10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I find LD to be miles better than Tobi. Personal opinions huh?
    Not every opinion is equal, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Not every opinion is equal, but whatever.
    can you not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Agreed, seems atleast half of my games someone leaves in the first 10 minutes. Ive no idea what the punishment is but it needs to be stricter.
    Or you could just have fun with it. I don't mind people leaving.
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2013-05-20 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    Or you could just have fun with it. I don't mind people leaving.
    Il still finish the game, i dont leave just because someone abandoned. Just annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    BTS is slightly better now that Merlini is there, but it shows that LD really needs a top tier co-caster in order to be good.
    How's that any different from JD? Tobi is a noisy, annoying soccer football announcer without a co-caster telling everyone why something happened and why it was important. At least LD isn't an annoying little prick, though I do think he's much better when he has a pro player co-casting with him. I like Lumi, but the dude's just a straight-up asshole a lot of the time... really unprofessional.

I've been listening to 2GD for the western qualifiers and haven't had issues with their coverage of the games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Tbh strongest point of GDStudio is having Draskyl with them.He almost has the knowledge and insight of a pro player being ex hon pro player himself while also being able to speak properly to the crowd without getting awkward and stuttering unlike co-casters tobi and ld bring with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    announcer
    That's the key word. He's actually casting properly, unlike most other "lead" casters. LD is really the only one who even comes close (and he's much more balanced than Tobi), and I consider him to be very good as well. The thing is, while LD himself is good, his co-casters...aren't. Even Lumi's been horrible as of late.

At least LD isn't an annoying little prick, though I do think he's much better when he has a pro player co-casting with him.
    I was only talking about casting teams. Tobi is, indeed, pretty poor by himself - while he's fully devoted to making the game exciting (and he's quite successful at doing that), his game sense and knowledge are both very bad. But at least he compensates for that by bringing in some very good co-casters, and he tends to synergize very well with most of them. Even when he's alone, he's extremely bearable simply because he's entertaining, as I personally do not need extra game insight in order to enjoy a cast.

I think what it all comes down to is whether you prefer excitement or analysis when selecting a casting team. I honestly prefer the former, simply because I can make most of the connections and whatnot myself (making most of 2GD's and BTS's efforts useless). Hell, if neither LD nor Tobi are casting a game (which is rare), I just shut off the commentary.

I like Lumi, but the dude's just a straight-up asshole a lot of the time... really unprofessional.
    Agreed. It's like he's fallen off a cliff lately. I don't particularly care about professionalism, but there's a clear difference between how he was just a short while ago and how he is now.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-05-20 at 03:10 PM.

I never realized people put this much effort into fanboying casters, this is quite interesting.

My first and last question would be - why do you need a caster at all? You can see everything that is happening yourself.

So I can play Diablo or watch TV shows while game is in the background? Once casters start screaming it's time to put the game back on:P Dota 2 casters are generally bad tbh, but they'll get better with time, just compare Starcraft 2 casters from 2011 and today.

10+ Year Old Account
    so yeah i definately believe dota tries to keep you 50/50, a few days ago i lost 10 games in a row, last couple of days im on a 10 game winning streak, back up to 50%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I never realized people put this much effort into fanboying casters, this is quite interesting.

My first and last question would be - why do you need a caster at all? You can see everything that is happening yourself.
    For entertainment and insight.

10+ Year Old Account

Entertainment, mostly. I can watch football with the sound off, too, but it's more fun with the announcers.

Watched some TI3 games. Saw a Razor picked to solo offlane against a Sylla... and he seemed to do pretty well, too. Went pretty neck and neck with Sylla for CS and since he was sucking damage out of the bear the entire time, Sylla couldn't faceroll him out of the lane once the bear is lvl 3. Seemed to have utility in teamfights by taking damage off the bear, too.

Who knows? If a support-carry like Razor becomes popular, maybe SB will too
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Entertainment, mostly. I can watch football with the sound off, too, but it's more fun with the announcers.
    Good point, I never cared for announcers in sports, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    So tired of disconnects and abandonments....what a torture and a waste of time,the consequences for such behaviour need to be much stricter.
    And connection checks need to be extended to the first 3 minutes of the game.How often do people disconnect right after the picks?It's baffling.

I'm keeping my reports for people who abandon now.There's nothing else that's more disturbing.
    For starters, how about not receiving any items? I never leave a game even if I end up being the only one on my team. But the most frustrating thing is that the people who leave are getting the loot. How does that make sense? You are rewarded for not finishing a match and that is just wrong imo.

I would propose the following. Whenever someone leaves and he would get loot, award that item to someone who did finish the game and thus giving some incentive to keep playing even if you lack a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I never leave a game even if I end up being the only one on my team.
    Do you mean that one of your teammates abandon the game and everyone in your team leaves and you still keep playing until opposing team gets your ancient? If that is the case you must be getting lots of hate speech :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    Do you mean that one of your teammates abandon the game and everyone in your team leaves and you still keep playing until opposing team gets your ancient? If that is the case you must be getting lots of hate speech :P
    I do that too, and it's great, because you're having a lot more fun than your opponents when they start raging at you.

Generally you cant though. Its nice that the qualifier games are free to watch, but any other tournament requires a ticket, and watching just the muted stream is even worse than listening to a bad caster.
    Only exception is blaze and vyrkormblabla or whatever he's called. These casters are so bad that I actually watch the muted stream
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I have 15 dota beta invites to give away, pm me the email you want me to send it to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You're still not supposed to. The whole abandonment system is in place so that if anyone who is seldom met with an emergency (or even has a rare case of rage) and has to leave mid-game can do so without fear of punishment and the rest of the players can leave and proceed to a new game. When someone leaves in your game you can assume that either they're pathological leavers and will probably be sent to low priority right away, or maybe they're someone like me with nearly 3000 games and maybe 3 (legitimate) abandons. It's not your place to demand that almighty gaben smites that player from heavens for wasting 15 minutes of your time.

If you read what the descriptions of the report categories in-game, you'll notice they're called "Communication", "Ability Abuse" and "Intentional Feeding." Did someone do something that doesn't belong to any of those 3 categories? Don't report it.
    1)the system isn't efficient enough because I still encounter too much disconnects/abandons
    2)people are openly reporting others because they are low-skilled

Those 2 reasons make it more then ok for me to report people for leaving the game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    For starters, how about not receiving any items? I never leave a game even if I end up being the only one on my team. But the most frustrating thing is that the people who leave are getting the loot. How does that make sense? You are rewarded for not finishing a match and that is just wrong imo.

I would propose the following. Whenever someone leaves and he would get loot, award that item to someone who did finish the game and thus giving some incentive to keep playing even if you lack a player.
    Isn't it impossible to get loot in an abandoned match?Long time I did one of those,it's a waste since anyone can ragequit without consequences.
    If that's the case,I like the spirit behind your idea but how would the extra loot be divided?
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-05-21 at 11:10 PM.