Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    It really should have been like that.
    The son of Grom Hellscream had more potential than what is happending now

Plus I really do not like the idea of civil war, of Horde killing Horde
    I know, hate the horde killing horde part (the story in mop is great as in how its gone along and that we get rid of garry in the end)

I know for a fact Trassk dislikes whats happening with the horde tearing it self apart. I played horde as I liked what I saw in wc3. In wc1/2 we were straight up bad guys (although with a lot of humour) and wc3 it went more serious and showed the horde could be something else.

Garry if say we took him from TBC after thrall spoke to him could have gone in a number of directions. Instead he yo yo'd from emo to rage whore and it showed all throughout he was nothing more than a douche. Moment he took over I knew horde was in for trouble.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    You're still trying to teach a lesson, and avoiding what I'm talking about. Do you feel it's right to kill innocent, everyday individuals? Why would anyone want to side with such hatred?
    How else are you supposed to conquer? Kindly ask them to leave?

Most nations have or will emrak on coqneust. Even under Thrall, Durotar was built upon the bones of harpies, centuar, and mostly quillbor
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Horde saved the world tree from being humped by Archimonde, and Cenarius came back and is like "its cool bro" to the Horde in cata.
    Good lord, was so nervious when i heared of the return of cenarius.. i thought "that guy wants a word with us hord" ^^

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I know, hate the horde killing horde part (the story in mop is great as in how its gone along and that we get rid of garry in the end)
    Yes, from a story-wise and gameplay point its great
    But from idk, i guess a Horde/national pride, standpoint it sucks ass. Least for me
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The Horde saved the world tree from being humped by Archimonde, and Cenarius came back and is like "its cool bro" to the Horde in cata.
    That much is true, but the matter of Ashenvale/Azshara/Stonetalon deforestation and devastation is ongoing. Can't just say "you killed me but I'm alive so help me kill this fire dude and we're even" about that.

It's not bygones when a bunch of guys are in your yard wrecking and stealing your stuff. Blizzard even said themselves that orcs are going to be pushed back by the night elves now that the Horde is weakened and Hyjal is safe (although no money/time for rewriting Ashenvale the second time, so might not show up in the game for a long time).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Good lord, was so nervious when i heared of the return of cenarius.. i thought "that guy wants a word with us hord" ^^
    Cenarius probably forgets everything. Especially when it comes his precious World Tree being attacked again.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    That much is true, but the matter of Ashenvale/Azshara/Stonetalon deforestation and devastation is ongoing. Can't just say "you killed me but I'm alive so help me kill this fire dude and we're even" about that.
    Well back to the original point
    Diplomacy was hardly the easiest and most straight-forward solution to the Horde's supply problems

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How else are you supposed to conquer? Kindly ask them to leave?

Most nations have or will emrak on coqneust. Even under Thrall, Durotar was built upon the bones of harpies, centuar, and mostly quillbor
    I see diplomacy more than conquest, yet the world isn't so perfect after all. I still wont agree with you, that conquering is the correct method to survival.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see diplomacy more than conquest, yet the world isn't so perfect after all. I still wont agree with you, that conquering is the correct method to survival.
    well thats the thing with nations
    They tend to care more about their own people and not give a rats ass about other people, especially if those other people are long time enemies and rivals

Which is why I dont consider conquest in-itself as an "evil" thing

Deleted
    Well back to the original point
    Diplomacy was hardly the easiest and most straight-forward solution to the Horde's supply problems
    Somewhat sensible plan:

1. Back off a bit
    2. Get tauren to talk with nelfs instead of orcs
    3. Work it out with CC to help regrowing cut trees instead of full-on devastation
    4. Get your stuff

Garrosh's plan:

1. WAR!!!!!!
    2. Get your stuff
    3. Piss off everyone until you're no longer the top dog
    4. Die

But from idk, i guess a Horde/national pride, standpoint it sucks ass. Least for me
    Yeh same for me.

I am so eager to kill Garry now. He is the very thing I hate the most. He had potential in TBC when thrall visited him. Like the other sons of old horde heroes there was potential. Sadly he walked down his fathers road of went one step too far.

Deleted
    I agree It sucks that the horde faction is going to relive the aftermath of the second war to appease ailliance whiners about Cata.

It just feels like the Horde are destined to become raid bosses in this game while alliance characters get to become these awesome world saving heroes leading important factions like Dalaran, Argent Crusade, Cenarian Circle, etc.

Can you even name one Horde racial character besides Thrall who has led a neutral world saving faction? Anyone?

