussed.

For the most part though, I don't see a whole lot of the bleeding edge post here. Most of it is via their streams where they do Q&A. There's potential monetary value in providing help on their streams rather than the forums. I see a lot of good help on the encounter specific threads on R&D however, but I can say the Mage forum is a bit lacking. I'll see top Mages congregating in the chatrooms of major streams but not on forums. Still though, the MMO-C Mage forum is the best resource we have right now for our class. I've just had to take to streams to learn some additional tricks here and there.

EJ as a 25 man guild is still progressing, but yeah their site died off =(
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-05-16 at 10:38 PM.

For Feral Druids, http://fluiddruid.net/forum/index.php]Fluid Druid >>> Elitist Jerks. Excellent info continually updated by a friendly, helpful community.

Go to your class forums (here on MMO), and figure out which players actually know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    Elitistjerks is exactly like AJ! It was previously a great resource that has since fallen into disuse and is mostly out of date or incomplete.
    QFT. Both are pretty shit now. Most of the stuff there is out of date; such a waste of potential. I've actually turned to using Mmo-C's own guides more than other sites atm - Not that they're bad, just previously never 'needed' them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    EJ is basically dead, so MMO is all you got.
    That's what I thought. That place has been minimally updated except to post "Look what we killed!" screenies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best theory crafters from EJ have left the game, sad but true.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

That and for the moment at least I personally would expect less and less "guides" and more and more "discussion" for the time being, meaning to truly get good information you would need to read through discussions and sift out which ideas are correct and incorrect, in a way participating in a bit of TC of your own.

Thing with EJ is they have gone too soft, which has lead to lots of idiots posting heaps of useless shit now without repercusion. I had a mod tell me a rotation macro was ok and well inside the rules the other day.

MMOC is probably the best site at the moment. It's pretty rare but there are some good discussions on heroic bosses once you wade past everyone's opinion on LFR and "help N Horridon w/ logs"

Deleted
    Someone cleared Dragon Soul and already aims to insult half the playerbase. Good on you, Billy Boy.

But, to be honest, can someone make up some site that appeals to these people? Honestly, no amount of "bads" or "casuals" could harm this game's community more than all these people that do no more than to insult others and spill hatred and vitriol into the forums.

Plus, if you're THAT good why the heck you need a forum for? Even if X forum has "bads" posting in it you surely are good enough to filter them out and recognize what's worthwhile, no?

EJ is dead? That's sad.

But yes, EJ used to be for theorycrafters, ie "elitists" (thus the name). And they were heavily policed, unless you were contributing some actual theorycrafting with decent insights you shouldn't be posting there!

MMO champ or the official forums might be better if you just want casual discussion of the game. Also sites like Noxxic give you a really quick breakdown of the important pieces of info - it's not 100% accurate but it's mostly fine if you don't want to trawl through theorycrafting threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.