Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    First thread on the General Forums capped, created a continuation.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8756445604#1

I can no longer push the topic; my subscription time ran out.

I'm from the EU so I can't do anything, but I wish Blizzard would just go ahead and say "we'll do it whenever we're done with the other races/have time to." instead of remaining silent about it. They know they screwed up but they still do nothing about it. If just they confirm they're going to work on the alpha options for worgen in the foreseeable future, then we can all put it to rest and stop creating multiple threads, but they don't. It's like they don't acknowledge the big issue.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Just fix the epic retard snarlface and I'm happy with both genders of worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=Alpha+worgen

This has already been talked to death about.

Btw the current model looks fine. Fixing ones like the human model are a much much higher priority.
    The current model does not look fine with its detached gums, teeth stabbing through the mouth, elbows that bend 90 degrees....backwards....the unhinging jaw...and on and on.

Graphically it looks better than Classic, but animation wise, it's actually worse than Classic models in some ways.

Now, would I want the female worgen to be updated in priority over the others? Absolutely not.

I want the next expansion to feature updated character models for all Classic races.
    I want draenei and blood elves to be updated either as a feature for the expansion, or during the next expansion's patch cycle.
    THEN I want worgen females to be on the table for a review to include the alpha models brought up to par.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I'm from the EU so I can't do anything, but I wish Blizzard would just go ahead and say "we'll do it whenever we're done with the other races/have time to." instead of remaining silent about it. They know they screwed up but they still do nothing about it. If just they confirm they're going to work on the alpha options for worgen in the foreseeable future, then we can all put it to rest and stop creating multiple threads, but they don't. It's like they don't acknowledge the big issue.
    Yeah...I would think that seven capped threads on the topic would be worth replying to, even if it's just to say "We'll look into it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Definetly. The alpha one, actually looks like an Wolf...

Yeah...I would think that seven capped threads on the topic would be worth replying to, even if it's just to say "We'll look into it."
    It took more capped threads than that regarding the Appearance Tab, 7 capped (many with post cap repeatedly removed) just after the new forums went live, not including the abundance on the old forums, before a blue post even commented on them.

And they only commented to keep stirring up conversation in the months leading up to announcing Transmog. They knew transmog was coming, so then they encouraged discussion with a few posts (and active moderation of the threads).

With as much discussion and the plan to update the Classic & BC races, I'm sure the discussion of bringing goblins and worgen up a small bit to pandaren detail is probably going to develop in Blizz HQ.

I'd say the chance of a worgen/goblin update are likely, but far down the road before they do it. Unless they get the classic/bc out and the response is heavily positive and they find themselves with enough resources to hit the Cata models (since honestly I think goblins and male worgen wouldn't take as much time as the rest).

PLUS, add in the fact that Blizzard has admitted they made a mistake changing the female worgen model late into the game. It's why they said they were happy with the design and sticking to their guns on the pandaren female.

I also think the recent "we considered ogres but couldn't figure out what females should look like" comment was a tongue in cheek reference to the "worgen debacle."
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-05-01 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Give it a rest.
    That is all.
    It's not going to change, i don't see why all the threads over and over about it. I don't understand the obsession with a model that will never come to be.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It's not going to change, i don't see why all the threads over and over about it. I don't understand the obsession with a model that will never come to be.
    Oh how often this has been said about so many things that did change.....

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, there were a couple alpha models as they fiddled with it. Some of them I liked, some of them I didn't.

I'm happy with the way males went live but not females. My criticisms are similar to others; snout too long, and the eyes are too "disney." But, to be fair, there are a lot of race/gender combinations I don't like, so I just don't play them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Oh how often this has been said about so many things that did change.....
    They won't change a whole races model to an alpha verison no matter how much you beg for it. Worgen and goblin arn't getting redone in the model changes. They won't push alpha worgen on worgen players, it's not like they're in need of a graphic update just because and we don't know the full reason for them not choosing the alpha verison but im sure there is a big reason for it. Yes things have changed before but not live character models and its been 8 years.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno to me alpha looks like something from N64...bit too polygon-y especially holding weapons the head is disproportionate to body...just looks bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i dunno to me alpha looks like something from N64...bit too polygon-y especially holding weapons the head is disproportionate to body...just looks bad.
    Exaggerate much?

Alpha females are no worse for badly-shaped polygons than night elves. While one might argue that a 2010 model ought to be better than a 2004 one, let's not forget exactly what she was. She was the beginning iteration for female worgen. Logically, you start with a lower-quality model and refine it. Alpha simply did not get that chance. And her "replacement" is a high-texture, high-polygon trainwreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    They won't change a whole races model to an alpha verison no matter how much you beg for it. Worgen and goblin arn't getting redone in the model changes. They won't push alpha worgen on worgen players, it's not like they're in need of a graphic update just because and we don't know the full reason for them not choosing the alpha verison but im sure there is a big reason for it. Yes things have changed before but not live character models and its been 8 years.
    Point me to another model that's as bugged and overall bad craftsmanship as the live female worgen.
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2013-05-02 at 12:56 AM.

