Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uragos View Post
    1) I don't understand why Glyph of Illumination is not good enough. It has been my tormenting ever since MoP was released. I've been using the glyph excessively to test its worth using and I just can't find the reasons why its not good enough. I am most likely missing something out of the equation I just don't know what. I've been looking at Skada reports for all boss fights and I can see that the mana gained from Glyph of Illumination is most certainly a lot higher than 10% of what is lost from Seal of Insight. In all the bosses I try to melee as much as I can. Without a doubt Seal is insanely strong and without that mana gained I wouldn't be able to cope but at the same time I still require and need more and I pressume the glyph of Illumiation from what I've been reading is a mana loss and I struggle to understand how. Obviously for fights like Jin'rokh the glyph is stronger but let that boss aside lets take examples of bosses that you can melee 80%+ of the time, still Glyph of Illumination seems to be stronger than then 10% loss
    Holy Insight, not Seal of Insight there is a massive difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case you don't know what holy insight is.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112859/holy-insight

So embarrassing Thanks a lot for clearing this out guys. It was so obviously clear that I don't even know what to say. Derp is more like it

Makes perfect sense. Removing Glyph. Thank you.

Deleted
    I'm a bit late but about the glyph discussion earlier. I also feel like Divine Plea is very personnal, I like to use it on almost every fight, but on Tortos, Primordius or Dark Animus, I'm swapping it, because i feel like its not that good there.
    I personally think PotI is a bigger waste than Divine Plea...

I also would like to know how is purity good on puddle soaking ? The only use would be the 10% reduced damage... ? I rather have 2 HoP to use on casters during quills without doubt. I also don't use the DP glyph on this, but that's only because i'm lazy .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    I'd rather use Divine Plea and cast lightly for 9 seconds during a low damage phase over of standing in the same spot for 5 seconds(we aren't stacking haste, it will be closer to 5 seconds than 4). There are too many fights where you will go through long periods where you will not be able to stop and cast it, and you should be using it very close to on cooldown and this glyph will make it so you can't a lot of the time. Also many times the low periods of damage when you want to use divine plea fall into periods of movement. I find the glyph useless and considering I see more paladins not use it than use it, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. As I said in my original post, it is preference. Just don't pass it off as a mandatory glyph because it very much is not.
    Yea, you can also sleeping pot during a plea with no glyph.... On the other hand, if you break the cast with the glyph for an emergency heal you don't lose plea. very optional/fight dependent. Good example of where it's optional is durumu hc. I find the moments before the maze phase a perfect time to sit and cast for 4 secs cuz there's no damage, but on the other hand I have time for 2-3 pleas there, and never need to use a sleeping pot.

So basicly here is my logs from Lei shen 10 man (our first kill)
    Is there anything i can improve on with my holy paladin,have played holy for about half a year right now and would love some feedback and tips/tricks to improve my healing
    Here's WOL and Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Trews/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...?s=8469&e=9033
    (Number one rule always look for other posts before posting......)
    Last edited by Orasay1996; 2013-05-20 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Yea, you can also sleeping pot during a plea with no glyph.... On the other hand, if you break the cast with the glyph for an emergency heal you don't lose plea. very optional/fight dependent. Good example of where it's optional is durumu hc. I find the moments before the maze phase a perfect time to sit and cast for 4 secs cuz there's no damage, but on the other hand I have time for 2-3 pleas there, and never need to use a sleeping pot.
    I would leave it unglyphed for Durumu, after every phase (light or maze) there is a lull. It's also better because there's relatively constant movement (i.e. if you get targeted by lingering gaze), but there's another point (brought up elsewhere) which is that if both ways are usable, you might as well unglyph and take another glyph.

I never glyph Plea, but there are times where it might be more useful, Iron Qon comes to mind as a fight where you may need to emergency heal often (also, the 4 second cast is less brutal in the last phase), but the fight is not terribly difficult. I've found any fight where you move semi-frequently to be a poor fight for the glyph.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    (Number one rule always look for other posts before posting......)
    Number two rule, make sure your links work.

[edit] Found you anyway.

Gearing-wise, I would take Darkglow over Lightweave and 200 spirit over 80 stats.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-05-20 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    Should work now...
    I found you anyway, but to repost instead of edit:

* Gearing-wise, I would take Darkglow over Lightweave and 200 spirit over 80 stats.
    * Jin'rokh, it's easier to dance the first Lightning Storm (your raid has more room) and bubble the second. Not only do you have more room, but your raid having more room actually lessens the chance (unless your raid stacks and moves as a group) for bad lightning diffusions. That's assuming you can kill him before the third storm, which most guilds for progression IIRC would do right as the third storm was hitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I found you anyway, but to repost instead of edit:

* Gearing-wise, I would take Darkglow over Lightweave and 200 spirit over 80 stats.
    * Jin'rokh, it's easier to dance the first Lightning Storm (your raid has more room) and bubble the second. Not only do you have more room, but your raid having more room actually lessens the chance (unless your raid stacks and moves as a group) for bad lightning diffusions. That's assuming you can kill him before the third storm, which most guilds for progression IIRC would do right as the third storm was hitting.
    You don't really need any room. The simplest way of dodging balls during lightning storm is for the whole raid to move to the entrance door. There you can just strafe left/right with ease, instead of performing a dance dance revolution anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    I also would like to know how is purity good on puddle soaking ? The only use would be the 10% reduced damage... ? I rather have 2 HoP to use on casters during quills without doubt. I also don't use the DP glyph on this, but that's only because i'm lazy .
    You get the 75% damage reduction from Purity:

[23:53:16.568] Nachtwarrior gains Hand of Purity from Taintalust
    [23:53:16.931] Nachtwarrior afflicted by Feed Pool
    [23:53:17.916] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 23788 (A: 13801)
    [23:53:18.966] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 37590
    [23:53:19.921] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 33431 (A: 4159)
    [23:53:20.166] Unknown's Feed Pool fades from Nachtwarrior

No Purity:

[23:53:13.311] Nachtwarrior afflicted by Feed Pool
    [23:53:14.073] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior Absorb (139219)
    [23:53:14.359] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior Absorb (139218)
    [23:53:14.940] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 54389 (A: 84830)
    [23:53:15.368] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 139219
    [23:53:15.951] Unknown Feed Pool Nachtwarrior 139219
    [23:53:16.149] Unknown's Feed Pool fades from Nachtwarrior
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-05-20 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    Oh right, I was confused between the increased damage taken (Slimed) debuff and the dot debuff ! Not even sure this shows up as a debuff actually ?
    We don't soak much anyway
    Last edited by mmoc18206e4a1f; 2013-05-22 at 11:18 PM.

Hey people.

This is a general issue, cos I seem to heal the same way on any boss, but it's a lot more apparently on Horridon where I seem to be underperforming a lot to my own taste.

I recently reroll healer a few weeks into Throne of thunder, so my healing experience is limited, I do however have half decent reactions and everything is a matter of getting used to.

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B1t/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: None atm, I seem to be only using Holy Prism for the moment, except on Megeara, where I use the Lights hammer.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=68476 (all 12 wipes tonight)
    Questions, concerns, expectations: My biggest concern is my HPS, it feels very low considered my gear. I know of the "Rotation" of the Holy Shock or Cooldown wherever possible and Holy Radiance for extra Holy Power to coat the raid with Eternal Flames. However when doing so, I don't feel like I do enough "burst" healing, all the damage seems to be negated and I eventually do less than I would with just spot healing / LoD.

As well I feel like I got a lot of mana, and I can converse the mana pretty well which may be a reason as well I'm doing so poorly, I hardly use Divine Plea, as I'm afraid of the healing debuff that goes a long with it, I tried the Glyph during gearing and loved it, but has kinda jumped the bandwagon when it comes to glyphs.

Description of Playstyle:
    It's difficult to describe my playstyle as it varries from situation, I tend to Holy Radiance only when I know heavy damage is upon us. but what explains it best is my stream footage.

I streamed entire of last night, and I know I'm messing up on movement and such, (I always critique myself when it comes to stuff like that), but would give you a much better idea than what I can explain I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/mynten/b/407271586

First pull happens @ 1:20:00 (started pre shielding the tanks later on the night)

Apology for the girlfriend singing if it's possible to hear I hope to hear from you.

Thanks!

Get out of melee range on Horridon, that way you'll stop dying to melee mechanics (orbs, living poison). If you absolutely have to melee for mana, do it on Horridon (huge hitbox).

Other than that, try to plan for Dire Calls, and prioritize people with dot effects when the call is coming (also if people have aggro from a fixate/small mob, try to get them too). When War-God lands, use CD's and try to save Holy Avenger for the Dire Call/Bestial Cry combo. After War-God dies, your only concern is the tanks and your Direhorn Spirit until the next Dire Call comes; at that point everyone needs to pop personals, and try to get a shield on the raid so you don't lose people.

After that Dire Call it should be a free win, assuming the tanks stay up. You can BoP the tank after a swap to remove his stacks, that way he can taunt back earlier.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-05-23 at 09:32 PM.

How does one EF blanket the raid? I've tried but I end up losing a lot of my burst healing.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    How does one EF blanket the raid? I've tried but I end up losing a lot of my burst healing.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86172 procs help.

1. HS -> EF to someone taking dmg.
    2. HR mdps -> EF to someone taking dmg.
    3. If you get real lucky then DP may proc 3-4 times and EF each member.

is this a 10 or 25 man?

btw i love your avatar.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86172 procs help.

1. HS -> EF to someone taking dmg.
    2. HR mdps -> EF to someone taking dmg.
    3. If you get real lucky then DP may proc 3-4 times and EF each member.

is this a 10 or 25 man?

btw i love your avatar.
    I raid 10 man 2 hours a week with some friends and LFR weekly.

I'm slightly attached to LoD's burst healing potential.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Well you can't blanket the raid and burst heal with LoD. They compete. If you want to burst heal you need to stop blanketing for a little while and vice versa.

You've got a few choices when it comes to blanketing which depends on personal preference and encounter mechanics

You can either do it as 4-5 3HP EFs which will keep the tanks and you up amazingly, and a couple high priority targets
    You can do 2HP EFs which you can blanket the entire raid with given good RNG on DP, this can be useful on things like Megaera for a capped out bubble on the raid
    Or you can do 1HP EFs and then save up HP for bursty moments, I find this least effective as you're spending much more globals on weak heals, but some fights benefit from this

You will lose a lot of your burst healing though, thats just the nature of the style, its all about doing the most effective healing, and you're just making life easier for the other healers rather than necessarily solo healing the raid, so use it when you feel the comp benefits from that

What are the other healers you heal with that requires you to burst? If it's a disc, ok, I can see the need. But every other healing class has the "burst" coverage where you can smooth out the incoming damage by pre shields and spot healing.