Poll: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yep, you can try and twist my words however you like, but the differance is that I play this game for enjoyment and not because the earning calls state the game gained players.
    I am not twisted anything that is what you wrote it would seem you are more bothered about the numbers than you care to let on.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I expect numbers to dwindle dramatically.
    By the end of Summer we'll probably be around the 5M mark.

Summer is coming, and no new content patch in sight, so this prediction is pretty much a no brainer.

It'll be interesting to see how many come back for 5.4 and 6.0.
    Pretty much this. I mean I stopped playing and I have been one of those players that comes back with new content before but I didnt come back for ToT and im sure not going to come back for a horde themed raid ( even though its to kill off garrosh or w/e ) cata made me sick of their lore and horde favoritism. I am interested in what 6.0 will be but not touching the game until then.

Annual sub and you get D3 for ps3/ps4 and guaranteed beta access for next xpac.... lul
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep except that I also stated that I enjoy games with small comunities aswell, because unlike some of you, I can have fun without haveing to depend on the Earning calls. Keep at it, you clearly know what I mean, trying to be a smartass wont help your cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. I mean I stopped playing and I have been one of those players that comes back with new content before but I didnt come back for ToT and im sure not going to come back for a horde themed raid ( even though its to kill off garrosh or w/e ) cata made me sick of their lore and horde favoritism. I am interested in what 6.0 will be but not touching the game until then.
    You're missing out. ToT is really well done. I bit too much of "dusty and grey" but nevertheless fun.
    I'm really curious what they will do in 5.4. It has the potential of being truly epic or being a Dragonsoul copy-paste-fest 2.0....

Personally I'm waiting for this tiring faction squabbling to come to an and, so a new enemy can threaten us all.

Unless there's some amazing offer in June, I'm expecting another 1 million drop. 5.2 didn't put a bandage on the bleeding subs so I'm not sure if new content is enough anymore. The last minute annual pass users for D3 is about to end too.

Also Blizzard already mentioned to expect more sub losses before the end of the year so, they must know the current April-May trend isn't looking too hot.

Even if they do something like another revamp of a Scroll of Resurrection, it's nothing to do with improving the game and it screams short term goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I don't know why people have to be in a WoW camp or a GW2 camp or Rift camp. WoW is old - it will continue to lose subs, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's just that due to numerous factors, it's damn hard for it to bring back new players due to the expectations of younger gamers who were raised on consoles.

Add to this that "some" of the older gamers are moving on or just burnt out or had enough of one particular mmo, it's going to be a shrinking market. Subscribers will still grow and diminish, but it is definitely on a downward trend.

Me, personally, I like the "new" feeling of games. I love playing WoW killers on launch (if they're not too buggy) for the first month or two. Everyone's a nubcake and people generally work together and are helpful. Best time I have had in gaming is trying new mmo's. Aion, I confess, was grindy at launch and I nearly slit my wrists in frustration.

I miss my WoW druid, but I just don't feel like playing it enough to get back into the game - I'm one of the guys who got bored of WoW-type mmo's and then realized I just got bored of WoW. Some of my best times were spent in WoW, however. I think I spent almost 300 days on my druid, so me calling it a bad game would be laughable.

EDIT: Play what you enjoy and to hell with everyone else.
    Amen good sir
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You're missing out. ToT is really well done. I bit too much of "dusty and grey" but nevertheless fun.
    I'm really curious what they will do in 5.4. It has the potential of being truly epic or being a Dragonsoul copy-paste-fest 2.0....

Personally I'm waiting for this tiring faction squabbling to come to an and, so a new enemy can threaten us all.
    Yea ive heard good things about it the raid itself isnt the main reason i stopped/didnt come back there is just so much about this game that I dont like anymore that IMHO I feel like only the next xpac is going to bring any significant changes. The sub numbers on the current trend say they need to do something fan fkin tastic with 6.0 and im not totally giving up on blizz until we start getting some info on what they have planned.

