Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biermanjason View Post
    reforged mastey instead of haste for H tortos and saw a noticeable jump in dps. anybody else have the same results, or is mastery only stronger for cleave fights?
    At some point mastery IS definitve stronger than haste. Has someone thought about at which hasterating it is the most reasonable point concerning metagemproccs, 4pc bonus, RPPM uptime, berserking, dot-ticks??

I am short of time at the moment but i will try to find a good "breakpoint" (problem is: don't know when -.-), but whould appreciate if someone else could focus on that.

Regarding the Haste-Spreadsheet (So hasteproccs and hasteCDs not mentioned) there are some points to look at:

Combustion (glyphed):

5% - extra Tick at 7073 which will be good for every "small" Combustion (no berserking and no 4pc)
    HT/TW/BL + 5% - extra Tick at 6571 (pointless, because at HT/TW/BL at least 4pc is ready and if troll berserking)

Pyroblast:

HT/TW/BL + 5% - extra Tick at 6805 (good for Pyrospam after combustion but 4pc is up so if u have 4pc pointless)

Nether Tempest:

5% - extra Tick at 6414

conclusion: I think the "optimal Breakpoint" for the masteryswitch is somewhere between 6414 and 7073

as said before could'nt get deeper in that topic, just the first thoughts

Edit: Okay did some math based on the spreadsheet of this guide, due to rounding there are small variations for the hasteratings.

But if you look at the picture, i think 7076 is the rating i will take as breakpoint and afterwards go mastery

One question is open: would ratings higher than 7076 increase the RPPM uptime?
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2013-05-15 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Finally today i got 2 pieces of T15 bonus tier, so, what is the haste soft cap that i need put in askmyrobot?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/sanguino/pokeroo

Deleted
    There is no soft cap for fire, just go straight out crit and then reforge to haste on any items which allready have crit on them (crit mastery for example, or if you have to much)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    There is no soft cap for fire, just go straight out crit and then reforge to haste on any items which allready have crit on them (crit mastery for example, or if you have to much)
    Really?? I see in this forum, that when any take 2 pieces of bonuss, go change cap haste , and i like know what is the number that i need put in askmyrobot

Deleted
    Nah, no defined cap for fire really. Crit will allways be first and then comes haste. Maybe at ilvl 535ish I will start considering to dump some haste into mastery but not for now atleast.

Has anyone else seen SimC v.520-10 putting haste significantly above crit, at any level of haste (I tried various AMR gear combos), once you sim with Sinister meta? I imagine its favoring increasing the RPPM of the meta? I'm around 14k crit rating.

Follow up, would you say these scale factors are trustworthy?

Deleted
    SimC tends to overvalue haste alot, not sure why but it if I remember correctly it has something to do with the next breakpoint etc. They are not trustworthy, you should still get as much crit as you can.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, SimC always likes to want people to have 100% haste...

On the mastery topic... a few of us have been saying this since early fucking T14... Mastery is good. really good. You just need to find a haste bench you can get... it's just those rppm buffs that make haste so much more desirable..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Spaace,

as posted before, i think the point from whereon you go for Mastery is 6417 or 7076, would you agree?

With 7076 u'll get +1 Tick for non BL Comb and non BL comb without AT.

What do you think, is it worth it or would 6417 be better because %Mastery is stronger than +1Comb Tick?

What do you think of RPPM Uptime? Would it be sicnificantly worse or is 6417 already enough for a good uptime?

I got my fist RPPM yesterday night so i couldn't test it by myself so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm goblin, so my values are a bit different.. but for the most part 12.55 or 17.55% haste seem to be solid break points for this tier (12.55 in t14).

