Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Challenge mode raids. You heard it here first.
    Funny enough, this thought crossed my mind. They mentioned somewhere that this feature would allow you to enjoy old world raid content "in a different way" or something, right? That was the first thing that popped in my head, but I dismissed it as absurdity.

...it's still absurd...

........right.....?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    im confused. i dont understand the point youre trying to make, im sorry
    If someone says something lasted 12 months and it lasted 10, i would say it lasted 8, and they would get mad at say no it lasted 10. Saying 10 months is close to 12 is like me saying 8 months is close to 10 which it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Or perhaps they're excited that their ability to produce content faster is producing content faster.
    Nah, I think losing 1.3 million subs is a pretty good indicator that this xpac has been a disaster and it's time to try a another reset and hope for better results.

Cross-faction grouping to take on Garrosh's forces.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If someone says something lasted 12 months and it lasted 10, i would say it lasted 8, and they would get mad at say no it lasted 10. Saying 10 months is close to 12 is like me saying 8 months is close to 10 which it isnt.
    i guess?

i didnt notice if anyone specifically stated that DS lasted a year, i think they were just generalizing (since ICC last like a year) that there would be a general lengthy lull between the last content patch and new expansion and just used year as an example. could be wrong as i said i didnt notice anyone specifically state DS lasted a year, forgive me if someone said that

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there isnt, nodes are not harder to find, leveling is not harder, the only difference is that occasionaly you will see more people.

there were 2 problems when crz came out, super rare things had more competition and the fishing tournament was broken, both of those have been fixed.

each realm now has their own 3 winners so the fishing tournament is now INSANELY easier with crz. and the rare mobs and pets and whatnot had their spawn rates increased.

so yes everyone is throwing a hissy fit there is nothing wrong with crz it does nothing but let you see more people in a zone and meet more people ive made more friends when crz was released then i ever did before.
    the problem is not rare camping or mining nodes.
    the problem is the gankfest. during my leveling i get ganked A LOT more often then normal. and basicly i was forced to lvl from 50 to 70 only in dungeons and bg's
    questing was not an option. always some random 90 from an other server around to gank you. in wrath zones you will see them less. it was safe to quest again.
    but almost impossible in outland. and HFP being the worst of all the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Nah, I think losing 1.3 million subs is a pretty good indicator that this xpac has been a disaster and it's time to try a another reset and hope for better results.
    Wow is past it's prime.

The subscription model is basically dead.

If you honestly think anything Blizzard does will peak the subscribers over 10 million again you're dead wrong.

What is with you guys nitpicking everything to justify your own thoughts on the game?

Barely any of you think logically and you leave no room for anyone else's opinion, not to mention any sort of compromise.

I don't get it:/ wish I did. These forums would be much more enjoyable then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I'm excited, at the very least to start raid testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you blizzard, keep up this amazing work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    It will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    the problem is the gankfest. during my leveling i get ganked A LOT more often then normal. and basicly i was forced to lvl from 50 to 70 only in dungeons and bg's
    questing was not an option. always some random 90 from an other server around to gank you. in wrath zones you will see them less. it was safe to quest again.
    The problem is everything. Rares (hint: smaller server should mean less competition for goods at the price of potentially higher AH prices - both for mats and rare drops i.e. Poseidus for instance), Unreasonable PvP expectations (hint: low pop PvP servers are generally taken because one likes occasional world PvP but does not expect to constantly be engaged in ganking wars), Zoning lag (nobody likes this), and the final problem which is that for all this shit it brings, it doesn't actually bring anything good.

Server mergers to make all servers medium or high pop would have been a much better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Wow is past it's prime.

The subscription model is basically dead.

If you honestly think anything Blizzard does will peak the subscribers over 10 million again you're dead wrong.

What is with you guys nitpicking everything to justify your own thoughts on the game?

Barely any of you think logically and you leave no room for anyone else's opinion, not to mention any sort of compromise.

