Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yelling at complaining warriors.

Those threads are like train wrecks... I know I should just walk away, but I can't leave those blatantly false comments/opinions presented as fact remain unquestioned.
    You just caught my essence right there.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    ok thanks so far. So my call for "don't shard it just give it to me I might use it" was not that bad yesterday (feather).

on a completely unrelated side note as well, has anyone see any shield of any boss ever drop this tier so far (ignoring lei shen, since we still haven't killed him yet)?
    I've seen the tortos shield drop twice. I got it the first time as our hpala passed it to me. Was far bigger upgrade for me. Also seen another shield, can't remember which boss, but from some of the bosses in the middle drop, but sharded that as I already had the tortos shield.

ok thanks so far. So my call for "don't shard it just give it to me I might use it" was not that bad yesterday (feather).

on a completely unrelated side note as well, has anyone see any shield of any boss ever drop this tier so far (ignoring lei shen, since we still haven't killed him yet)?

I have seen spirit kings tank shield ONCE in LFR (but it is crap compared to the boe one)
    I have seen tortos shield ONCE in LFR (not me personally, but a shaman I was grouped with from my guild that time)(yes I know it's a heal shield)

I have not seen spirit kings shield drop normal. I have not seen tortos shield normal once. I have not seen primordius shield once in either difficulty.
    I haven't even seen a 463 shield drop in any 5 man heroic, not tank, not heal.

I'm still running with that BoE 476 world drop shield. If I would not have invested in this on the AH, I would still have that blue craft shield.

I'm starting to believe that shields don't exist this expansion.
    Yes, sharding the feather would have been a terrible, terrible thing to do.

Tortos shield is technically BiS for haste stacking (since Primo and LS are avoid/mast), but I personally don't use int stuff. If it drops, it's a HUGE ilvl ups for you, def take it.

Primo and LS shield are basically the same stat banks with very minor differences; either is acceptable and equally lackluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I am extremely pissed at my loot luck aswell this tier. I have been gone for a major part of the tier. But I got something like 58+- boss kill last time I checked.
    During those 58 boss kills I have gotten 3 drops that I actually want. Gotten some other drops, but that has been like "Oh great, I got the worst itemized x in the entire raid but I have to take them due to itemlevel".

2 of those 3 drops also came from coins. Which is hillarious. So in reality, 1 drop that I actually wanted from over 60 boss kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Primordius trinket is crap. Avoid it.
    Still don't get why it's crap. It has around 600 haste after reforge, and the buff has high uptime (around 55% for at least 1 stack for me, usually having around 2-3 stacks, which is ~3.3k-5k str after raidbuffs, that converts to ~3.5-5% parry).

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

I'm starting to believe that shields don't exist this expansion.
    I saw a shield from Lei Shen for the first time 2 weeks ago. And then we had 2x shields dropping from Primordius next reset with one of them being TF. So, 3 shields over 10 resets.
    That's 25man for you.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong at all with the primordius trinket. The biggest issue I got with it, is that it simply does not fit that well into the current tier. Reaching expertise hard cap is not 'automatic'. Still, nothing wrong with it. Just would not be my nr1 choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Nothing wrong at all with the primordius trinket. The biggest issue I got with it, is that it simply does not fit that well into the current tier. Reaching expertise hard cap is not 'automatic'. Still, nothing wrong with it. Just would not be my nr1 choice.
    Well, spark doesnt want to drop for me (or it's all those bloody rets/dks who take it when I'm low on dkp), so I'm trying to compare whether LSFO (489 version, non-upgraded) or Primoridius' one is better. Personally, don't feel much of a difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Well, spark doesnt want to drop for me (or it's all those bloody rets/dks who take it when I'm low on dkp), so I'm trying to compare whether LSFO (489 version, non-upgraded) or Primoridius' one is better. Personally, don't feel much of a difference.
    I had a lot of luck with some ret items though (these two trinkets, durumu legs, a weapon (even if it's the crit one from tortos, but 528 is 528), the bracers, some shoulders (the tortos ones with crit - again - and haste)), because our dk - the only other str plate wearer - was on vacation in Egypt for the last 4 weeks^^

but then again, we have disenchanted our fourth primordius-dodge/parry-mace this ID. this crap dropped every time since our first kill (which was four weeks ago, who would have guessed it). yeah, rng, yeah, 10-man loot issues, yeah, we aren't pretty hardcore progress, but still. quite annoying. we also have close to no cloth dps drops. on the other side, we can open shops with the amount of leather-agi and mail-anything gear we get. it's pretty damn annoying.

