5.3 Beast Cleave

With the new 5.3 buff to Beast Cleave
    On how many targets will Multi-Shot be worth over Arcane shot?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also interested in some math here.
    Does Beast Cleave have synergy with Blink Strike? Is it worth to maintain cleave even on single-target during BW, especially when you're getting focus-capped anyway?
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I'm also interested in some math here.
    Does Beast Cleave have synergy with Blink Strike? Is it worth to maintain cleave even on single-target during BW, especially when you're getting focus-capped anyway?
    Cleave could never work as a single target DPS increase, as it doesn't hit the primary target a second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Cleave could never work as a single target DPS increase, as it doesn't hit the primary target a second time.
    Oh, I see, didn't notice that.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Possibly 2, but the focus cost to to much, 3 I think would be for sure dps gain to beast cleave on.

Back in the beta when the correct way to do a boss was to bring 17 BM hunters, I did the math for using Beast Cleave on only 2 targets, and it was worth it back then (It was 75% at that point in the beta), however changes have been made to the spec and I haven't kept up perfectly with them all so I can't really tell you, but simply just look at the damage a beast cleave will do, a multishot is 20 more focus than an arcane shot, so for it to be worth it, it needs very close to 2 arcane shots in damage. Keep in mind, using multi-shot causes you to cast more cobra shots due to the fact you spend more focus in 1 global.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Has someone done the math on this yet ? And whether mastery would end up ahead of haste again on fights like lei shen or twins..

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I'm still on 5.2, but from what i experience, it doesn't hit the primary target at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Has someone done the math on this yet ? And whether mastery would end up ahead of haste again on fights like lei shen or twins..
    No way - don't think mastery will ever be a top secondary stat. Unless they rework the class dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaZERGer View Post
    I'm still on 5.2, but from what i experience, it doesn't hit the primary target at all.
    That's what I mean. It cleaves off of the primary target, and doesnt hit it a second time for X% damage of the first hit being cleaved.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff