Page 1 of 259
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Xbox One Discussion

"The Next-Gen Xbox has reportedly been confirmed to be named the "Xbox One". International Business Times are quoted to have said "Sources related to development of the new Xbox have confirmed to IBTimes UK that the console, which is scheduled to be launched on 21 May, will be called Infinity".

I guess we'll find out for sure this evening. Hopefully they announce some of the new games coming to it as well. I'm guessing the release date will be in the winter right before Christmas.

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/hub

GAMES WILL BE SHOWN AT E3.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-21 at 10:56 PM.

not interested in the slightest. xbox only has like 2 exclusives
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see what the features are in the new XBOX.

However, no matter what they offer in it, after that whole "no offline gameplay" situation, I'm buying a PS4

im goin wiiu and pc this gen, might pick up a ps4 later on
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    I'm interested to see what the features are in the new XBOX.

However, no matter what they offer in it, after that whole "no offline gameplay" situation, I'm buying a PS4
    No one is really sure about that right now. Rumors months ago were that they're not offering offline play, but more recent rumors (last 2 weeks) say that Microsoft has backed off from that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No one is really sure about that right now. Rumors months ago were that they're not offering offline play, but more recent rumors (last 2 weeks) say that Microsoft has backed off from that.
    even if they have backed off it doesnt change the fact that they treated customers like douchebags

Jokes on you, it already got announced!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember being absolutely ecstatic for new consoles 7 to 13 years ago....but I am just completely uninterested in any of these next gen ones honestly. I think it is funny that Sony is going to use ustream as their streaming partner though lol. Microsoft made a good decision with twitch. Nintendo won't even be having a press conference at E3. I can't think of any reason for me to buy a console though. Regardless though I will be watching this along with E3 to see if they come up with something worthwhile or if they goof up

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Jokes on you, it already got announced!

this reminded me alot of tim and eric and i love it for that O-O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    even if they have backed off it doesnt change the fact that they treated customers like douchebags
    EA does that all the time, but people continue to buy their games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I've seen the rumors saying it may not be online only, but that's beside the point. The whole "Deal with it" comment turned me off of Microsoft. I don't care what they did about it afterwards.

To be fair, I'm more of a playstation/PC guy anyway.

Why is it called Xbox Infinity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Because when you see it you keep turning around in a circle forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    The name showed up on early Dev Kits ~2 months ago pic, then someone made a fake logo image on reddit, and Forbes/International Buisness Times/Gaming sites etc. used the reddit image for Xbox Infinity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...s_a_fake_xbox/
    Last edited by Sinnermighty; 2013-05-21 at 07:07 AM.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    Because it's following the whole Windows 8 trend and what happens when you turn the 8 on it's side? It looks like an Infinity symbol.

Shock horror.

Because it isn't? That's just what some early speculators have called it. It could named that, but also could be named something completely else. It certainly hasn't been called Xbox Infinity anywhere official.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hype on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im goin wiiu and pc this gen, might pick up a ps4 later on
    Same, planning on picking up a ps3 when the ps4 comes out with the price drop of games and consoles.

Xbox really has no exclusives i'm interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    No interest in getting an xbox but will still watch with intrigue for the inevitable usher/other non-gaming related appearance, they've been a sinking ship in gamers eyes for a while now so it'll be interesting to see if they've anything to stem that or is the casual direction the one they're sticking with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I burst out laughing at work when I heard the name of it. It sounds like an argument between two 8 year olds.

"PS3"
    "Xbox 360!!!"
    "Um... ok... PS4"
    "XBOX INFINITY"
    "PS5?"
    "XBOX INFINITY PLUS ONE"