Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do you care so much that people are still having fun in this game? You're really overreacting whenever someone has a different opinion than you.
    Because I just can't take people hating on Vanilla when it was far more popular than MoP. I can't enjoy MoP just like I couldn't enjoy Cataclysm, too many decisions have been made that lessen the immersion for me. I've played since 2005 and my god the game has changed for the first most notably starting with LFD... That right there is when I started losing interest in the game.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The Golden Age = When everything felt new?

No, that won't ever come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Because I just can't take people hating on Vanilla when it was far more popular than MoP. I can't enjoy MoP just like I couldn't enjoy Cataclysm, too many decisions have been made that lessen the immersion for me. I've played since 2005 and my god the game has changed for the first most notably starting with LFD... That right there is when I started losing interest in the game.
    Then why not just stop using LFD? You want immersion then sit in a city for an hour looking for a tank and tell him he's going to have to walk there.
    That is what dungeons were like, that was not fun for me. Even more so being a warlock and having to always have soulshards to summon lazy ass people.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    oh man I would really suck if they decided to make the game bad... so I hope it weill never go back to what it was.

Deleted
    This pretty much. I try to respect others opinions but I do take issue with the same people telling me that 'Vanilla was shit, take off the nostalgia goggles idiot' also telling me to leave them alone to enjoy what they like and to stop forcing my opinions on them.

The same people straight out argue that Legacy servers shouldn't exist because they don't like them, while spinning some excuses about it taking resources away from the main game (it really wouldn't).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I doubt it. WoW, the real WoW, died at the end of wotlk. Cata and MoP are wrecks.

I don't expect wow to ever recover. It went from 12 mil subs in the golden age: wotlk, to 8 mil in mop and it will continue to go down as the devs have no fucking clue what they did to make wow great and don't know how to bring it back.

Even I am only playing wow right now, or at least trying hard to keep myself interested, because I really got nothing else to play nor is anything big announced until winter, which is a very long time from now. I expect I will be heading to Wildstar the second they allow preorders and closed beta access.
    In your opinion.
    Some 8 millions people don't agree with you.

As I see it the game is just getting better and better for each expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why not just stop using LFD? You want immersion then sit in a city for an hour looking for a tank and tell him he's going to have to walk there.
    That is what dungeons were like, that was not fun for me. Even more so being a warlock and having to always have soulshards to summon lazy ass people.
    Here's the funny thing, we all did it and we made friends on our servers, a sense of community and in an MMO that's a huge thing. I'll be honest, I rarely had to sit a whole hour LF a tank, yeah maybe for a few select instances that nobody ever wanted to do but that was just how it went back then. Basically you want an MMO where you really don't interact with anyone, amirite? Doesn't seem to MMO-like to me. SWTOR says hello.
    Hey everyone

Didn't Classic top out at 7.5 million subscribers, less than are currently subscribed to Mists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    In your opinion.
    Some 8 millions people don't agree with you.

As I see it the game is just getting better and better for each expansion.
    You think Cataclysm was good? and those 8 million used to be 12 million.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Didn't Classic top out at 7.5 million subscribers, less than are currently subscribed to Mists?
    Brand new game, subs were rising immensely, BC came out and bam, and WOTLK came out BAM!

Subs aren't rising anymore.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Classic only ever gained subscribers, and the game continued to do so into TBC.

The game is currently steadily losing subscribers.

Here's the funny thing, we all did it and we made friends on our servers, a sense of community and in an MMO that's a huge thing. I'll be honest, I rarely had to sit a whole hour LF a tank, yeah maybe for a few select instances that nobody ever wanted to do but that was just how it went back then. Basically you want an MMO where you really don't interact with anyone, amirite? Doesn't seem to MMO-like to me. SWTOR says hello.
    Now you are twisting my words. I never said I want a MMO where you don't interact with people.
    And I feel bad for you, I really do. See I'm able to meet people and friends through LFD. I interact with them, but through your hate of the system you can't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you are twisting my words. I never said I want a MMO where you don't interact with people.
    And I feel bad for you, I really do. See I'm able to meet people and friends through LFD. I interact with them, but through your hate of the system you can't.
    I wish I had that choice to meet the same people. I think part of it is also how fucking easy LFD is, why would you even need friends, it's mindless.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    Try using the search function in the future cause this is a weekly question. It's 10 years old it's ready for pasture almost

Call of Duty WoW ver.

wtb server communities

Link a picture of your subscription dates please. I'm still baffled how you think leveling a toon in a week is fun, there is no fucking adventure in that.
    I'll have to wait until I get home, as I don't have my authenticator at work...

I'm baffled as how anyone can say there is less to do now than before - as all of before is still there (if modified in Vanilla) - all the same dailies, the same slow ass grind (if you want it) and ALL those wonderful reps to grind... less? no. that's silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Try using the search function in the future cause this is a weekly question. It's 10 years old it's ready for pasture almost
    I can't disagree, I just love posting in these threads as a way to throw inner rage out of me. I guess it's a good outlet...
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    An eight-year-old game in its fourth expansion being less popular than the game when it was brand new is not exactly surprising. Neither is it surprising that people don't find it as immersive as it was when it was new (to them).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Classic only ever gained subscribers, and the game continued to do so into TBC.

The game is currently steadily losing subscribers.
    Yes, and I never denied that, but implying that the game is more popular when fewer people were actually playing it is a bit of a false statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    I'll have to wait until I get home, as I don't have my authenticator at work...

I'm baffled as how anyone can say there is less to do now than before - as all of before is still there (if modified in Vanilla) - all the same dailies, the same slow ass grind (if you want it) and ALL those wonderful reps to grind... less? no. that's silly.
    Then why did you play if it sucked so god damn hard? Here's the difference, end game is what you made it back then, end game for me in vanilla was running 5 mans. If I wasn't running 5 mans I'd find something else to do such as World PvP. I wasn't trying to be the best player I could, I enjoyed the game for what it was and you can't do that anymore. You hit 90, you run shitty 5 mans that are trivial and require absolutely no brain and you do some LFR... Like what the fuck? And all LFR is, is the same raid but for retards.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    The golden age is long gone. That isnt to say the game is bad, its just gone downhill from its peak. The community is made up of mostly pvp diehards and elitist jerks, along with the few nostalgic veterans from vanilla and newcomers who struggle to pass level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.