Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

5.4 will be on PTR 'very shortly' after 5.3's release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oWUqfAZH2J8

Here's some bullet points from the interview:

-There will probably be less new pets in 5.4 compared to other MoP patches.
    -The "Big Unannounced Feature" is releasing with 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post

What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.

But, yes, I'm not surprised we'll be seeing it so soon after 5.3's launch, as far as we can gather from previous Blizzard statements, 5.4 should be out before the end of summer.

I think we've had enough pets in this expansion to have it okay not to have new ones in 5.4.
    Other than that, can't wait for it to be on the PTR for all the datamining models and audio. My favorite part.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post

Yes 5.3 is considered to be short patch like 5.1 they said about it when 5.2 was still on PTR. It will go on PTR in 1 month I guess or even earlier.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to hear they're staying on schedule with the fast raids. The key will be whether they can release the next expansion in a timely manner now. 6-7 Months after the release of 5.4 at most to keep people interested. Preferably more in the 5-6 months mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yes 5.3 is considered to be short patch like 5.1 they said about it when 5.2 was still on PTR. It will go on PTR in 1 month I guess or even earlier.
    If they are trying to keep the 2 month 4 month small big patch thing they've talked about 5.4 ptr will be up much sooner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think we've had enough pets in this expansion to have it okay not to have new ones in 5.4.
    Slow down there... more pets is always a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    Slow down there... more pets is always a good thing
    It is, I know. But if Blizzard slowed down on pets I won't complain.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there's at least a Lil Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.

But, yes, I'm not surprised we'll be seeing it so soon after 5.3's launch, as far as we can gather from previous Blizzard statements, 5.4 should be out before the end of summer.
    Challenge mode raids. You heard it here first.

Deleted
    I'm always excited about new instances and storytelling. Love to hear about Orgrimmar's inside gossips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Close, tis will be mentoring System allowing for you to adjust Level as well as Item Level!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Other than that, can't wait for it to be on the PTR for all the datamining models and audio. My favorite part.
    there will be new ones, mumper confirmed a while ago that we will be getting a few rare epic pets in 5.4. this just means were not gonna be getting a whole bunch of new ones
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Sounds like Heroic raids ;D

i really wanna see what the legendary weapon looks like
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

New Feature:

I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.

However, it is a option that can be toggled on your Portrait Menu, so that those interested in Mount Farming / Pet Farming / Solo Raiding can still do that, but those wishing to go back and experience to a degree what The Black Temple was like at level 70, then they can! No need for Legacy Servers, as we'll be able to go do the old raids as they were designed then, at the appropriate level and ilevel.

Not surprising seeing 5.4, if going with how long T14 lasted, should arrive like late August/early September or something.

Fewer pets? Fair I guess, though they did say at one point they might introduce the first epic pet, so...
    The new feature is coming? Awesome, looking forward to see what it is. =)

Bet we can see the PTR in a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    New Feature:

I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.
    Hope not, I don't see many people using this feature at all. I know I wouldn't. How do you think it would improve the gaming experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Close, tis will be mentoring System allowing for you to adjust Level as well as Item Level!
    You have to still have friends playing for that system to be useful (not being sarcastic, I just mean that sounds like a feature better implemented @ the beginning of an expansion when most people come back to play).

Hopefully whatever it is will be on the PTR right as 5.4 hits and they don't hide it until the end. Really curious as to what they're hiding.