If its "bring youre chinpokumon to work day on the back of a kungfu panda" 2.0 theme then yea im done lol
    If its going to be something dark like Lich King then im sold.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    If its "bring youre chinpokumon to work day on the back of a kungfu panda" 2.0 theme then yea im done lol
    Well I hope for some darkness and mean enemy too. MoP was supposed to be a moment of rest & beauty before the next big thing wants to destroy our World.

Still, I'm really enjoying MoP for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    yah i totally have the same feeling about war-locky fel puke rehash of BClol 2.0. gain one lose one i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ns-back-above/

How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.
    Well Mvallas, A new expansion did come out that is 1 reason why they released sub numbers out early (It obviously good for buisness) and when Novemeber came it was suppose to report Q3 2012. September is the last month in Q3 & we knew what they were already, we wont see a sub change after 5 - 6 days as they had already reported them with the new expansion, so they didn't need to report them again.

If you can prove to me in the last 2 - 3 years, That Blizzard has released sub numbers early that isn't linked to when a new expansion comes out than, please do so. I honestly havn't seen sub numbers come out early any other time than when a new expansion comes out. But basically when a new product does comes out it is pretty obvious that a company will release numbers early as it is good for business once again.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    dat brand of xanzul illiteracy.

Must be convenient to ignore everything said just so you can continue to scream at the top of your lungs in an echo chamber, huh? I'm not even going to bother repeating what I said, because you already quoted me once, you can go back and reread what I said until it clicks, if ever.

Besides, this way is far more humorous.

I agreed up until...

xanzul is hilariously sycophantic to the point where even if you agree that all this unabashed bashing (just generalizing, not calling anyone out) is unnecessary and rude, he'll still try to shove some excuse about WoW. One of the few quality posters here on MMO-Champ, if you ask me.

That said, I agree. Quarterly sub numbers are a complete double-edged sword. On the one hand, having a static number attracts potential customers, but on the other, it also brings in detractors. In my opinion, either one is venom. If you are playing a game for the numbers, then there is a problem.
    No No sir, its everything not only WoW, But any game on MMO-Champ. Ya its not right to call people out, but in sense people use these kind of threads to do the exact same thing but they call out a game that they apprently don't like, why waste the time to do so. Everyone knows these kind of threads bring the fanboys & trolls in for an all-out war about who is right & wrong and no side wins until a mod gives out the first infraction or the thread is closed.

I don't support what Xanzul says or what the others (They know who they are) say either, your all just acting like children in general. The Asian market has changed and will continue, its like I said before WoW may of been success in the Eastern Market before, but may not anymore. WoW is a successful Western Market MMO and will continue to be. You can't rule a market forever & Blizzard prbly knows this. But if people in Asia enjoy WoW still they can, its not like WoW is dead in China, its just not the popular one over there anymore & it toke 8 years to do that. But its still the popular one in the Western Market. F2P in China blossomed out of nowhere, you can't combat that.

Pann is 100% right about one thing, F2P in China basically blindsided Blizzard / Netease, you can't combat F2P with a P2P that is 8 years old and showing its age, maybe in the West you can. But Eastern you can't.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-18 at 01:14 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well Mvallas, A new expansion did come out that is 1 reason why they released sub numbers out early (It obviously good for buisness) and when Novemeber came it was suppose to report Q3 2012. September is the last month in Q3 & we knew what they were already, we wont see a sub change after 5 - 6 days as they had already reported them with the new expansion, so they didn't need to report them again.

If you can prove to me in the last 2 - 3 years, That Blizzard has released sub numbers early that isn't linked to when a new expansion comes out than, please do so. I honestly havn't seen sub numbers come out early any other time than when a new expansion comes out. But basically when a new product does comes out it is pretty obvious that a company will release numbers early as it is good for business once again.
    And I BELIEVE you should re-read the reason I wrote that.

My statement was "Right as the quarter ended, Blizzard posted their numbers 1 week after the quarter ended." That was my point... they HAVE the numbers right away - and when they're up, they report them RIGHT AWAY. Zanzul says they don't and never posted that, and that it was "misinformation".

It doesn't matter weither it's on the coat-tails of a new expansion or not... the point is they have the subscription numbers 1 week after, and post them if they're up.

...are you seriously suggesting that JUST because it's not an expansion in Q2 that they WON'T put out a press-release and hype it up for an extra month that the subs are up and just wait one month for it to happen? Seriously?

Also... the subs only ever went up ONCE in 2-3 years in that time bracket you're giving me... and it was in that quarter. You know damn-well I can't find any other info within that time frame as there never was another time the numbers went up - period. :P

this came early.... geez.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Yes, ToT seemed to be well done. I enjoyed it when I tried few first bosses. Dungeon itself was visually stunning as well.

Yet, I unsubbed soon after. Why? Realm dead. No raid scene or decent raiding guild on the realm. I hate LFR and don't want free epics. Heroic dungeons are faceroll. I got most reps and there is no gear reward for exalted. Nothing for me to do. I still had unfinished zones, Kunlai Summit, etc. But I got bored and annoyed with the quests because of all the pandas and rats and rabbits that I dislike and do not take seriously. I would stay for in-game friends and my guild so I could hang out with them, but, oh wait, now I don't have those anymore as Blizz killed those with LFD/LFR and 10-man raids, what's left is a solo game. So I unsubbed.

ToT being good makes no difference to me.
    This guy sums up why I unsubbed tho with an extra point was is that there were too many dailies at start. The game killed off nearly 80% of the people I knew, being also on a dead realm, I couldn't do anything much.

OT; I believe it will fall to 7.6m and worst case is 7.1m. Also, how many times has Jaylock been banned?

I'm guessing lower and based on what Blizzard said they are as well.

At this point WoW just isn't bringing in new players. Everyone who has ever thought about trying it has trying it, nobody is going to just start up buying a bunch of expansions and stuff for an 8 year old game.

The only people that can cause subs to rise are ex-players, and they also don't seem to be interested.

I would imagine that WoW will slowly lose players every quarter from now on. When new expansions come out this loss might stop or even temporarily reverse, but WoW's heyday is behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=2847881

Does this help either person's argument?
    Well well! Thank you much for finding that! October 7th (one week after Q3) - WOW hits 12 million before the announced Q3 findings, and 2 months before Cataclysm's release.

Thanks! So much for Archdruid Dehydrate's theory! ^_^

EDIT: Sad to see that this was the last moment... it just went down from there. =(

"Empty" 5.3 patch with content, that will be consumed in 1-2 days, summer, overall declining of players interest to this game, collapsing of China community = very big loss in Q2. May be even bigger, then in Q1.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ns-back-above/

How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

The above proves you wrong... please read. ^_^
    Good god NO ONE can possibly be this dense.

I said no less than three different times in this thread alone (not to mention more than a few others where you spread the same erroneous information) that Blizzard only announces sub numbers when expansions are released or shareholder calls. How the fuck is linking me an announcement less than a week after Mop release prove me wrong in the slightest? What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I expect in the least 300K losses. More realistically though, I expect close to 800K for a total of 7.5 million subs. Content may be coming faster, but it's not the quality the players expect. They love to talk about how their resources are precious, but then they focus on pet battle spectating. I've never once heard anyone say, "Man, I sure wish I could watch others as they pet battle!" A complete waste of time and resources for no real reward. To me, it almost seems like they're trying to destroy WoW on purpose.
    For the millionth time the people who work on pet battles are NOT the same people who work on raids nor are they the same people who work on things like character models, customer service, or any sort of content development. Different people do different things. When Blizzard says they "don't have resources" what they mean is they don't want to waste resources on a player's particular pet issue. Can they afford to? Of course. Is it a sustainable business model to constantly hire on new developers and artists and other staff simply to give every customer what they demand? Nope. Not even close.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    failure to read their reasons for the change is your fault. it isnt a full fledged spectator mode. this only happens during wild pet fights out in the world. because it looks completely unnatural to see a player standing idle in a place they have little other reason to be at. you cant queue up to watch somebody pet battle. you cant try to watch your two friends or guildies pet battle each other. you can only see when a player out in the world is fighting a battle pet.

this is nothing in comparison to the time and resources needed to create an ENTIRE mode of gameplay. spectating wild pet battles is barely different from watching two people duel outside of Org/SW.
    Its funny how many of the people on these forums bitch and whine and moan about breaking immersion yet the second that Blizzard does anything to preserve immersion they are the first to flame Blizzard for it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    dat brand of xanzul illiteracy.