Somewhat sensible plan:

1. Back off a bit
    3. Work it out with CC to help regrowing cut trees instead of full-on devastation
    4. Get your stuff

Garrosh's plan:

1. WAR!!!!!!
    2. Get your stuff
    3. Piss off everyone until you're no longer the top dog
    4. Die
    Exactly, also the alliance were willing to send LUMBER over to Org prior to wrath. Imo Eastern Western plague lands now that they are almost entirely free of taint. You could re-grow the trees there as well as in silverpine and main area of laurderon. In the near future the horde could have a great deal of lumber harvested from that region if done right. Simply bully the alterac orgres into the horde to keep Alterac pass free of alliance filth (along with other groups who could ensure that pathway is sealed up tight) right there and then we got a win win for the horde.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 12:46 PM ----------

I agree It sucks that the horde faction is going to relive the aftermath of the second war to appease ailliance whiners about Cata.

It just feels like the Horde are destined to become raid bosses in this game while alliance characters get to become these awesome world saving heroes leading important factions like Dalaran, Argent Crusade, Cenarian Circle, etc.

Can you even name one Horde racial character besides Thrall who has led a neutral world saving faction? Anyone?
    Saurfang. Might of Kalimdor.

Deleted
    Saurfang. Might of Kalimdor.
    Didn't he have an alliance counterpart?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    well thats the thing with nations
    They tend to care more about their own people and not give a rats ass about other people, especially if those other people are long time enemies and rivals

Which is why I dont consider conquest in-itself as an "evil" thing
    Without diplomacy, a nation (not every single nation) will turn to conquest. To me, reaching out to this deed for survival is evil. Watching individuals who are neutral, innocent, get slaughtered and massacred in the streets... How am I suppose to accept that, or even side with the carnage, annihilation of my people, family and friends? I'm seeing Garrosh as an invader, and you're seeing him as your righteous king, who needs to pay for his crimes. He deserved better, he was given better, he took his privileges too far.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Back off a bit
    4. Get your stuff
    Back off a bit? It took months for Hamuel to even gain an audience
    How long would it have taken after they were killed again? Years?

Meanwhile the Horde situation was getting worse.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:54 AM ----------

Yeh same for me..
    same reasons.
    But the added reason for me, is that i freakin loved Hellscream in Cata, and to have your fav charcater become a villian and have to fight him is kinda distressing

Didn't he have an alliance counterpart?
    No he was THE commander of both forces.

I am a fan of Garrosh. I like him. The problem is he started alienating his allies and then essentially booting them from the Horde. I don't get that part. I'd like to blame it all on the Sha of Pride, there is nothing worse than an overly prideful man. He can't fail in his own eyes and so he goes to the extreme to prevent it.

This is the World of "WAR"craft, we are at war with the Alliance, so I don't really see why there was a problem when Pandaland launched. It's his corruption that has ruined him. I hope we just knock the sha out of him and he remains Warchief under the watchful eye of Thrall, V'J, etc. He will be humbled, but redeemed. I think he'll get knocked out of the sha, lay there, recover and see this Sha fighting his Horde, he'll see his Kor'Kron fighting his Horde and explain "Why are brothers fighting brothers!" and join the fight and deliver a decisive blow. After which, he'll be filled in on what has happened, and offer a semi-apology.

Before the expansion, when we were in this same situation of debating who should become new Warchief, I was pleased when he was selected. He wasn't my first choice, but I liked it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without diplomacy, a nation (not every single nation) will turn to conquest. To me, reaching out to this deed for survival is evil. .
    Yet the whole point of WoW is to kill things and then loot their poor corpses

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The problem is he started alienating his allies and then essentially booting them from the Horde. I don't get that part. I'd like to blame it all on the Sha of Pride, there is nothing worse than an overly prideful man. He can't fail in his own eyes and so he goes to the extreme to prevent it.
    Thats just Blizzard and their bullshit writing, if someone must make bad decisions, he must go full retard. No exceptions.

You are either flawless or mumbling waste of air.

Deleted
    Back off a bit? It took months for Hamuel to even gain an audience
    How long would it have taken after they were killed again? Years?

Meanwhile the Horde situation was getting worse.
    So instead of waiting months, Garrosh worked his magic, and... now it's the worst it's been since the Second War. The Horde is barely holding together as it is, and it turns out leading all-out war on all fronts, while simultaneously alienating your allies gets you many, many enemies.

Guess what - apparently the quick and easy way is, as usual, neither quick nor easy. Thrall took hardships slow, it wasn't perfect but it was working out. Garrosh gambled for the big payout, and lost.

Yes, it's orcish, it's (old) Horde-ish, and now he'll fall just like every warchief of the old Horde did.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2013-05-17 at 12:12 PM.