Page 26 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    I haven't been having any real problems with mana, and yes our team is using all of our CDs to their full potential. We have two hymns (shadow priest as well) and a mana tide. My trinkets are proc'ing correctly and I just got the meta (love it btw). I made the gem change it recommended for now to see what I get out of it. But I have stacks of my old gems ready to change back during Lei Shen if it turns out to be a mistake. We raid monday and we'll just have to see if the 2.2k spirit helps
    It might not be initially worth it, but once you get used to the extra ~1500 mp5 you've got, it should be much easier to handle things that would otherwise have felt very awkward, that's been my experience with this kind of thing at least.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADve/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vlr10yp47wyc0juy/ (only Jin rock and Horridon)

What I am looking for is basically tips on how I did do and what I can improve, since I am in the process of rereolling. So any tips and pointers are greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Armory: link2
    Logs: link1 (only Jin rock and Horridon)

What I am looking for is basically tips on how I did do and what I can improve, since I am in the process of rereolling. So any tips and pointers are greatly appreciated.
    I would switch to Glyph of Divine Plea. I find it much easier to find 5 seconds of time then having to deal with the damn debuff.
    Create a weak aura or huge holy shock button to increase your usage. You have the 4piece but your shocking like your doing an almost perfect rotation without the 4piece. You can even add a sound/visual alert if you need to train yourself.

And you seem to dislike Holy Radiance and prefer to go for the Eternal Flame or Holy Light. I have almost completely dropped most holy light casts and replaced a lot of it wit holy radiance casting. Now i know your not there yet gearwise and spirit amount but it's something to look for when you get a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsilon View Post
    I would switch to Glyph of Divine Plea. I find it much easier to find 5 seconds of time then having to deal with the damn debuff.
    Create a weak aura or huge holy shock button to increase your usage. You have the 4piece but your shocking like your doing an almost perfect rotation without the 4piece. You can even add a sound/visual alert if you need to train yourself.

And you seem to dislike Holy Radiance and prefer to go for the Eternal Flame or Holy Light. I have almost completely dropped most holy light casts and replaced a lot of it wit holy radiance casting. Now i know your not there yet gearwise and spirit amount but it's something to look for when you get a bit more.

The divine plea glyph is completely preference. I have never and will probably never use it. I find plenty of low damage periods where the 50% healing loss is not an issue and will take that over having to stop everything to cast for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The divine plea glyph is completely preference. I have never and will probably never use it. I find plenty of low damage periods where the 50% healing loss is not an issue and will take that over having to stop everything to cast for 5 seconds.
    Where as I personally slapped that glyph on the second I saw it, as I find it easier to get other healers to cover me for 4 seconds, than to take the MS debuff, entirely preference

Deleted
    Have you ever checked how many spells you used during the 9(sorry mixed it up 12% and 9s not the other way around) seconds? Like open up a log browser on world of logs. Select all the casts you do and check. When i went over my logs i noticed that i was casting heals and enough of them to almost waste the mana i just got from using divine plea. For me it feels like there are far more 5 second periods to cast it then there are 12 second periods of little healing required. Especially in ToT with all those hard hitting abilities on tanks.

I'm not saying your wrong but i tend to find the reasoning interesting behind choices like these.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2013-05-17 at 02:29 AM. Reason: mixed up 9 and 12

I'm not saying your wrong but i tend to find the reasoning interesting behind choices like these.
    Divine Plea is only 9 seconds, not 12.

Again, it's personal preference. You say casting spells while plea is up is wasteful, but I can say that doing absolutely nothing for 4 seconds is also wasteful.

You also have to consider that glyphing it takes up a major glyph slot which can be fairly valuable imo (especially when you need to glyph Divine Protection)

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever checked how many spells you used during the 12 seconds? Like open up a log browser on world of logs. Select all the casts you do and check. When i went over my logs i noticed that i was casting heals and enough of them to almost waste the mana i just got from using divine plea. For me it feels like there are far more 5 second periods to cast it then there are 12 second periods of little healing required. Especially in ToT with all those hard hitting abilities on tanks.

I'd rather use Divine Plea and cast lightly for 9 seconds during a low damage phase over of standing in the same spot for 5 seconds(we aren't stacking haste, it will be closer to 5 seconds than 4). There are too many fights where you will go through long periods where you will not be able to stop and cast it, and you should be using it very close to on cooldown and this glyph will make it so you can't a lot of the time. Also many times the low periods of damage when you want to use divine plea fall into periods of movement. I find the glyph useless and considering I see more paladins not use it than use it, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. As I said in my original post, it is preference. Just don't pass it off as a mandatory glyph because it very much is not.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-16 at 05:59 PM.

I'd rather use Divine Plea and cast lightly for 9 seconds during a low damage phase over of standing in the same spot for 5 seconds(we aren't stacking haste, it will be closer to 5 seconds than 4).
    The cast is around 4.1 seconds, without the haste buff mine is 4.3 and depending on my gear level its been clipping the 4.1-4.2 range (4.58% haste from gear)
    Also you can game it by using Divine Illumination, Bloodlust or Guardian to significantly shorten the cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    The cast is around 4.1 seconds, without the haste buff mine is 4.3 and depending on my gear level its been clipping the 4.1-4.2 range (4.58% haste from gear)
    Also you can game it by using Divine Illumination, Bloodlust or Guardian to significantly shorten the cast
    Not going to waste 3-5 seconds of DI, BL, or Guardian on casting a non healing spell. That is just horrible play imo.

