Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Because a lot of players would like to see the content as it was intended to be done (nearly). I do AQ40 and MC every week for the vanity pets... and killing bosses is like killing normal mobs at 90.. there are no mechanisms, and you dont´even see phases or the voice acting or nothing. Again, i don´t think this is a HUGE featue, and it doesn´t have to be since the tech was already done for other things... but it will be a nice addition to the game, a lot of players joined after BC, and it will be nice for them to at least semi-experience vanilla and BC raids.
    To a certain extent I agree but I cannot help but feel that going from being able to kill Ragnaros in MC in less than 10 seconds to needing a raid is going to feel like a step backwards for many. I think if the new feature is going to feature old raids it will that raids are available through LFR whilst levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Wow is past it's prime.
    MOP was a terrible expansion. I doubt that the devs even enjoyed making it.

Pandas in Wonderland!

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    The only way this downscaling thing is going to work out is if

1) There is a cross realm LFG queue for it

2) Transmog/Vanity rewards for completing raids whie downscaled

Both of those have to be in place for this to not be a total waste of time. Also if anyone is thinking that MoP level 60 MC will be the same difficulty as Vanilla level 60 MC, probably not even close. The game has changed so much that almost all the fights from vanilla-wotlk can be trivialized with new mechanics/spells added since then.
    I don´t think it will be as difficult, not even close... but it will be similar to LFR. You can probably ignore some of the mechanisms, but not the main ones, you will have to deal with adds.. but most importantly, you will get to see phases and the main points of the encounters.

Even when I solo Naxx10 for the vanity pets, I never see phases or mechanisms... most boss fights last 15 seconds.

I think what they are shooting for is more like and LFR-type feel for the old raids. You aren´t going to be expected to wipe for 2 hours on each boss to learn it.

all I hope for at this point is:Get Engineers our new sodding TOYS already.. >.<.

Nice, getting content out faster will be great for progression guilds. 5.4 coming out sooner than later is a great idea. More content as i am sure most people have cleared already, at least normals, are waiting for content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Pandas in Wonderland!
    MOP IS a great expansion... I enjoyed playing it (a bit more than BC, a bit less than WotlK).

Now what? But thanks for your constructive argument.

It will most probably be a system allowing you to run previous expansion's raids at maximum level for (probably random) gear of decent quality.

Wow has an immense amount of old world raids and blizzard is a fool for not implementing such a system sooner.

About the mentoring system, i highly doubt it - the BoA already makes leveling so fast that any further development for "faster leveling" is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Nah, I think losing 1.3 million subs is a pretty good indicator that this xpac has been a disaster and it's time to try a another reset and hope for better results.
    Don´t be stupid. They INCREASED revenues this quarter. The 1.3M subscribers were mostly from china because of the launch of a new, high-quality F2P game that was created there and supported highly in all the internet cafe´s. It already has like 20M players in China.

Blizzard has stated the sub losses were mostly from China AND they beat earnings expectations.... that is a sure sign that there isn´t much of a problem with USA/EU.

Pandas in Wonderland!
    And you base this off of what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

Pandas in Wonderland!
    I wouldn't have said this months ago, but im starting to agree in some aspects. There are a lot of better ideas for an xpac then what mop brought us. I think they did a fantastic job making it as interesting as they could though. The fact that MoP was as good as it is on such a weak idea, and the dev team getting bigger and releasing faster patches makes me think that the next expansion will be simply amazing if it has some good lore. I like the lore of MoP, but its nothing compared to tbc or wrath. They did a good job presenting what they had to work with.

Deleted
    Big Unannounced Feature

I'm not claiming that I know it but I received some strong hints and made an account only to post this.
    -> Cross faction raids

I made the link when I heard them talking about the unbalanced server problem, horde/alliance unbalanced problem and how the Garrosh raid would fix this problem temporarily.

Remember, you heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.

But, yes, I'm not surprised we'll be seeing it so soon after 5.3's launch, as far as we can gather from previous Blizzard statements, 5.4 should be out before the end of summer.
    DANCE STUDIO?!

But I'm actually surprised at the rate Blizz is pushing content out for Pandaland. A major content patch every two or so months, I think the IoT patch was the 'longest' time between patches, and even then it wasn't so long. And for the most part the patches have been pretty high quality, I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wouldn't have said this months ago, but im starting to agree in some aspects. There are a lot of better ideas for an xpac then what mop brought us. I think they did a fantastic job making it as interesting as they could though. The fact that MoP was as good as it is on such a weak idea, and the dev team getting bigger and releasing faster patches makes me think that the next expansion will be simply amazing if it has some good lore. I like the lore of MoP, but its nothing compared to tbc or wrath. They did a good job presenting what they had to work with.
    Ya the original Dev's all moved to Titan, and i think that would make MOP, their first xpansion on their own.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by misterbeefy117 View Post
    DANCE STUDIO?!

