10+ Year Old Account

is there a new hack or something? interrupt

Doing 2s yesterday for points and faced a few teams that seemed to instantly interrupt as in I didn't even get a cast bar to come up and I was already interrupted?
    It was also happening every time they had interrupt off cd

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Doing 2s yesterday for points and faced a few teams that seemed to instantly interrupt as in I didn't even get a cast bar to come up and I was already interrupted?
    It was also happening every time they had interrupt off cd
    Was it dk/rshaman by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it was actually lol.. also a lock and rsham team too

Yeah, its been around for a while.

yeah it was actually lol.. also a lock and rsham team too
    That dk comp is the most frustrating thing to play against if you're a caster. All windows of opportunity are shut down, and if you somehow get one they'll have cd's up again to stop it. If they play it right you'll get very few if any hardcasts out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to fake cast tbh, but im not sure you get what I mean as to fake cast is to start then cancel your cast yeah? soon as I start the cast as in press 1 auto interrupt instantly..
    just found this on youtube and this is in patch 5.1 sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Not sure why it says back, it never went away?

And yeah it's exactly what I mean. The interrupt is quite slow if you check your video, easy to fake.
    Not sure if you watched the whole video, but that interrupt isn't slow..

In the video, he interrupts a Healing Surge before it even reaches 1/5th of the cast.

I'm not saying you couldn't fake it with a /stopcast, /cast Heal macro that you're double tapping, but don't try and say that it's super slow.

Not sure why it says back, it never went away?

And yeah it's exactly what I mean. The interrupt is quite slow if you check your video, easy to fake.
    You can't honestly say that the last cast of that game was not from an interrupt hack.

I'm saying it's super slow for the purposes of fake casting it and you can do it 100 % of the times without a macro by just starting the cast and moving. You need two fingers and use them to press two buttons in succession, done.
    Im not sure what kind of interrupt hacks you've seen but the ones ive run into are literally impossible to fakecast. You are interrupted before you even see a castbar and ive tried canceling simultaneously and they still get it. Its rare, ive only seen it maybe 3 times this expac but its kind of rediculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    earlier in AV i was fighting this hunter 1v1, and he interupted me perfectly everytime, no delay at all.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after researching it I have actually found what it is.. you can set it up to only interrupt certain things or so that it does it to everything casted.. including a delay of 0ms to % until it does it.. I don't even think its something Blizz could stop if it wanted to

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:52 PM ----------

This is it with titles removed etc..

15+ Year Old Account
    It came back into popularity in MoP beta - a new version of an old hack. Zippoflames is describing a very different version than the one I'm familiar with.

The version I'm familiar with does the following:

- it tracks a very specific portion of your screen for a specific pixel colour, by matching the portion of the screen to where your enemy cast bars are, and the pixel colour to the cast bar - anytime it sees any cast occurring, it instantly kicks (faster than your eye can see). The author recommends putting a kg_panel underneath the cast bar (a box of colour so the world doesn't randomly set off your kick if the colour matches a wall or something).

- it can be set up in this way (using multiple keybinds / enemy cast bars) to kick any caster in range (it will try to kick all casts by anyone, but won't be in range otherwise)

- because it is a third party program, WoW's Warden anti-hack program should be able to detect it. Since it's still going around (I fought against it in a game last week), I kind of assume they don't care. It should only require that they track the application name and signature, doesn't seem very difficult to me.

The more elaborate version Zippoflames is describing would have to actually interact with the WoW LUA, which seems really invasive for a hack - it should be even easier to detect.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I tweeted ghostcrawler and holinka both with the thread where the programme comes from so hopefully they can look into it.
    It also seems to be used in pve so hopefully as they care more about pve over pvp they break it.

I tweeted ghostcrawler and holinka both with the thread where the programme comes from so hopefully they can look into it.
    It also seems to be used in pve so hopefully as they care more about pve over pvp they break it.
    they won't its been around in various forms for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    - because it is a third party program, WoW's Warden anti-hack program should be able to detect it. Since it's still going around (I fought against it in a game last week), I kind of assume they don't care. It should only require that they track the application name and signature, doesn't seem very difficult to me.
    Warden won't be able to pick it up because it doesn't read/write memory. It simply looks for a colour then triggers the key to be pressed. It is the same way colour Aimbots work in Counter Strike, where when it sees the colour of the enemy it instant triggers your shoot button, it doesn't directly mess with the game in any way therefore it is undetectable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Warden won't be able to pick it up because it doesn't read/write memory. It simply looks for a colour then triggers the key to be pressed. It is the same way colour Aimbots work in Counter Strike, where when it sees the colour of the enemy it instant triggers your shoot button, it doesn't directly mess with the game in any way therefore it is undetectable.
    All programs read/write memory. Warden doesn't just scan for programs interacting with WoW's alloted memory (though those are the easy ones to catch), it scans all programs for how they are acting - and can blacklist certain executable names or memory usage patterns (like the ESEA client, which can detect triggerbots).

