Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Between a bad and a lame choice I'd choose the lame. Garrosh crossed the line in MoP.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Garrosh killed Carine therefore I despise the bastard. I have never liked him, even In Northrend he was a hot head douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still respect Garrosh Hellscream.
    I hope he has a special weapon that blows all the rebellions away.

Because we all hate:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I don't really care for one side or the other. Garrosh is just written too badly to despise or to have any emotions for and the Darkspear.. i love trolls but i despise the traitor Vol'jin.
    I guess i stick with Sunwalker Dezco, he seems to be a decent guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    He uses his kids as personal armor. One kid dies that way, other was sold to pandarian child enslaving ring.

Typical paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Well as an Orc I would stick with the warchief no matter what, but it seems that won't be an option. Overall I think it's very dangerous to make a raid like this, I can imagine many horde players not being that comfortable with sacking their own city while they are at war?
    Well, Blizzard can bet on me quitting if they don't handle it very well. They basically ignore me as an Orc player. If they are smart, they try to find some sort of middle ground that everyone can relate to. Metzen has said we would get through this together, but I'm starting to doubt his words. And you're right, it IS dangerous to alienate a portion of your players.

I have to say that I don't think they are setting up Garrosh to be the big bad very well at all; I personally don't hate him as much as I apparently should at this point. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Only when he himself is taking part. He is more then willing to use schemes when someone else is being the "dishonorable" one that he can blame it on. Case in point, ordering the Kor'kron to assassinate Vol'jin.
    The "Vol'jin tried assassin" is a typical dictator act, eliminate an opposer in a silent and discrete way. But that has never been the typical "Garrosh way", it's much more the "Malkorok way", as we saw clearly in Tides of War. It's extremely easy to guess that Malkorok suggested to his Warchief that was the only way for handle the "Vol'jin problem", since while the other leaders could have been "watched" (always as he said in ToW) Vol'jin was the most vocal opposer, TOO vocal probably. And that dumbass of Garrosh did what he thought was the right thing to do just because a malicious Blackrock orc suggested that.

Which she used anyways and he has done nothing about. Seems kind of convenient that his enemies get to be turned to goo in Gilneas and Silverpine, and yet he gets to come out as the "honorable" one because he told her not to use it. Almost seems like he intentionally knew she would, but just was acting the part so that he could be "clean" of the wrongdoing.
    I think was quite impossibile to control her without dispensing a lot of troops with the sole unique purpose to make her fight "honorable"...no surprise if in the end Garrosh didn't care that much about what Sylvanas was doing, he doesn't give a fuck about human lives anyway, simply "dislike" the way the Forsaken conduct wars and enjoy to spit his despise in their face. Then what they do is their business, he doesn't have to show his face in the Eastern, so he probably doesn't care.

Ever notice how Krom'gar said that he was only doing as Garrosh commanded, only to be put on the spot and then dropped to his death before he could really further elaborate? Seems also rather convenient that he teleports in only after the event is done, and not to stop the event before it happens.
    This is, again, over-conjectured speculation. If this was all a complicated plot, Krom'gar would have acted in a different way, instead he acts as a particuraly bad orc that, boosted by Garrosh's prideful and strong words, abuses his position because he thinks that now the Horde is powerful and strong and can do absolutely all the mess he want. We can reasoning that, while disgusted by Krom'gar's behavior, (and most importantly by the fact that an ORC did that), Garrosh had a great responsibility about it, because his very way of lead the Horde caused a crap orc like Krom'gar to boost an arrogance and a convinction that the Horde was going to blow up the entire world just for show that they are badass.

I will give you that one, though it could be said he was more upset about the lost troops on the Horde rather then the fact Alliance blood was spilled.
    What are you saying, of course he doesn't give a fuck about Alliance lives, he was not even that troubled about the Horde ones too, what really made him upset was the fact that the Horde troops backstabbed the Alliance ones, just because that was a cowardice and dishonorable way to fight an opponent. This has always been the conception of "honor" for Garrosh, and he remained pretty steady with it....until Tides of War, when Malkorok shows up and is able to convince him that was time for more "effective" tactics for win the war.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-17 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Garrosh killed Carine therefore I despise the bastard. I have never liked him, even In Northrend he was a hot head douche.
    Yeah, thats the problem with how some people perceive Garrosh. And perhaps one of the problems behind his sudden twit of character.

You know one fact - Garrosh killed Carine. And everyone playing WoW knows it. That bastard! How could you kill this... chieftain! Doesn't matter that most people didn't have a slightiest idea who the guy was besides being "the main tauren guy", but whatever. This is the one fact the game provides you. Cairne is dead, Garrosh killed him.

And, when you look closely ("closely" by definition being "buy our piss poor books"), you realise that it was Cairne who was to blame for the whole situation. He was the one who arranged the whole duel. He was the one who did not held back after the stakes were rised. He was the one who decided to challange Garrosh basing on a false accusation - Cairne was pretty much fooled by Twilight Hammer. And well, even if the accusations were true, what would you expect from one of the most experianced and wisest characters in the lore, as well as the personal advisor of Garrosh? Challange him, so the Horde would be left in crumbling state should you succeed, of course!

