Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Never, we passed this stage of history due to technology development. WWs were a transitional phase, when transport technology allowed it and people still belved in glory of war.
    I agree with this guy, for the most part. I am sure we will see skirmishes here and there, but nothing big enough to be a world war. I don't know what to consider what has been happening in the middle east, but that will always be a powder keg. Has been for so many generations and will continue long past us. Cradle of civilization and so many reglions have spawned from that area. So many will fight for it until the end of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Depends where you store them. For example UK, all their nukes are on submarines if I remember right. That makes sure that if someone fires and wipes the UK out from first strike, you can still strike back. On the other hand... I never understood why Russia and USA need the thousands of nukes they have, even in the case of a nuclear war in the Cold War, you wouldn't get time to launch even 1/3 before the other guy's nukes hit.
    Those nukes are stored in hardened silo's, they are more than capable of striking back even if the USA/Russia is hit by thousands of nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    There is very little to gain (money wise) from another WW so it wont happen, if it does im sure the US will be swift to deliver some democracy to who ever struck first
    They will democratize the SHIT out of them, 'murrica.. FUCK YEAH. that isn't funny, but the mindset of this country i call home is so sad it isn't funny. I am not ashamed to be from here, I just wish other countries didn't assume i'm an asshole for it. Bothers me most folks are just utterly clueless as to how we are perceived.

Oy, I really shouldn't be posting after smoking a j.. I turn into a douche. forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Russia doesn't have any serious military power (save for their a-bombs, if they are even functional) and if they continue like this then 10-20 years from now they also won't have any natural resources left to fight a war with. Its another problem that Russians are buying up property all over Europe. And anyway, in the case of a war like that, who will support Russia? China? They are keen to have Russian territories in the first place.
    Honestly, don't underestimate Russia, many did and lost. They are kind of people who just don't give up and will do everything either they win or none.

Probably this September.
    Uruguay, Luxembourg, & Nepal vs everyone else. You heard it here first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    They will democratize the SHIT out of them, 'murrica.. FUCK YEAH. that isn't funny, but the mindset of this country i call home is so sad it isn't funny. I am not ashamed to be from here, I just wish other countries didn't assume i'm an asshole for it. Bothers me most folks are just utterly clueless as to how we are perceived.

Oy, I really shouldn't be posting after smoking a j.. I turn into a douche. forgive me
    hell no, keep going...
    I assure you, that what you just wrote is pretty much what most of the world is eager to hear/read.
    The USA needs Americans like you, they are a lot more valuable to the countries reputation like many public figures the country has.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Lets just hope never, there is no need to paint devils on the walls.

I believe the next big war will be one fought, not by weapons of (mass)destruction, but one where the battle field is hosted by millions of main frames;i.e. a technological war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Probably this September.
    Uruguay, Luxembourg, & Nepal vs everyone else. You heard it here first.
    Someone needs to make a movie about that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    tittle says it all, tell us the situation!
    idk

But i agree with Einstein in that WWIV will be fought with rocks and sticks.

The next world war is likely to play out in the middle east.
    Iran and other aligned countries vs those of more western style.

I can't see any of the world powers, G8 or otherwise wanting to be involved in a world war with eachother.

People don't realize that a world war would never escalate to where you think it would.
    It would end in seconds.

Air superiority campaigns would be determined in hours, who has the upperhand would be seen very early in a war.
    Unless its a war between Russia China and India, there will be no massive land campaigns. And again, air superiority would end that war before it even started.
    No one is going to mobilize a tank batallion in the wake of an aerial onslaught.

Future of warfare, decided in seconds, not years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I'd choose Ice hockey, Denmark got a pretty good handball team, need to minimize the risks lol
    We got a hockey team?

turns out we do and we beat up the finns

^lol

We played some risk tonight. I thought of this thread so I got a photo off right before my last units(blue) got wiped off the map.
    This is as likely a scenario as anything. US/NATO being red vs Russia and an eastern pact, us poor nordics caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-05-18 at 12:23 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I don't know about us, but I think the Russian Army is busy watching cartoons...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't know about us, but I think the Russian Army is busy watching cartoons...

