Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde rebellion and Orcs

I'm an Orc and I like my Warchief. Why am I supposed to fight against Garrosh when I DON'T WANT TO?

Haha funny one . Me too!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I'm an Orc and I like my Warchief. Why am I supposed to fight against Garrosh when I DON'T WANT TO?
    Because not all orcs are idiots, who are too busy being bloodthirsty, brofisting morons who can't be arsed to realise that they don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell against the rest of the entire planet, no matter how many artifacts Garrosh unearths, or how many wierd creatures he enslaves. Garrosh is a powermongering, honourless idiot - who needs to be put down like the rabbid dog he is.

Also, story wise - no you do not like your Warchief. At all - because your character has seen his madness, his failed assassination attempts and how useless and mad he is - so no, you do not like him.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    You the player might like him, but the nature of MMO story progression often shoehorns the player character into mentalities the player may not share. Your character has seen Garrosh lose his mind and produce only failure after failure in the Pandaren Campaign while turning Orgrimmar into an oppressive police state where anyone who dares speak out against him are beaten, tortured, killed, or any combination of the three.

edit: If you really want to take part in 5.3 content, you can justify it as your character being a Kor'kron double agent and faking the kills to win the trust of the revolutionaries.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-05-19 at 04:35 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard wants you to
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because not all orcs are idiots, who are too busy being bloodthirsty, brofisting morons who can't be arsed to realise that they don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell against the rest of the entire planet, no matter how many artifacts Garrosh unearths, or how many wierd creatures he enslaves. Garrosh is a powermongering, honourless idiot - who needs to be put down like the rabbid dog he is.
    That's why I like him. He has flaws, unlike mary sue Varian and Jesus Anduin.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're acting like we've always had a choice in the direction of the story or our own character's opinions. Last I checked the entire Warcraft series has dictated how you must act and feel. If you want choice, Mass Effect/The Old Republic is for you o.O

That would be so cool if you had the option to fight by his side - and then horde and alliance would be enemy flagged to you... Like you could even anti-raid, you would randomly be added to a normal raid of the place (horde/alliance) and your would be like an npc roaming the halls. The NPCs would not bother you and all be green flagged, but the other 10/25 players would be rad flagged enemies, lol - you could even maybe control some npcs and pull them into the group. Haha - that is way too cool for Blizz to ever implement.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-05-19 at 04:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's clear that you don't know what a Mary Sue (stue) is. Varian is beyond flawed, same goes for Anduin who is so naive it borders on Frodo level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian was one of the most flawed characters in the factions before MoP. He's only very recently gotten his shit together.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    That would be so cool if you had the option to fight by his side - and then horde and alliance would be enemy flagged to you... haha - that is way too cool for Blizz to ever implement.
    It has nothing to do with cool factor... Honestly, grow up....

Op, there is no "choice" in mmorpgs, you get your quests as orders. Try a single player rpg if you want to affect the story the way you like it, you will find such games very satisfying.

I don't think you know what mary sue means.

I'm a death knight and I like my Lich King. Why am I supposed to fight against Arthas when I DON'T WANT TO?

Pretty much my same scenario . I Always wanted to stay with Arthas and the Scourge, and quest in northrend to fight against the Crusade and Horde/Alliance. Sadly Blizzard Always wants me to stick with the good guys, those n00bs Always need me

That's why I like him. He has flaws, unlike mary sue Anduin and Green Jesus Thrall.
    Fix't. Don't think Varian is a Mary Sue yet, but Thrall is wearing the crown right now. Anduin is coming close

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be so cool if you had the option to fight by his side - and then horde and alliance would be enemy flagged to you... haha - that is way too cool for Blizz to ever implement.
    Does wiping my raid on purpose count as helping Garrosh? Would I get loot from doing so?

It has nothing to
    It has nothing to do with cool factor... Honestly, grow up....
    Honestly, grow up....
    Wow.... being told to grow up on a video game thread on a video game forum. I could insult you now, but I think your stupidity is glaringly obvious, don't forget to have some fun when playing wow.

Let's keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-19 at 04:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm a death knight and I like my Lich King. Why am I supposed to fight against Arthas when I DON'T WANT TO?

Pretty much my same scenario . I Always wanted to stay with Arthas and the Scourge, and quest in northrend to fight against the Crusade and Horde/Alliance. Sadly Blizzard Always wants me to stick with the good guys, those n00bs Always need me

Fix't. Don't think Varian is a Mary Sue yet, but Thrall is wearing the crown right now. Anduin is coming close
    Thrall is not a Mary S(t)ue either - besides the Green Jesus thing was never fitting either, since if you really have to draw biblical paralells, then surely Green Moses would be more fitting.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:51 PM ----------

Wow.... being told to grow up on a video game thread on a video game forum. I could insult you now, but I think your stupidity is glaringly obvious, don't forget to have some fun when playing wow. do with cool factor...
    "Cool factor", honestly.... It has nothing to do with fun, or cool factor - it's because of the gameplay and the game mechanics. Imagine the million crying and whining posts from people who - initially - thought joining Garrosh was fun, only then to be killed over and over and over again, and being left unable to join HC's or Raids because they are now on the "wrong" side.

This is the problem with having an integral story in an MMORPG - you no longer have a choice. I haven't played through any of the Pandaren content but I've been following the story, and from what I can tell the player characters are nothing more than plot devices meant to help develop the NPC characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Varian a...Mary Sue?

Ok lads, now i have seen everything.

Deleted
    Problem here for me: I'm an Orc Warlock and I hate Garrosh, always have. But roleplay-wise, if we're going with the "evil" warlock my guy might like him.
    Guess I'll go with the "doing bad things for good reasons"-type of warlock, who believes in Thrall's vision but knows that to achieve them sometimes someone must do the dirty work, even if that means "giving up one's place in paradise". There, done. ^^

Any true, non-corrupted Shaman for example should hate or despise Garrosh though, seeing what he did with those evil elementals, against the 'orders' of the Earthen Ring.