But no, for the most people, Garrosh was the big meanie in this one. The playerbase is pretty like Cairne in this situation. They judge Garrosh basing on a false intel.

I don't consider grom hellscream a well made character (he was just a short sighted aggressive orc, typical), and garrosh was semi-decent during TBC.

When WotLK came garrosh became worse than his father (grom), he started making dumb and reckless decisions and was aggressive towards alliance when LK was still at full power.
    Since WotLK garrosh has been going from bad to miserably horrible, with his actions having little reason aside from "aggression and rage".

Honestly i never liked garrosh (or that "dumb+aggressive" type of character) and i am glad they will kill him off.

Horde had potential to be so much more than "garrosh", would be sad to see it wasted cause of dumb orcs and scheming forsaken/belves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    Garrosh has some of the worst writing I've ever seen and his actions make absolutely no sense. If he was pre-planned to be evil, Blizzard has done an awful job. In Burning Crusade, he was practically the opposite of what he is now. In Wrath, he was awesome. Cataclysm, he killed a general for being much like he, himself, is now and killing innocents.

He could have been an awesome rallying point for the entirety of the Horde but instead was written into a corner depicting him as a one-sided warmonger, his writing often contradicting himself or making absolutely no sense, even when taken in context, compared to previous actions.
    It feels to me that you're exaggerating. Yes, his personality changed over the expansions. They did and they changed a lot. But that's not a bad thing. And across all expansions he has always had one emotion present: Pride (Not at the very beginning of TBC, but he got there eventually). Garrosh has had some major developments from TBC to now, but in my opinion it has been consistent. (consistent as in, each time he changed it wasn't too drastic, it happened over time and felt reasonable for his character)
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-05-17 at 10:46 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

He is just another butchered character that WoW spits out, I hate the lore in this game all the characters are retarded.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He uses his kids as personal armor. One kid dies that way, other was sold to pandarian child enslaving ring.

Typical paladin.
    But..but... they died in glory !!! They died hero's deaths !!! And it was the enemy (mogu) who tasted Death and defeat as you know !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    The fact that people like a character is in no way a reason not to kill him ofcourse. It completely depends on how they handle it. atm it looks a little too much like "I'm a conflicted orc that does not want to make the same mistakes as my father. But the burden of leadership is taking it's toll" to "hurr, garrosh angry, garrosh smash" without anything in between.
    Garrosh is a character who has gone beyond the concepts of reasonable doubt. He hadn't crossed that line in cata.. kind of, but he was walking towards it without stopping to even question his actions, and it crossed over that line into full on villain mode without pause. Killing darkspears, corrupting orcs, attempted killing on minors, using bombs to slaugher thousends in a single move, dishonor and lies, he is worse then anything his father was, and yet people still want to believe he's just like grom.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    We wouldn't despise him so much if he was written better. I'm curious where we'd be if people had liked him as Warchief in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't really care for one side or the other. Garrosh is just written too badly to despise or to have any emotions for and the Darkspear.. i love trolls but i despise the traitor Vol'jin.
    hate to break it to you, but (SPOILERS, AARRGHH!!!) In the Dezco short story, he's said that he intends to stay in pandaria, for the obvious reason of what happens at the end of it. So we're not be seeing them involved with horde politics anytime soon.

... kind of like Saurfang...
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Ever notice how Krom'gar said that he was only doing as Garrosh commanded, only to be put on the spot and then dropped to his death before he could really further elaborate? Seems also rather convenient that he teleports in only after the event is done, and not to stop the event before it happens.
    I agree, Krom'gar feels like a scapegoat. I suspect Garrosh killed him only because it became more public and fingers were being pointed back to Garrosh. But since he wanted the job done he only shows up right after it happens, gives a speech on how disgusted he is, then murders Krom'gar before he can defend himself.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    clip
    Problem of course is the Rebels in Star Wars were the good guys, fighting an evil empire. Who was lead by a tyrant who seized power that was supposed to be temporary in times of emergency, and then abused them and declared it was all his power.

Honestly it fits really well. You supporting Garrosh, however, doesn't fit the evidence you just provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of peacenik carebears. I roll Undead so ultimately from a really lame RP viewpoint I should like Garrosh being taken down as it raises up Sylvanas. But I like Garrosh because he put the War back in War Chief. A game of peaceful coexistence is BORING!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    oh the things he coulda been.......

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:08 AM ----------

highly doubt Blizz will ever make faction-specific raids
    Its actually not that hard. same amount of bosses, exact same abilities, just one is orc and the other is human. Specially with them using old content backgrounds already ie orgrimmar, dragonblight.

Seriously isnt that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Its actually not that hard. same amount of bosses, exact same abilities, just one is orc and the other is human. Specially with them using old content backgrounds already ie orgrimmar, dragonblight.

Seriously isnt that hard.
    Already did that in 1 fight in ToC.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.