Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's mine, pretty sure most of you won't like them, too:

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

Machine girl (japanese Kataude mashin gâru)

New Kids Turbo

New Kids Nitro

Freddy got fingered

Romance X

Zombie Strippers

I could go on, but someone will start hate on me then...

Deleted
    I like really bad b list moves. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780583/ is up there as being a good one.

You know the ones where like the dinosaurs are iguanas or theres a giant cgi spider? Proper bad ones but they will always have a cheeky one liner in there thats classic. I remember watching some b list zombie film and this black guy finds a sword to fight the zombies with and crys out 'by the power of greyskull' to the guy he was hiding with. Fucking amazingly bad.

Deleted
    The Human Centipede - loved how ridiculous it was. The 2nd one however put me off food for a month...

Supergirl - My favorite Superhero movie. Don't need fancy effects, good acting or good story. The chemistry between Faye Dunaway and Peter O'Toole is just brilliant.

Pretty much anything with "insert pretty boy actor" here yet the film is terrible, I never notice too busy with the eye candy.

Oh, and Freddy got fingered (rocket powered wheelchair...) and Not Another Teen Movie (hit and miss, but the scene when the main girl is painting a childlike picture of her mum and Chris Evans says "you have her eyes" cracks me up every time).
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-05-18 at 01:30 AM.

I can name more movies I hate that other people like then I like and others hate but let me think I know of a few.
    punisher- with thommas jane. I thought he was a great frank castle and the story was spot on to his origin.
    the bill and ted adventures loved them and people,gated them thought they were dumb
    league of extraordinary gentlemen I thought it was fun to watch.
    dark knight rises I love the use of bane but few friends didn't like it. we did agree it was rushed and the story coukd have been better.

movies I hate people love: matrix, Napoleon dynamite, xmen trilogy, fight club, and ill end it with taladega nights. rhose are a few that I hate that people love

10+ Year Old Account
    Dune (1984)

It was dissimilar enough from the book that most hardcore Frank Herbert fans didn't like it, but at the same time virtually impenetrable to anyone who hadn't read the series. It fell into that unfortunate middle ground where neither people who had read nor people who hadn't read the book really enjoyed it. The director, David Lynch, even tried to distance himself from the finished product by using a pseudonym in the credits of some versions instead of his real name. The movie was long, confusing, and it could be argued that it missed the point of the book entirely (Herbert's criticism of blindly following false prophets).

But you know what? I like it. I liked it when I first saw it as a kid and I think it still holds up today. Yes it's bizarre, yes it is a little arcane, but I saw it before I had ever read any of the Dune books and it got me interested in the series. I love the over-the-top "gross out" Baron, because I think he should be an over-the-top gross out character. I like the synthesized other-worldly soundtrack. I like the epic screenplay and the mysterious whispering sound of the characters' inner-monologues. I love the set and costume design, and the creature effects are great (or were for the time). It's eminently quotable, and if you're willing to forgive some of the silliness, it really sucks you in.

Maybe it's nostalgia speaking, but I still enjoy this movie a lot. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm attracted to epics about charismatic figures leading revolts in the desert... I saw Lawrence of Arabia when I was like nine years old and it quickly became one of my favorite films - still is to this day. That's a much better film than Dune, admittedly, but I like to think of Dune as being a nice mix of an "out there" Lynchian aesthetic and an epic desert saga along the lines of Lawrence.

Flawed? Sure. Unpopular? Yeah. I'll still defend it all day long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Dune (1984)
    That's a good one. It doesn't even fall into cult movie category since even the cultists hate it! I loved it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of mine have a strong dose of fourth-wall breaking and surrealism, but most audiences and reviewers seem to have missed out on the joke.

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Andrew Dice Clacy at his best. Ed O'Neil, Priscilla Presley, Lauren Holly, and Robert Englund. Plus they kill Gilbert Gottfried. A lot of subtle (yeah, I know, subtle, in this movie) touches and little in-jokes.

Hudson Hawk
    I think this film was marketed wrong. Most people saw it expecting Die Hard II because that's how the advertising sold it, and instead ended up watching the crazy, bizarre and self-indulgent film. I laughed all the way through.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shao Lin vs. Evil Dead. I think this is one of the funniest movies ever made.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan A.E.

Shut up.

Deleted
    The Avengers - Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman, Sean Connery. Most think it is terrible and boring, I agree, but I find it has the "so bad it's good factor" and enjoy repeat viewings (but not too often).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Andrew Dice Clacy at his best.
    whoa whoa, better than Brain Smasher: A Love Story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    whoa whoa, better than Brain Smasher: A Love Story?
    I hadn't even heard of that one before. Going to watch it on Netflix this evening. Thank you!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Major League II

Caddyshack II

Death to Smoochy
    Oh you..

Actually, there are plenty of films which I enjoy that has been hauled by either critics or the like. I just can't name specifics.

Personally, I believe that Ben Stiller CAN NOT make a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Scary Movie 1 & 2 - Most people seem to hate all the "______ Movies", and I agree with most of them, but I enjoyed these ones.
    I don't think many people hated the first 2 Scary Movies, but the ones that came after are horrible. Haven't seen Scary Movie 5 yet, but I've heard nothing but negative reviews.

The Simpsons Movie - Not sure if a lot of people hated the movie, but I think it was a very good watch.

Deleted
    going back a few years now, but one i really enjoyed which got slated was universal soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    The Michael Bay Transformers movies.

Yeah, he tends to overly use explosions but I still like the plot/story. I just hate Meghan Fox isn't there now.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Even Star Trek V?
    Oh good lord I was watching this today. I lasted up to the point Kirk falls off the side of the mountain and just had to stop watching.

I've already been beaten to Little Nicky and Batman & Robin, so I'll chime in with Happy Gilmore. Freaking love that film. Oh and Starsky and Hutch.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Oh good lord I was watching this today. I lasted up to the point Kirk falls off the side of the mountain and just had to stop watching.

Deleted
    Spider-man 3.

I get why so many people hated it, the ridiculous emo Peter scenes are laughable and the way they forced Venom into the movie was stupid, but the parts that were good in the movie was very good. The Sandman was so well done, I actually felt for him because of the struggle he had to go through, and the effect used on him also looks pretty damn awesome. I feel like this movie would have been better off if they just had the plot center around Sandman, the black Spidy costume and Harry as the Green Goblin, and then save Vemon for a fourth movie instead of forcing him in.

I'm not sure if people are going to hunt me down with pitchforks for saying this, but I think Spider-man 3 (and the rest of the trilogy) was way better than The Amazing Spider-man, I for one would have prefered a Spider-man 4.

15+ Year Old Account
    StarWars Ep 1, 2 and 3
    Prince of Persia
    Fast Five

and there are many more too name

And now too turn things around things i hate that everyone else likes... Pulp Fiction
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog