Poll: Your opinion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend and I both got tested before we started. She had 7 partners before so I really wanted her tested, I only had 1 but it wasn't a hassle to get tested so I did to ease her worries. I was 100% sure I was clean, and I was/am.

Condoms are far sailors who travel port to port.

10+ Year Old Account
    mAN, HERE IS SOME ADVICE , get that chick checked. When I was in the army I took a chicks word for it and ended up0 with clymidya or however you spell it, man the quetip in the weiner to fix it was not great. Anyway, protip#1203497812471 if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been in a situation like this yet. My boyfriend and I have dated for almost four years, and we were both virgins at the time.

However, I think if I were ever put in the situation again, my own advice to myself would be to ask about it when things are at that time in the relationship. If it feels awkward or it seems like the other person is shy about being truthful (I don't know why you would still want to have sex if you think they're lying, though), make a date to both go get tested on the same day. Use condoms until you know.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Condoms are 100% effective at stopping STDs or at least that's what I've "learned" via the responses in this thread.

Hmm after reading through this thread I think I need to start using condoms.... I'm 21 and have had 13 partners, rarely using condoms. If they tell me their clean I just always took their word for it since well condoms suck. Still clean so I think I should start playing it safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I'm curious how much people would take trust over secuirity.
    Trust does not enter into the question. Even if you have used a condom EVERY time there is no way you can say 100% that you are STD free, because condoms are not 100%. They are damn close, but not 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Both tested, go with condom until tested. I don't understand those who feel insulted when I've demanded they use a condom if there's gonna be anything, there's been quite a lot that gotten pissed at me for it, well, not in a relationship but otherwise. I've managed to stay free from STDs due to that, I don't even wanna think of what it could be like with the amount of men I been with if I didn't demand a condom from their side..

Would never let anyone go without condom unless I'm 100% they're free from STDs.
    And even then, even if you're tested, there's a risk to catch and STD if your partner cheats on you. Seen a show on TV where someone caught an STD from her partner who she got tested with. She was shocked when she got the STD and heard her partner was cheating on her, from whom she got the STD xD

I made that mistake with my ex. So yay for 5-10 years left!!!!

But honestly im not one that takes extreme value in life as others do. I choose to live life as you want just go with the flow of things.

I picked both. I know I don't have any STDs, but it's only fair that I get tested as well to give my partner ease of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Both have to get tested beforehand. It's not insulting at all, and in fact I like being approached by my partner before I bring it up. It shows that she's responsible/hasthe foresight to care about our future. Not getting testing reeks of this modern "Yolo" attitude I keep seeing everywhere. It's not so much about getting tested in and of itself, but about gauging to see whether or not your partner is responsible enough and willing to look past the stigma behind testing, which shouldn't even exist to begin with if we want to curb the spread of infection. Not getting tested is just plain stupid if you ask me. Most people don't even know whether or not they have an STD, so how could you possibly take their word for it?

im fairly honest about it myself, I prefer knowing for 100% certainty that someone is clean even if we're using condoms. Might sound harsh and a bit dickish but I told the last girl who I slept with that I wouldnt be touching her till she was tested because of some of the people I knew she had been with were not exactly careful. That being said, its as much about trust and i've gone past the age where I screw anything that moves so I dont mind waiting as long as its the right girl.

Deleted
    Other?! I'm stuck in some sort of reverse courtship rut. I just nail chicks then try to form a relationship after (unless they are ropey as fuck or don't pass well on the chili system). I always lose interest tho. It's good to get tested now and again tho, peace of mind and all that.

I've got 3 bit of advice for you anyway; if you are under the age of 30 get out of relationships and rock out. My friend Ben told me you have to sleep with 113 women before you can even think of getting married (he got married later that year, hes on some next level shit) and finally if you are worried about birth control and live in the EU, don't be. Just make sure you have an in date passport and pick from any of the EU countries to avoid parental responsibilities and chill out in.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Other?! I'm stuck in some sort of reverse courtship rut. I just nail chicks then try to form a relationship after (unless they are ropey as fuck or don't pass well on the chili system). I always lose interest tho. It's good to get tested now and again tho, peace of mind and all that.

I've got 3 bit of advice for you anyway; if you are under the age of 30 get out of relationships and rock out. My friend Ben told me you have to sleep with 113 women before you can even think of getting married (he got married later that year, hes on some next level shit) and finally if you are worried about birth control and live in the EU, don't be. Just make sure you have an in date passport and pick from any of the EU countries to avoid parental responsibilities and chill out in.
    This guy seems on the level, and his advice is so rational and pure that any disagreement would seem illogical.

Deleted
    I always find it strange when a girls like 'oh are your clean'. It's like, you're about to take my word for it the same you most likely have every other guy, are YOU clean? If I suspected I had something, then I'd have been checked out and had it fixed. If it wasn't curable I sure as hell wouldn't be just fucking every bitch without a condom making their life worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really asked.

It's not something I've ever really worried about since I don't pick up sluts.

Honestly, everyone is going to say they're clean at that point. "Nope, I have every STD known to man, and several known to monkeys! Let's get in bed!"

I'd definitely want my partner tested, all the more reason I'm going to stay a virgin for the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Getting a Q-tip up the dick is the worst feeling in the world, so i dont get tested more often then i must...

If you're still getting a urethra swab as a guy you should find a new doctor/clinic and avoid such archaic places, that is old technology which is no longer necessary. Nowadays it's as simple as peeing into a cup and doing blood work if you so chose.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    If you're still getting a urethra swab as a guy you should find a new doctor/clinic and avoid such archaic places, that is old technology which is no longer necessary. Nowadays it's as simple as peeing into a cup and doing blood work if you so chose.
    I believe the peeing in a cup can only be done first thing in the morning(?), and most of the planned parenthood type free clinics still use the q-tip... and it sucks!

To be fair though its been quite a while since i got tested, but not long enough if the q-tip is still in play.