I don't get it:/ wish I did. These forums would be much more enjoyable then.
    I am pretty sure if WOW went F2p tomorrow it would see over 10 million within week, but that is a discussion for another thread as a self appointed moderator you should know better.

im not an anti-crz person nor am i a pro-crz person so im just going to play devil's advocate. if crz's only function was to fill lower zones with people then what problem did that really solve? if not much has changed in the leveling process since i quit mid way thru cata then there really was no purpose to filling the low level zones other than to give players the illusion that the server was full.

there are virtually no group quests so theres really no reason to add people into a zone. thats just my opinion however
    Start playing a new MMO that has been out 2 years. Your FIRST thought will be´ this game is dead´... because a new player will spend 1-60 leveling through zones and not seeing anyone. THAT is the reason CRZ was invented.. it was so NEW PLAYERS could experience the first few months of their gametime playing an MMO and not a solo player game.

Yes, as experienced players with lvl 90s, this doesn´t matter. I love leveling through empty zones and it makes no difference to me that there are no other players... but for NEW PLAYERS... it is a different feeling playing in a dead world.

is crz enabled on pandaria? again, im neither a supporter nor a critic im just genuinely curious as to how people look at it and feel about it.

i suppose having new players see and interact with other people while leveling is a good thing but if the crz isnt enabled on pandaria then once they get there theyre all all alone again.
    its not active in pandaria but it doesnt need to be on most realms. crz will never be active on current content, however if you make friends with people you can invite them over to your server while grouped so if you make any friends it doesnt matter that theres no crz.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am pretty sure if WOW went F2p tomorrow it would see over 10 million within week, but that is a discussion for another thread as a self appointed moderator you should know better.
    It would for sure go way over 10m players, but i think subs would drop off to the low millions. I dont see ftp being a viable payment model until they are under 2m at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    it warns you when you make a pvp character that anyone can kill you at any time, however if they gank you for an extensive amount of time you can report them and they will get banned for harrasment
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Your FIRST thought will be´ this game is dead´... because a new player will spend 1-60 leveling through zones and not seeing anyone. THAT is the reason CRZ was invented.. it was so NEW PLAYERS could experience the first few months of their gametime playing an MMO and not a solo player game.
    CRZ doesn't solve that problem either, the world feels more awkward, and people will just treat you like shit cross-realm and you get a lot more ganking when before while there was ganking, it was in more controlled amounts. The zoning lag makes the game feel years old.

If Blizzard truly wanted to solve that problem, they would solve the low-pop servers problem instead of a band-aid fix.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    CRZ doesn't solve that problem either, the world feels more awkward, and people will just treat you like shit cross-realm and you get a lot more ganking when before while there was ganking, it was in more controlled amounts. The zoning lag makes the game feel years old.

If Blizzard truly wanted to solve that problem, they would solve the low-pop servers problem instead of a band-aid fix.
    but that doesnt solve that problem >_< even on high pop servers those zones are empty because like 80% of the playerbase are at level cap and never go there except on the off chance you and random person are both leveling an alt at the same time in the same zone or some high level player is redoing profs.

and no crz doesnt make people treat you like shit, has that happened? yeah but its not as common as people make it out to be

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It would for sure go way over 10m players, but i think subs would drop off to the low millions. I dont see ftp being a viable payment model until they are under 2m at the least.
    Without going into too much detail and derailing the thread I am not so sure this would be the case SWTOR now has just under 500k subs if what has been written they were at 350k before going F2P so that is an almost 50% increase. I am not saying WOW would see the same kind of growth simply due the size differential but it is by no means certain that going F2P would see a huge decrease in subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    but I can solo almost everything already at level 90. what would be the point?
    Because a lot of players would like to see the content as it was intended to be done (nearly). I do AQ40 and MC every week for the vanity pets... and killing bosses is like killing normal mobs at 90.. there are no mechanisms, and you dont´even see phases or the voice acting or nothing. Again, i don´t think this is a HUGE featue, and it doesn´t have to be since the tech was already done for other things... but it will be a nice addition to the game, a lot of players joined after BC, and it will be nice for them to at least semi-experience vanilla and BC raids.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:31 PM ----------

is crz enabled on pandaria? again, im neither a supporter nor a critic im just genuinely curious as to how people look at it and feel about it.

i suppose having new players see and interact with other people while leveling is a good thing but if the crz isnt enabled on pandaria then once they get there theyre all all alone again.
    Panda zones are populated without CRZ. I think they already hinted that when the next expansion launches, Panda zones will be CRZ´d.