Deleted
    Looking forward to see if Sens are turning up today.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:45 PM ----------

Omg Crosby! Hes amazing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anderson is looking mighty human right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Anderson is looking mighty human right now
    The term your looking for is bad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Vokoun, wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow Vokoun, wow
    its pittsburgh. you expect good defense and goaltending?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but did you see that 2nd and 3rd goal? That was unreal bad LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Awhile back somebody asked, while Fleury was getting a lot of attention for his failures, why Nabokov was not getting the same degree of criticism. Well, Anderson, who was probably the best goalie in the league this year when healthy, is putting up some Nabokov-like numbers. I guess the Penguins are just that scary.

Also, espn has a short article about how Kopitar is going to play despite getting stitches, how is this even newsworthy? A hockey player is playing with stitches!? gasp! this never happens! He came back in the game, only missed a couple shifts, why in tarnation would anyone think he might miss a whole game!?!?! I heard there was also a player who continued his career despite loosing a tooth, shoot, I figured he woulda retired.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-05-18 at 07:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Mule puts Detroit up 3-1 in Chicago.

so much of the media, the fans, wrote off the wings in this series, but i knew this wasn't going to a blowout series!

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Awhile back somebody asked, while Fleury was getting a lot of attention for his failures, why Nabokov was not getting the same degree of criticism. Well, Anderson, who was probably the best goalie in the league this year when healthy, is putting up some Nabokov-like numbers. I guess the Penguins are just that scary.

Also, espn has a short article about how Kopitar is going to play despite getting stitches, how is this even newsworthy? A hockey player is playing with stitches!? gasp! this never happens! He came back in the game, only missed a couple shifts, why in tarnation would anyone think he might miss a whole game!?!?! I heard there was also a player who continued his career despite loosing a tooth, shoot, I figured he woulda retired.
    too ESPN a newsworthy hockey article was updating the penguins fans on crosbys weekly status during his injury...

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    The Mule puts Detroit up 3-1 in Chicago.

so much of the media, the fans, wrote off the wings in this series, but i knew this wasn't going to a blowout series!
    Sorry man, Dastyuk is unquestionably the greatest player in the nhl right now. But it's going to be Pittsburgh vs Chicago in the finals. Im from Boston. Gotta face reality haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit has turned the united center into a Library, the silence is deafening.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Sorry man, Dastyuk is unquestionably the greatest player in the nhl right now. But it's going to be Pittsburgh vs Chicago in the finals. Im from Boston. Gotta face reality haha.
    if you actually paid attention to these boards more often, you would see i already predicted chicago would win this round. im just saying lots of blackhawks fans (and lots of the media) after game 1 were all like: LOL BLOWOUT, the wings dont even deserve to be on the same ice as chicago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wings looked damn good, Babcock is an incredible coach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wings looked damn good, Babcock is an incredible coach.
    and yet once again will get jobbed on coach of the year accolades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I got up to do something the Red Wings scored, so, you're welcome Detroit fans! Its a good thing I was busy today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Every time I got up to do something the Red Wings scored, so, you're welcome Detroit fans! Its a good thing I was busy today.
    in that case if i send you 100 dollars can you be busy for the rest of the series?

Deleted
    and yet once again will get jobbed on coach of the year accolades.
    That is because he isn't.

Don't get me wrong Babcock is really great and I have nothing but respect for the man. But their season was bad (by Wings standards at least) and just narrowly avoided a disaster, making the playoffs just barely with 1 point over Columbus. Yes, the Wings lost Lidström. Yes, they had injury issues. No, that still wasn't a great season and there are just coaches who, over the course of THIS season (please note the "THIS", it's a season accolade, not a career one), have done a better job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    That is because he isn't.

Don't get me wrong Babcock is really great and I have nothing but respect for the man. But their season was bad (by Wings standards at least) and just narrowly avoided a disaster, making the playoffs just barely with 1 point over Columbus. Yes, the Wings lost Lidström. Yes, they had injury issues. No, that still wasn't a great season and there are just coaches who, over the course of THIS season (please note the "THIS", it's a season accolade, not a career one), have done a better job.

and yet the sens coach, who had the same issues is up for the accolade?
    my number 1 issue is that in the past its been "the wings have too much talent, ofcourse there gonna succeed"
    and yet, Bylsma won it, and Quennvelle got nominated. thats pure hypocritical. the Wings have made the playoffs, made it out of the first round, and had the third most injury issues in this league.

Deleted
    and yet the sens coach, who had the same issues is up for the accolade?
    my number 1 issue is that in the past its been "the wings have too much talent, ofcourse there gonna succeed"
    and yet, Bylsma won it, and Quennvelle got nominated. thats pure hypocritical. the Wings have made the playoffs, made it out of the first round, and had the third most injury issues in this league.
    Yes, because no one expected the Sens to perform the way they did at all. Their season was great relative to their talent level, and then consider that all of their star players were out for basically the whole season. Much of that success can be attributed to MacLean.
    The Wings on the other hand had a season that was mediocre at best. Sure, the injuries didn't help, but they underperformed relative to their talent levels and expectations. Babcock did a great job in leading them to the playoffs anyway, but that's no coach of the year. That's barely saving the season.

On another note: It's a regular season award. What happens in the playoffs is of absolutely no concern to the Adams trophy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Yes, because no one expected the Sens to perform the way they did at all. Their season was great relative to their talent level, and then consider that all of their star players were out for basically the whole season. Much of that success can be attributed to MacLean.
    The Wings on the other hand had a season that was mediocre at best. Sure, the injuries didn't help, but they underperformed relative to their talent levels and expectations. Babcock did a great job in leading them to the playoffs anyway, but that's no coach of the year. That's barely saving the season.

On another note: It's a regular season award. What happens in the playoffs is of absolutely no concern to the Adams trophy.
    no one even expected the wings to make the playoffs with lidstrom, stuart, and homer gone. even more so with all the injuries.
    and yet not only did we make the playoffs, were in the second round. id say our season has been pretty damn good. you say underperformed. hello, no one expected us to be in the playoffs. and if we did, they expected an early first round exit.

in that case if i send you 100 dollars can you be busy for the rest of the series?
    Detroits won every game I've watched, can I get $100 to watch the rest of the series? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Detroits won every game I've watched, can I get $100 to watch the rest of the series? :P
    sigh.

are people that hard up for cash?