I don't know exact values for haste/rppm procs and such... Just that apparently they get "better" with haste.. (and rppm trinkets nautrally get better the higher their item level...)
    I heard the same goes for weapon/jade spirit, but I cannot confirm anything.

my reforge strat is this: hit cap>crit on everyting>haste if i can reach next haste break point>if i cant reach next break point i reforge mastery.
    I think mastery is better than haste, if haste is just making FB cast a little shorter. Dont know if my strat is right or wrong but i seem to do pretty well with it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kmonkey/simple

this is a question for fire mage that use wushoolays trinket. how should i be trying to line up this trinket with AT? Should i get HU+HS proc then sit there with my thumb in my butt and wait for the trinket to get 7-10 stacks or is that a dps loss cuz im just sitting there doing nothing. I did this on target dummie and got 93k ingnite self buffed (also had cha-ye UP) and that is by far the biggest ignite ive ever been able to get on a target dummie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by biermanjason View Post
    this is a question for fire mage that use wushoolays trinket. how should i be trying to line up this trinket with AT? Should i get HU+HS proc then sit there with my thumb in my butt and wait for the trinket to get 7-10 stacks or is that a dps loss cuz im just sitting there doing nothing. I did this on target dummie and got 93k ingnite self buffed (also had cha-ye UP) and that is by far the biggest ignite ive ever been able to get on a target dummie.
    Not really worth waiting for it unless that's the only trinket proc you have up maybe, for me on pull I generally have everything up including meta (out of combat multiplier) so I just pop everything asap even though wush is usually at 3-4 stacks beacuse I want all my procs to still be up. Mid fight I guess you could wait 2-3 stacks max if you wanted to but it's not worth waiting 15-20 sec ever.

Deleted
    Is there any Mage out there who have been experimenting with swapping to Mage Armor before Combustions?

On Combustions on multiple targets with Bloodlust + Alter Time I think it might be worth it but im not sure about doing it evry single time. I mean, the most important part of building the ignite is to crit.

But I must admit that it was hilarious on Council, bursting almost 2mil DPS in pull; http://2.ii.gl/_hzjfS.png

i believe you are pushing your luck with doing it, though in high gear, crit is high anyway and when rng is with you the result is adorable

Deleted
    Yes that's my thought aswell but I saw Kuznam using it on evry single Combustion during Methods latest raid. So thats why I'm wondering if there are any other Mages who have been trying this out and what their results were.

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    Yes that's my thought aswell but I saw Kuznam using it on evry single Combustion during Methods latest raid. So thats why I'm wondering if there are any other Mages who have been trying this out and what their results were.
    It's prolly doable with all procs, but without procs, I just can't live without the extra crit from molten..

Deleted
    Hi,

I recently respecced fire and completely changed my UI when I switched to Arcanes back in 5.1.

When playing fire, I'd like to track my critical hits with pyro/scorch/fireball/infernoblast, is that possible with msbt ? All i've managed to achieve is to track all my crits, but I don't want to be spammed with any other spells.

Go into MSBT, go to triggers

Add Trigger, in output message put Pyro Crit %a (%s)

Add Event, Main Event Skill Damage

Add Conditions:

-Source Unit Affiliation is equal to You
    -Crit is equal to True
    -Skill name is equal to Pyroblast

Save this, find the trigger in your list of triggers, then click the wrench and screwdriver icon to set it up

Select Scroll Area. I have a separate scroll area for Procs that I put this in.
    Change the output message if you want.
    I use the Wham sound.
    I use always sticky which makes it use the sticky template which is BIG font and shakes.
    I use Pyroblast for icon.

do the same for each spell. I only use Pyrobast because that's all I need feedback on. Fireball crits are insignificant and are already tracked with the Blizz UI auras, which is enough for me. All other spells and their crits are still tracked in my outgoing scroll area, but I don't pay attention to it typically.
    Last edited by Malfecto; 2013-05-19 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Nice, exactly what I wanted, thanks a lot, dude !

Well, I know that fireball/scorch/ib arent really necessary, but I think it would just feel weird having something pop on my screen only for pyro, that would feel just too empty the rest of the time !