Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    LOL the lore in tbc was god awful. tbc pretty much ruined huge swaths of lore from warcraft 3
    i dont think the lore in TBC was awful but its all a matter of opinion anyways. as someone who enjoys the lore i can safely say that there really isnt anything that jumps out and grabs me about the story of MoP that wants me to play

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Oh look, a fantasy universe that does not need to take itself completely seriously all the time. Why should this even bother anyone?
    Too bad for Terry Pratchett that nobody likes non-serious fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But WOW has happily existed along side Fantasy Westward Journey and Westward Journey II which are both larger and operated by Netease why has Age of Wushu suddenly taken subs?
    I think it's too early to tell why Age of Wushu has taken subs. Maybe someone who lives in China can explain the game to us.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

blizzard has never mentioned titan being an e-sport ever the only place this was ever mentioned was in fake leaked info that the poster of the leak admitted was false.

in 2012 blizzard was looking for someone to hire that had experience in putting ingame ads into a new mmo, they have also talked about possible connecting it to facebook in someway, and have been quoted as calling titan a "drop in drop out very casual style game"

all signs point to titan being free to play from what we know and very casual
    Wow is very casual and WOw will be left the casual and bad players, Titan will be and E-sport so they can be represented again in the E-sport Community, and actual a real game without the whiners. We will see at blizzcon as i will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think it's too early to tell why Age of Wushu has taken subs. Maybe someone who lives in China can explain the game to us.
    They have been people from China on this forum talking about why MOP is not doing well much of which has to do with how horribly stereotyped it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Close, tis will be mentoring System allowing for you to adjust Level as well as Item Level!
    If it's this, and it is a good guess, I wonder if they'll bring back removed rewards like the plagued protodrake and titles like Hand of A'dal and the Undying, etc, for people who do the appropriate raids on level and on ilevel. I know it still won't be exactly the same, since game systems have changed since then, but it would be a pretty solid compromise, IMO.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

They have been people from China on this forum talking about why MOP is not doing well much of which has to do with how horribly stereotyped it is.
    I know, I've seen them. But what I'm trying to get is what makes Age of Wushu special.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Wow is very casual and WOw will be left the casual and bad players, Titan will be and E-sport so they can be represented again in the E-sport Community, and actual a real game without the whiners. We will see at blizzcon as i will be there.
    so basically you are taking opinion over what blizzard themselves have said?

starcraft and blizzard all stars will be their esport. not their new mmo.

whenever blizzard talks about esports they are always talking about starcraft and all stars because guess what are the two popular genres of esports? rts games and mobas.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm assuming the big unannounced feature will be the ability to scale your characters level/gear to whatever zone or raid or dungeon you are in allowing people to play with lower level friends. Something I personally don't care about and will get 0 use out of, but I'm sure a lot of people will like it.

I hope the "Big Unannounced Feature" is something like player housing or something everyone would want to do.

id say its the marketing. chinese people take alot of pride in their country and chinese born celebrities have alot of power when it comes to getting people interested in stuff.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    MOP is also terrible.
    Just your opinion. The only reason I (and thousands, if not millions) of others play this game is for the raiding content. MoP has been the best expansion ever for raiding (my opinion). Actually, 2nd best. TBC is still the best to me (minus the disaster that was Hyjal).

WoW loses subs because it is old as hell. No game in the history of gaming has kept a playerbase as strong as WoW has for this many years. It is unreal how many people continue to give Blizzard money every month to play with so many other options available. I doubt we will ever see a Phenomenon like WoW ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I hope the "Big Unannounced Feature" is something like player housing or something everyone would want to do.
    Beyond the near-impossibility of finding something everyone would be interested in, GC has already said on twitter that the new feature would excite some and be "meh" to others. So it sounds like it's expected to be niche, rather than universal. Which probably makes sense...something they thought might be more universally exciting, they'd probably save as a selling feature for the next expansion.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I know, I've seen them. But what I'm trying to get is what makes Age of Wushu special.
    I don't know but I really don't think that it is behind the decline in subs in China players might have left to play it but I think this more to with WOW pushing them away that AOW attracting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by how fast previous patches have been on the PTR, mostly on how fast 5.2 went up after 5.1, it should be about 3 weeks, perhaps 2 after 5.3 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I don't know but I really don't think that it is behind the decline in subs in China players might have left to play it but I think this more to with WOW pushing them away that AOW attracting them.
    i think you vastly underestimate the power of a good marketing campaign featuring people who are incredibly influential on people and the product itself is also free in a country where most people dont make very much money.

i think you vastly underestimate the power of a good marketing campaign featuring people who are incredibly influential on people and the product itself is also free in a country where most people dont make very much money.
    So why doesn't WOW have this good marketing campaign? People will always rush to check out a new product and it remains to be seen whether AOW will keep hold of all of those players but it still does not change the fact that people are turning their backs on WOW in the millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Preferably more in the 5-6 months mark.
    Well, let's be realistic. The last two expansion's beta periods lasted each 6 months. So 7-8 months is more realistic.

Deleted
    I think it will be something to do with dead realms as that would be awesome for some and completely meh for me

So why doesn't WOW have this good marketing campaign? People will always rush to check out a new product and it remains to be seen whether AOW will keep hold of all of those players but it still does not change the fact that people are turning their backs on WOW in the millions.
    i dont know, maybe you should ask netease who runs wow in china why they dont reach out to celebrities over there?

all i know is that age of wushu is endorsed by multiple chinese celebrities and jet li is currently the "face" of age of wushu and its main spokesperson and that chinese born celebrities have a huge sway over public opinion over there that combined with the fact that its free and wow isnt makes for an appealing game to chinese players.

also age of wushu isnt the only culprit, lol is becoming huge over there as well among the hardcore cafe players