All they should need is a copy of the hack, and they can add the executable name (preventing most people from continuing to use it, and immediately identifying who was using it) - but more important is to add a signature for how it screen captures differently than say.. FRAPS (another program which also monitors your screens pixels when WoW is maximized). That would mean even if they change the executable name, it would still get detected because it's still behaving the same way.

Doing the above would only really be a good solution for catching a wave of hackers all at once, and then taking action against them - the only meaningful action would likely be a ban (since even a one month suspension would be a slap on the wrist in a world where most hardcore WoW'rs have multiple accounts). Going after interrupt hackers would only set a precedent and expectation for them to go after teleport hackers and rating exploiters and the like.

What's more likely is that they actually have a copy of the hack, Warden actually knows who is running it, and so many hackers are out there - that they looked at how many subscriptions they would potentially lose by banning people and decided against it, because pissing the rest of us off with their inaction is the lower of the two risks. Sad but, probably the case
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-18 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they won't do anything about it in pvp because half the dragonslayers use the same thing in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    All programs read/write memory. Warden doesn't just scan for programs interacting with WoW's alloted memory (though those are the easy ones to catch), it scans all programs for how they are acting - and can blacklist certain executable names or memory usage patterns (like the ESEA client, which can detect triggerbots).

-snip-
    I'm not claiming to know anything about programming, but if the interrupt truly just looks for colours then triggers your interrupt key as you suggest then it doesn't need any interaction with the game and will forever be undetectable, because from my memory it is illegal or something for Blizzard to allow Warden to scan your computer for running programs or anything. If it was as simple as that then bots and hacks would barely exist, but they do exist in just about every game ever made.

I'm not sure how the ESEA anti-cheat works and I'd assume the only person who does is the person who created it and I know how external Triggerbots work in that they only read memory so are able to stay undetected from VAC but not ESEA, so I'd assume ESEA is able to detect programs reading memory. Colour aimbots would still work in ESEA if it wasn't for the sv_pure restrictions. Simply put, a colour hack in any form whatsoever is forever undetectable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm not claiming to know anything about programming, but if the interrupt truly just looks for colours then triggers your interrupt key as you suggest then it doesn't need any interaction with the game and will forever be undetectable, because from my memory it is illegal or something for Blizzard to allow Warden to scan your computer for running programs or anything. If it was as simple as that then bots and hacks would barely exist, but they do exist in just about every game ever made.
    There is nothing illegal about processes scanning what other processes on your computer are doing so long as you agree to the terms and conditions of the game (all that fine print that people scroll past and click "Accept" to, without reading). It's the whole point of client-side anticheat clients like ESEA and Punkbuster and Warden. It's illegal when a company like Sony or Electronic Arts makes their games do this ostensibly as part of DRM, when really they aren't even scanning for hacks (often to single player games, no less) - and then report back usage patterns and internet browsing history for their own marketing / nebulously evil purposes.

Sony even went one step further and rootkitted their customers machines, giving them the power to sieze control of their customers computers and ... who knows? I don't even think they know why they did it - probably just because it sounded like something an evil corporation would do - and that's what they aspire to be, I guess.

I'm not sure how the ESEA anti-cheat works and I'd assume the only person who does is the person who created it and I know how external Triggerbots work in that they only read memory so are able to stay undetected from VAC but not ESEA, so I'd assume ESEA is able to detect programs reading memory. Colour aimbots would still work in ESEA if it wasn't for the sv_pure restrictions. Simply put, a colour hack in any form whatsoever is forever undetectable.
    A colour hack is still detectable, on a computer - nothing is undetectable - especcially while active / running. All triggerbots need to monitor the screen just the same way screen capture programs like FRAPS do, anything that is monitoring your screen activity is traceable. Conversely, all keyboard inputs are traceable - which is why it's also possible to identify people using key-click programs to level their professions and the like.

For games that really care about stopping hackers, hackers are actually pretty well stopped (such as Counter-strike / Source / Global Offensive under ESEA) - but it takes an active effort all the time to stop it, and it has to be intrusive and monitor everything every program on your computer is doing (which requires you consenting, but everyone just clicks Accept anyways). Say you name your interrupt hack as interrupthack.exe, if we blacklist that - and tell Warden to flip out anytime interrupthack.exe is active while WoW.exe is also active - all a hacker has to do is rename it to interrupthack_1.exe, and it will work again (or we can name it welkrjlkfdsopfsdfj.exe, or we can even have a program invent its own random name every time it starts up) - so stopping them has to be a constant effort.

Without severe penalties (ie. bans, 1 month plus suspensions, arena rating / achievement wipes, etc) - slap on the wrist responses will often still be worthwhile for cheaters anyways - the real problem isn't whether Warden can detect cheats - it's whether Blizzard is willing to ban what... 500k-1M paying subscribers to be rid of cheaters. When they were at the height of their market - during WotLk maybe - it would have been worthwhile, but now WOW is just a cashcow until Titan comes out - their goal (from a business perspective) should just be to maintain as many subscriptions as long as possible.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-19 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    This explains a thing or two about a game i had today on my lock.
    Don't think i got a single hard cast of that wasn't instantaneously interrupted. At first i though i got blanket silenced somehow.