They are out of step.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    China and the US allying against Russia is more likely than Russia and China allying against the US. China most likely wouldn't directly support NK in an all-out war at this point. A lot of EU countries are bound to the US through NATO, so they have to intervene (not implying they wouldn't join even if we weren't in agreement). I can see Russia and Iran allying but that's it.
    Need I mention that, granted China "publicly" cut off money to NK through one bank but I really wouldn't put it past them to continue trickling money to them.
    Also, I love how we outsourced to China for years now and in turn we have been feeding money to NK.
    I should also mention, China is really bulking up their military and has been targeting a multitude of the United States' infrastructures. You really think China won't pull anything? You must be joking.
    http://www.techspot.com/news/52499-p...-networks.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/te...anted=all&_r=0
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/wo...-military.html
    I can pull others very easily, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Let's also not forget the atrocities being committed in Syria. Want to guess the reason the U.S. hasn't stepped in to help? If you guessed Iran, Russia, and China as the reason(s) you got it right! Welcome to real world news!
    Last edited by hanketsu; 2013-05-18 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    US vs Russia. China taking Russia's side, and Japan getting involved to destroy China. And Europe joining the US. Merely imaginating here but...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    Need I mention that, granted China "publicly" cut off money to NK through one bank but I really wouldn't put it past them to continue trickling money to them.
    Also, I love how we outsourced to China for years now and in turn we have been feeding money to NK.
    I should also mention, China is really bulking up their military and has been targeting a multitude of the United States' infrastructures. You really think China won't pull anything? You must be joking.
    http://www.techspot.com/news/52499-p...-networks.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/te...anted=all&_r=0
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/wo...-military.html
    I can pull others very easily, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Let's also not forget the atrocities being committed in Syria. Want to guess the reason the U.S. hasn't stepped in to help? If you guessed Iran, Russia, and China as the reason(s) you got it right! Welcome to real world news!
    I love it when clueless people are sarcastic.

China is economically dependant on the US, and the rest of the western world. If the US falls, so does China. How many times haven't you heard about "MURICAN JOBS BEIN OUTSOURCED TO CHINA" or seen the label MADE IN CHINA. Cheap product-making is one of China's great points.

That doesn't mean that China doesn't want influence in the world. China is spending a lot of money on improving African infrastructure, China wants it's own satellite states (such as NK), and they sure as hell don't want the US to have a satellite state right next to them, that's not a good powerful image. Oh, and an intimidating army to control China's neighbours as well. God knows why China tries to hack US infrastructure, probably power play as well.

Your most sarcastic line is also the most clueless. Iran, Russia and China is not the right answers. They do play a small part but there's more to it than just those three countries. Two, even, China doesn't want military intervention simply because they know, unlike you, that a) there's an economic recession going on, you might've heard of it, and that economic recession will only get worse if you start spending money on military intervention in Syria, which won't help China's export and b) whenever the US has intervened in the Middle East the long-term effects have always made the situation worse (see: al-Qaida).

And even if Iran and Russia doesn't want the world in Syria, they can't do anything about it at this very moment. Russia needs about 2 decades before their military can get technologically competetive with the western world. Iran could probably put up a small fight but they don't really have any reason to attack Syria, Iran just wants to be left alone.

That should cover it all.

Deleted
    The Middle East, Africa, Russia, US, EU, Oceania, China, rest of Asia, South America, Canada,...
    Basicly all nations of the UN, thats why its called a world war

Crossed fingers that it never happens, because it might be the last thing humanity does on this planet

10+ Year Old Account
    World War 1 = Fought with guns.
    World War 2 = Fought with guns.
    World War 3 = Fought with Nuclear weapons from Space.
    World War 4 = Fought with wooden sticks.
    Reason why i say this is: When we have a World War 3, we are gonna bomb ourselfs to sinner bits. There are gonna be no more humanity on earth. And the human cyclus will start from the beginning again.
    Last edited by MOEEEE; 2013-05-18 at 12:31 PM.