Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They should let BM hunters 'sacrifice' their Ranged Weapon.

The only reason I've never made a hunter (and the reason I never made a non-pet class until MoP) is because I despise weapon classes. I love the idea of pet dps but I don't like weapon wielding classes. My idea is give BM hunters an option to get a buff to pet damage in lieu of ranged weapon. Say a bow does 100% of your damage (just a random number, I have no idea how much dps BM weapon do), you could choose to either have a ranged weapon if you like ranged weapons or 'sacrifice' it for a 100% buff to pet damage. It'd be similar to no class available in game. Now that there's is a minimum range on pets I see no we should add ranged pets and to have this option except you'd get some QQ from people who are trigger happy and think everybody else should too. (You know, because god forbid people have a choice in playstyle) Hell, they could even make the sacrificing option a slight DPS loss in exchange for not having to manage a ranged weapon.

EDIT: I DIDN'T ACTUALLY MEAN KILL YOUR stack stick FOR A BUFF. I used the word sacrifice because my vocabulary is limited and I'ma closeted warlock/dk player who likes to sacrifice my pets and thus hunters actually not the class for me but i qq anywsy. I meant a passive aura that activates when you don't have a bow or something.

what a childish thread.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    so you sacrifice your ranged weapon and just stand there doing nothing while your pet does the work for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I don't like weapon wielding classes.
    I'ma closeted warlock/dk player who likes to sacrifice my pets
    LOLWAT?

Dont like hunters, dont play it, you have a lock, its PRETTY MUCH WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR.

/thread
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

OIC wut u did thar.

Maybe they should put in a talent so Demo Warlocks could sacrifice their spellcasting ability so they could use AGI and warglaives :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    so you sacrifice your ranged weapon and just stand there doing nothing while your pet does the work for you ?

Nope, I would still be an active part of the fight, just that I would be at a safe distance while I use KILL COMMAND, A new actively controlled blink strike renamed as 5.3 blink strike is passive, and something like lynx rush for aoe and murder of crow as finisher. Think Kankurao of Naruto, which except using puppets I use my pets to execute the attacks.

Deleted
    Does everyone realise this is a parody on the "They should let MM hunters 'sacrifice' their pets" thread, also here in the Hunter forum? Personally, I thought it was brilliant (not the actual idea of 'not using a bow', but the joke) - one of those very few times where I did indeed laugh out loud =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If you want to bot, that's your business, but don't bring that into the class talents or we'll see raid DPS made almost entirely of hunters, PVP being hunters and no other classes, purely because with the pet doing everything, you'd be able to just run around and let it do all the work.
    How dare you hating on more options!

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    OIC wut u did thar.

Maybe they should put in a talent so Demo Warlocks could sacrifice their spellcasting ability so they could use AGI and warglaives :P
    I would actually roll a warlock in an instance for that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542 View Post
    LOLWAT?

Dont like hunters, dont play it, you have a lock, its PRETTY MUCH WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR.

/thread
    lol o=lock use shadowbolt and chaosbot lol so means that he kinda has weapon so a BM hunter should just let pet do all his work.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what a childish thread.
    I'm pretty sure prior to MOP, a lot of people thought it was childish but turns out MOP is one of the best and one of the darkest expansion ever!

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If you want to bot, that's your business, but don't bring that into the class talents or we'll see raid DPS made almost entirely of hunters, PVP being hunters and no other classes, purely because with the pet doing everything, you'd be able to just run around and let it do all the work.
    SO are you calling BM hunters as bad players? Because Kill Command and Fervor is done by pet and the player doesn't press any keys for that amirite?

I agree with the point of this satire, that hunters without pets aren't hunters.

The pet has always been an important part of the class, just as iconic and irremovable as bows or tracking. In fact, hunter is pretty much the signature pet class of the game, the pet should always be there. Don't like pets? Don't play the pet class!

I understand the desire for an archer without a pet. However, I think MM without a pet is the wrong approach; I think making a new class or spec that is distant from the current concept of a hunter is the ideal way to handle it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

lol o=lock use shadowbolt and chaosbot lol so means that he kinda has weapon so a BM hunter should just let pet do all his work.
    ITS NOT A WEAPON THOU!! LOLOLOL

So you want to stand there and just "win" Have you tried using LFR?

And Please, lets design the game around your likes and dislikes.

Not sure if stupid or troll /frymeme

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Does everyone realise this is a parody on the "They should let MM hunters 'sacrifice' their pets" thread, also here in the Hunter forum? Personally, I thought it was brilliant (not the actual idea of 'not using a bow', but the joke) - one of those very few times where I did indeed laugh out loud =P
    Looking at the comments, it seems nobody realized it but you and I, and only you found it funny.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    ITS NOT A WEAPON THOU!! LOLOLOL

So you want to stand there and just "win" Have you tried using LFR?

And Please, lets design the game around your likes and dislikes.

Not sure if stupid or troll /frymeme
    SO i'm pretty sure just aut-shooting using ranged weapon without needing controllig pet is iwin button. MY idea actuay suggest hunters need to actively control pet for the dps through various active skills.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Looking at the comments, it seems nobody realized it but you and I, and only you found it funny.
    Because it is a serious matter. Why is my favored play to pay it is a bad suggestion but an idea to scrape pet is awesome>?

I think, if they did something like make the hunter turn INTO a pet, that uses ranged abilities would be more interesting. Something like the proc from our 2 piece as an example, based roughly around the lock spec that can transform. THAT would be interesting game play, and dynamic. As a hunter, if all your damage is coming from your pet, then what is there left for YOU to actually do? Other than I assume keep it healed, and not take avoidable damage.

SO i'm pretty sure just aut-shooting using ranged weapon without needing controllig pet is iwin button. MY idea actuay suggest hunters need to actively control pet for the dps through various active skills.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:40 PM ----------

Because it is a serious matter. Why is my favored play to pay it is a bad suggestion but an idea to scrape pet is awesome>?
    There is active skills in the game which give "control" over the pet....................................................................................... .........

And thanks, i think you just answered the not sure if stupid or troll question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shotz View Post
    I think, if they did something like make the hunter turn INTO a pet, that uses ranged abilities would be more interesting. Something like the proc from our 2 piece as an example, based roughly around the lock spec that can transform. THAT would be interesting game play, and dynamic. As a hunter, if all your damage is coming from your pet, then what is there left for YOU to actually do? Other than I assume keep it healed, and not take avoidable damage.
    well not just heal and revive, BM hunter has to use KC, BlnkStike, LynnxRush and MurderOCrow.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:48 PM ----------

There is active skills in the game which give "control" over the pet....................................................................................... .........

And thanks, i think you just answered the not sure if stupid or troll question.
    PSYEAAAH but i have to equip bow and use arcane shot which GOD FORBID I have to use it because I want a pure pet class. If I dont use arcane shot and a bow my dps would lose and I woud like the option of just KCing my target to death without losing dps by not using ranged attacks.

PSYEAAAH but i have to equip bow and use arcane shot which GOD FORBID I have to use it because I want a pure pet class. If I dont use arcane shot and a bow my dps would lose and I woud like the option of just KCing my target to death without losing dps by not using ranged attacks.
    Go play Pokemon or start with WoW's battle pets.

Deleted
    Play a feral druid

Well, the joke here is going far, far above some people's heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your parody and raise you this:

BM: The hunter becomes the pet! The pet becomes the master!
    MM: The hunter does all the damage! The pet becomes a boon!
    SV: Hunter and pet work together in traditional fashion!

I would totally play that BM spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont lie, I lol'd hard just reading the title of this thread after seeing the original thread in this forum for some time now.

The fake edit is amazing as well +1