Must be convenient to ignore everything said just so you can continue to scream at the top of your lungs in an echo chamber, huh? I'm not even going to bother repeating what I said, because you already quoted me once, you can go back and reread what I said until it clicks, if ever.

Besides, this way is far more humorous.

I agreed up until...

xanzul is hilariously sycophantic to the point where even if you agree that all this unabashed bashing (just generalizing, not calling anyone out) is unnecessary and rude, he'll still try to shove some excuse about WoW. One of the few quality posters here on MMO-Champ, if you ask me.

That said, I agree. Quarterly sub numbers are a complete double-edged sword. On the one hand, having a static number attracts potential customers, but on the other, it also brings in detractors. In my opinion, either one is venom. If you are playing a game for the numbers, then there is a problem.
    I'm not more a sycophant for Blizzard than you and the other haters are for GW2 or any other game people decide to claim is better than Wow or killing Wow. Just because I'm not jumping up and down screaming frothing at the mouth whenever Blizzard does or says anything doesn't make me a fanboy or anything else. In all honesty if you people hate Blizzard and Wow so much then MOVE THE FUCK ON ALREADY. There is NO reason to be on these forums day in day out bitching and whining and moaning and sniveling about a game all of you have made clear you consider subpar and a waste of time. If that is how you truly feel put your money where your mouth is and GTFO.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Kinda ironic you look down on people that play an MMO for numbers, then go on to say "Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there." and "...I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase."
    You realize the reason people bring up Wow's subscribers is because you and many others continually run around screaming at the top of your lungs that Wow is dead or dying right? Context matters. I rarely see people even bring that up until haters start in with their bullshit.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Unless there's some amazing offer in June, I'm expecting another 1 million drop. 5.2 didn't put a bandage on the bleeding subs so I'm not sure if new content is enough anymore. The last minute annual pass users for D3 is about to end too.

Also Blizzard already mentioned to expect more sub losses before the end of the year so, they must know the current April-May trend isn't looking too hot.

Even if they do something like another revamp of a Scroll of Resurrection, it's nothing to do with improving the game and it screams short term goals.
    I like how people continually assume the only reason people leave the game is because the game is crap. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with outgrowing the game and moving on or any number of other issues having NOTHING to do with quality of content. Nope people only leave because Wow is crap. Yep no other reason at all ever. It is funny how I get accused of being a fanboy but anyone spouting this crap gets off scot free despite it being mindless irrational unmitigated hate.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Yea ive heard good things about it the raid itself isnt the main reason i stopped/didnt come back there is just so much about this game that I dont like anymore that IMHO I feel like only the next xpac is going to bring any significant changes. The sub numbers on the current trend say they need to do something fan fkin tastic with 6.0 and im not totally giving up on blizz until we start getting some info on what they have planned.

In all honesty people with your insulting and bigoted attitude are more than welcome to not come back.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    "Empty" 5.3 patch with content, that will be consumed in 1-2 days, summer, overall declining of players interest to this game, collapsing of China community = very big loss in Q2. May be even bigger, then in Q1.
    It isn't empty. It has a significant number of player requested quality of life changes such as reduced leveling time 85-90 and cheaper heirlooms and it will now be far easier to get into pvp without having to spend a lot of time grinding gear. I really honest to god don't understand given all the bitching about how "crappy" Wow is that improvements to the game are considered "empty". That right there says it all about the motivation behind the hate.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-05-18 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You realize the reason people bring up Wow's subscribers is because you and many others continually run around screaming at the top of your lungs that Wow is dead or dying right? Context matters. I rarely see people even bring that up until haters start in with their bullshit.
    I have never said that WOW is dead or dying, although it is certainly not healthy and needs some immediate attention at the moment, at any volume let alone at the top of my lungs. I am not surprised that you do not see people bringing up sub numbers until the haters start as has been clearly shown in this thread you only read what you want to see.