Deleted
    Got the heroic tortos shield last night, got loled at by my guildies for taking an int shield but I don't care. MOAR HASTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Still don't get why it's crap. It has around 600 haste after reforge, and the buff has high uptime (around 55% for at least 1 stack for me, usually having around 2-3 stacks, which is ~3.3k-5k str after raidbuffs, that converts to ~3.5-5% parry).
    Perhaps crap was a strong word. It's certainly better than the DA trinket. THAT is crap. What I mean is, given the other DPS options, it's one of the worst. Crit is meh; it's better than dodge/parry, but it's nothing to write home about. The stacks are certainly the best part about the trinket, but the passive stat being so underwhelming makes it far less valued (to me, anyway) than Spark (haste) or Feather (hit), or SPA (expertise). Even mastery is preferred, but there are no mastery DPS trinkets (though, I'd probably use Fort of Zand over Primo trinket, just due to it's awesome on-use).

So, in essence, I'd call the Primo trinket "meh", not "crap".

Or, this. FWIW I'd take it over the Twins trinket at least.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

I would love to use Spark + Feather (if spark ever dropped for us), but how do you guys hit exp cap w/o SPA?

I have the majority of my gear already reforged to Exp and I'm using Wicked gems in nearly all red slots (exp/haste). I suppose if I swapped to pure Exp gems, I might get close to 15%, but I feel like I'm stuck using SPA forever.

You don't need to be exp capped, thats usually how most of them do it

Most of my reforges go to Exp, but I use mostly Quick gems, with just a few Wickeds to get socket bonuses. Human + IQ sword helps, I guess.

Also, you don't NEED to cap expertise, 7.5 is "enough", more than that is considered preference. Though, personally, I sit at 14.8% because I prefer it.
    20k and counting...

"@Ghostcrawler: Going to try Vengeance cap at 30% health (down from 100%) in 10s and 50% of health in 25s. This is a big change, so might be 5.4, not 5.3."

Fucking called it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Thing is, that is still insane vengeance numbers 30% of like 800k health is still 240k vengeance. That is higher than what we are seeing on a lot of fights now in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, that is still insane vengeance numbers 30% of like 800k health is still 240k vengeance. That is higher than what we are seeing on a lot of fights now in 5.2
    I qq'ed to myself at first, before I realized 30% of my 550k health is still 165k AP, which is a ton. I think. Guessing this change is to discourage standing in decapitate or solo tanking when it was designed with 2 tanks in mind.

Deleted
    I will still solo tank
    Thing is, in next tier you are probably gonna have more HP, and in this tier, on most fights, you are not even near vengeance capping anyway.

This will more reduce the extremes, but solo tanking will still be very viable since it is not like you are automatically vengeance capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I qq'ed to myself at first, before I realized 30% of my 550k health is still 165k AP, which is a ton. I think. Guessing this change is to discourage standing in decapitate or solo tanking when it was designed with 2 tanks in mind.
    I know. First thing I thought (since I suggested 20% as a better target) was "damn, that's still 200k+ AP". Outside of 1-tanking HC Horridon+Jalak, 1-tanking HC IQ final phase, 1-tanking Ra-Den, or abusing shit like Decap, this has about no net change. And I'll still 1-tank those things.

This DOES increase the benefits of STR trinkets, as they will now be the only way to push through the new Veng ceiling. Yay for HC Spark+HC Feather
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Standing in Decapitate gives next to zero Vengeance because it is calculated as a 60 second swing.

I think the most vengeance I've ever had has been either when I solo-tanked the last phase of Lei Shen 25 or when I solo-tank the trash in front of Iron Qon (~500k or so).

Deleted
    The nerf will be unnoticeable for most fights.

Given, I rarely solo tank, but on Horridon HC (2 tanks) the most I got was like.. 150k vengeance, I think? This "nerf" would cap my vengeance at like 190k or so.