Not going to waste 3-5 seconds of DI, BL, or Guardian on casting a non healing spell. That is just horrible play imo.
    You don't know how to game these spells do you? By gaming you cast a long cast spell, IE Divine Plea, Hymn of Hope, Evocation you can gain the full hasted effect for several seconds beyond the effect's end

You don't know how to game these spells do you? By gaming you cast a long cast spell, IE Divine Plea, Hymn of Hope, Evocation you can gain the full hasted effect for several seconds beyond the effect's end
    I still think Freia has a point. If you just used Hero/Bloodlust, DI, or GoAK isn't it likely you *need* to be healing, not standing still for 3-4 seconds? I just generally think there are more restrictions when using the glyph than when not using it. Obviously it's not a "game changer" either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am going to use the full duration to heal during that time not attempt to "game"(never heard it called this btw) to lower a cast time of an ability I don't find beneficial to glyph to cast in the first place. And having to then plan your divine plea usage around these cooldowns then just puts more restrictions on when you can use it just like movement does. And Hymn of Hope + Divine Plea are not comparable. HoH actually benefits from the haste level by getting more tics, divine plea does not.

What glyph aren't you taking in order to glyph DP? I rotate Beacon, Divinity, Divine Protection with PotI always slotted. I'm not giving up any of those for an ability I usually use when I'm running around and can't heal much anyway (Downdraft comes to mind).

I don't run DProt, but on occasions I've taken out Divinity for it

I don't run DProt, but on occasions I've taken out Divinity for it
    You should. Dire Call is physical, Quake Stomp is physical, Ji-kun Quills is physical...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    You should. Dire Call is physical, Quake Stomp is physical, Ji-kun Quills is physical...
    Yeah those kind of things are exactly what I pull it out for, although I keep it unglyphed on Ji-kun for soaking since our raid is full of idiots who end up dying to it

Purity for puddle soaking, DP for Quills.

Deleted
    Oke thanks for the replies. And sorry for the typo 12% and 9s mixup. Quite interesting. I only run 10mans with a disc priest so i usually end up being being the burst healer. At least it feels that way to me. So right after the divine plea cast i start casting again and if i have to touch the holy radiance or divine light button during the debuff it just makes me cry inside.

And depending on the fight i run Divine Plea / Protector of the innocent and then i swap between Beacon / Divine Protection / Divinity. I am finding myself using less and less beacon glyph. So far i find it not super useful in tot. Now i don't raid that hardcore anymore but i keep up with theory and love to min/max and read my own logs to see how much i sucked :P Maybe some more divinity for me.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if I could get your help with a couple of questions.

I'm raiding 10man with a rather small guild and all of us are rather unskilled, untalented, non willing to get better and get frustrated that we don't raid very successfully but the spirits are always sky high. Its more of a social rather than a raiding guild and because of that its IMMORTAL. It will never die, people never QQ quit etc.

I am definitely looking to improve my heals and I've been reading the thread to get ideas and it has definitely helped. I wasn't even aware of how strong the mastery build with EF was till 3 weeks ago. What really makes (or made ) the build work is Crusader Strike. Although I never really had any mana issues now with the excessive usage of Crusader I do have problems on longer fights nevertheless I think I've found the balance between the fights and my gear.

I'm quite low geared (ilvl498) and to be honest I don't really bother with LFR. No matter how committed I am (as you can probably guess not so much ) I just can't handle lfrs. I honestly don't care about gear though because I know there is always room for improvement.

Oh yeah did I say we are still raiding normal? Guilds like that exist guys All kidding aside we are stuck at Megaera. Tortos, even though we killed him fast initially, after the first few kills it has been getting harder and harder for us to get a kill. 54 wipes in 10man normal. And some think we are decent... LUL

Anyways don't let me bore with you details. I have 2 questions.

1) I don't understand why Glyph of Illumination is not good enough. It has been my tormenting ever since MoP was released. I've been using the glyph excessively to test its worth using and I just can't find the reasons why its not good enough. I am most likely missing something out of the equation I just don't know what. I've been looking at Skada reports for all boss fights and I can see that the mana gained from Glyph of Illumination is most certainly a lot higher than 10% of what is lost from Seal of Insight. In all the bosses I try to melee as much as I can. Without a doubt Seal is insanely strong and without that mana gained I wouldn't be able to cope but at the same time I still require and need more and I pressume the glyph of Illumiation from what I've been reading is a mana loss and I struggle to understand how. Obviously for fights like Jin'rokh the glyph is stronger but let that boss aside lets take examples of bosses that you can melee 80%+ of the time, still Glyph of Illumination seems to be stronger than then 10% loss

2) Now that 5.3 is imminent and mastery has been nerfed a bit will the EF playstyle survive? Will it be good enough? To be honest with you I'm not even sure if its good enough for our 10man normal raiding. Our guild and especially us healer tend to heal as we go and even if we say 'Lets assign targets' we all heal all around. Most of the times I'm expected to keep the tanks alive which is fine but at the same time it defeats the purpose of EF build. I am not even sure if I'm seeing better number with EF build. Even if I am though I don't know how effective I am respectively.

I do apologize that I have no wol logs to show which would have definitely been way more effective for your experienced eyes to see and judge and in the end show me the way to heal better.

If that means anything to you, I had a few skada reports from Tortos last week and was seeing that my EF overheals roughly for about 30-35%...Is that too high?

Thanks a lot for your time in advance.

Cheers