Exaggerate much?

Alpha females are no worse for badly-shaped polygons than night elves. While one might argue that a 2010 model ought to be better than a 2004 one, let's not forget exactly what she was. She was the beginning iteration for female worgen. Logically, you start with a lower-quality model and refine it. Alpha simply did not get that chance. And her "replacement" is a high-texture, high-polygon trainwreck.

Point me to another model that's as bugged and overall bad craftsmanship as the live female worgen.

Plus what people are failing to notice as that no one is asking to have the current spaz-worg model removed in favor of the alpha model. We're merely asking for it to be an option. There are nothing but pros to this story so I don't see why most of you have to be so dismissive.

It's like your mother giving you a lolly and then going into a hissy-fit over your twin/little/big brother also asking your mother to buy a lolly for him. It's simply silly.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If I remember right, there were a couple alpha models as they fiddled with it. Some of them I liked, some of them I didn't.

I'm happy with the way males went live but not females. My criticisms are similar to others; snout too long, and the eyes are too "disney." But, to be fair, there are a lot of race/gender combinations I don't like, so I just don't play them.
    Broadly speaking, there were two "builds" of the alpha female model.

1. The first official preview: http://www.wowpedia.org/images/0/03/FWPlate.jpg

2. The version datamined during Cata alpha (hence the name): http://i.imgur.com/aBFobRr.jpg

The reason why these threads keep appearing, and why this isn't just a case of "don't like it, don't play it", is that the alpha model currently exists and was officially previewed yet is not playable. That's not the case for other models you may not like.

It's an interesting factoid that the current model was never officially previewed prior to release. It never appeared at Blizzcon (even the one just weeks before Cata's launch), and did not appear on the official site until well after the launch of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2013-05-02 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, for sure, not sure why anyone voted no, why everyone likes the current female worgen model I have no clue...

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 06:10 PM ----------

To add something, found this art people made, if they wanted to make them look like wolves, this is an option:

Observe that the eyes and the snarl are what make the entire difference.

But if they want to keep them similar to current models, yet still ferocious and snarly:

As a bonus this is not that different from current model, the mouth/nose is pushed forward and the eyes are made smaller, but you can tell it's still a worgen female yet it looks 100% better.

10+ Year Old Account
    In response to Snowraven (because my phone fails at quotes);
    As I recall, those were intended to prove that the face that works for the males would work on females. While it would be an improvement, I'd like to see a middle ground between ferocity (clearly evident there) and the slightly more docile-looking alpha face.

Also, the extra fur on the first one...it does an amazing job of hiding her neck, which I very much like.
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2013-05-02 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    In response to Snowraven (because my phone fails at quotes);
    As I recall, those were intended to prove that the face that works for the males would work on females. While it would be an improvement, I'd like to see a middle ground between ferocity (clearly evident there) and the slightly more docile-looking alpha face.

Also, the extra fur on the first one...it does an amazing job of hiding her neck, which I very much like.
    True, a middle ground would be nice, maybe one face like the first, one like the second, and one similar to the white worgen in the other thread's OP and keeping one as current face for people that liked it?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...res-as-Options!!!

As a comment, that would be 3 faces more then current worgen have, as currently they only have 1 face, same as pandaren females. And it would give everyone one to like. A vicious one, a semi-vicious one, a more relaxed wolf-like one and the chihuaua.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have returned from my break, but I'm about out of things to bump the thread with.

For the thousandth time no. If you don't like the artistic direction with the live model then too bad so sad. If Blizzard wanted to change that they would create a new model that's properly polished not use that shitty placeholder model you're so obsessed with.

Sigh, when will these damn threads die?

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Definitely. And since I got the model viewer to display them again, I'll post some more comparisons.

Here we have the live model, complete with bugs. In this case, she's stabbing herself in the head with her own shield.

Let's compare the exact same pose on the alpha model:

Seriously, how much better does that look?
    The alpha model looks really ugly and unpolished there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    For the thousandth time no. If you don't like the artistic direction with the live model then too bad so sad. If Blizzard wanted to change that they would create a new model that's properly polished not use that shitty placeholder model you're so obsessed with.

Sigh, when will these damn threads die?

The alpha model looks really ugly and unpolished there.
    Perhaps that's because the model was stopped being worked on in the early beta =O.

Also, opinion does prevail in personal taste on these matters, and while I commend Blizzard for trying to make Pandaren more variant than the past races, and soon to be released vanilla race model updates that will be critiqued to death, their decisions on the live worgen model were sketchy at best to a huge majority of the community.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.