But I'm actually surprised at the rate Blizz is pushing content out for Pandaland. A major content patch every two or so months, I think the IoT patch was the 'longest' time between patches, and even then it wasn't so long. And for the most part the patches have been pretty high quality, I'm surprised.
    Ya it is nice getting some content and 5.4 coming out faster will be good for progression guilds who have already cleared content waiting for more content.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Ya the original Dev's all moved to Titan, and i think that would make MOP, their first xpansion on their own.
    Funny you say this because a recent Tweet said most of the devs from TBC are still working on WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Pandas in Wonderland!
    yeah a wonderland filled with lovecraftian horrors and their loyal insect minions, brutal wild tribes whos main fighting style is throwing boiling oil on their enemies then setting them on fire, or a race of beings created by the titans to fight the old gods who believe that its their right to enslave the world, and not to mention the war we brought to their land or not to mention the secret military shado pan who train all their lives in order to block out emotion and fight with no feeling or that dragon who keeps tellling us were all gonna die because we cant manage to get our shit together and that the world will be drenched in blood if we dont sort this out before demons come and kill all of us.

nope pandaria is all just hozen beach parties and virmen saying "you no take carrot you take turnip instead"

mists of pandaria is one of the darkest and perhaps most important in the grand scale of the story so far

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:44 PM ----------

Ya it is nice getting some content and 5.4 coming out faster will be good for progression guilds who have already cleared content waiting for more content.
    all of the original devs have been working on wow again since atleast mists.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To a certain extent I agree but I cannot help but feel that going from being able to kill Ragnaros in MC in less than 10 seconds to needing a raid is going to feel like a step backwards for many. I think if the new feature is going to feature old raids it will that raids are available through LFR whilst levelling.
    I agree completely. GC already said this isn´t a huge new system like LFD or LFR. My honest opinion is that most people will maybe do each raid once, and that is only if there is a queue system. But the big point I think is that this was a very easy thing for them to add since they already did the major tech for other things ( challange modes - ilvl scaling, low level bgs - character scaling). It will be a new feature that isn´t used much, but didn´t cost them much to add either. The only mistake they made is that GC talked about it so secretly, because it raised expectations and hype about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    MOP IS a great expansion...
    The recent 1.3 million sub loss says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you base this off of what?
    Subscription numbers.

Would you rather have a dark knight who raises the dead or talking pandas?

I think that MOP is a really well-made terrible expansion. IMO, they made the wrong expansion. Hopefully Blizzard make up for it next expansion. I'm actually looking forward to Blizzcon now. I loved TBC and Wrath and am looking forward to a darker expansion that's true to Warcraft's roots.

LOL the lore in tbc was god awful. tbc pretty much ruined huge swaths of lore from warcraft 3
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Funny you say this because a recent Tweet said most of the devs from TBC are still working on WoW.
    For starters, Sams said that "Titan" is Blizzard's most ambitious project to date — which must be pretty ambitious considering this is the company that brought us not only "WoW," but the international hits "StarCraft" and "Diablo."

And speaking of "WoW," Sams said he expects "Titan" to eclipse "World of Warcraft" (a game that currently boasts more than 12 million subscribers), and added that they expect the game's reach to be "greater than anything that we've done before."

"We think that it's going to be very impactful in our industry and, we hope, very impactful to the world," Sams said. "The thing that we hope will happen is that it will not stop 'World of Warcraft' but we believe will eclipse it."

And Sams pointed out that many of the people on the "Titan" team are the people who built "WoW." But with those employees being shifted over to "Titan" and so much focus being heaped on the forthcoming game, does this mean Blizzard plans to back away from supporting "WoW"?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Don´t be stupid. They INCREASED revenues this quarter. The 1.3M subscribers were mostly from china because of the launch of a new, high-quality F2P game that was created there and supported highly in all the internet cafe´s. It already has like 20M players in China.

Blizzard has stated the sub losses were mostly from China AND they beat earnings expectations.... that is a sure sign that there isn´t much of a problem with USA/EU.
    They did not increase revenue this quarter if you look at the non-GAAP figures which does not include deferred income from box sales it was $22 million, 9%, down like for like.