Quote Originally Posted by Cyntholis View Post
    Hi, I'm at about ilvl 505-or so. I have been using a mastery heavy, haste heavy build with Imp-Sup or Sac interchangeably, depending on the fight. This seemed to do quite fine. It's come to my attention that haste probably isn't the best stat, and could probably be better used as crit or mastery.
    I have two main questions here, when does Mastery become more beneficial to gem for than Int (already mastery because I used to be afflic)?, and I saw references to GoSac or GoSup... I know what sup and sac are but whats the Go, and whats the alternatives?
    (Cyntholis, Sen'Jin, US servers, since I can't post links)
    "Go" = Grimoire of ______

Sometimes you will also see something like "GoSB" which is Glyph of Shadowbolt (or whatever)

For the dino on horridon, I should use a macro like:
    /tar direhorn spirit (or w/e his name is)
    /cast curse of the elements
    /targetlasttarget

right? I use focus to havoc cleave in this because mouseover gets a little chaotic on this fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    For the dino on horridon, I should use a macro like:
    /tar direhorn spirit (or w/e his name is)
    /cast curse of the elements
    /targetlasttarget

right? I use focus to havoc cleave in this because mouseover gets a little chaotic on this fight.
    Yes.

I personally use Fel Flame to keep it away. Especially during the final phase when burning Horridon and the other boss it's nice to get an Immolate up on the Direhorn and keep it up with Fel Flame (also aim it to stay in the RoF on Horridon). This helps with Ember generation so you can toss more Chaos Bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    hey brusalk, you're missing a frag belt. its free 600 dps. gz on gem btw.
    Um... it is? :O

I now have

522 BoTH
    522 Cha-Ye
    522 Wush

Which would be bis? AMR with my simcraft for single and multi target is saying Cha, with Wush>BoTH slightly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Yes.

I personally use Fel Flame to keep it away. Especially during the final phase when burning Horridon and the other boss it's nice to get an Immolate up on the Direhorn and keep it up with Fel Flame (also aim it to stay in the RoF on Horridon). This helps with Ember generation so you can toss more Chaos Bolts.
    Fel flame seems like a waste of GCDs and mana to me - there's plenty of better stuff to be doing in the add heavy phases as destro, but I do agree with doing some damage to the spirit in the last phase, though I only use mouseover havocs for it once the troll is dead, there's nothing else to use it on and that's just free embers / knockback.

Is FnB working as intended? I noticed that if you have no Embers and hit FnB you are then unable to cast Ember generating spells except RoF indefinitely until you generate an Ember. This seems crippling and illogical to me but, maybe I'm not understanding something..

EDIT: Nvm you can toggle it off hah and wow this makes FnB so much better
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-05-21 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I now have

522 BoTH
    522 Cha-Ye
    522 Wush

Which would be bis? AMR with my simcraft for single and multi target is saying Cha, with Wush>BoTH slightly
    I believe the general consensus is that for Destro: Wush + Cha-Ye. Since you have them all at equal ilvl, it's an easy choice. Things get trickly when there's different ones, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Is FnB working as intended? I noticed that if you have no Embers and hit FnB you are then unable to cast Ember generating spells except RoF indefinitely until you generate an Ember. This seems crippling and illogical to me but, maybe I'm not understanding something..

EDIT: Nvm you can toggle it off hah and wow this makes FnB so much better
    Ugh, really?

Since they made it so it will toggle off automatically once you go below one ember I guess I assumed incorrectly that they wouldn't even let you use it without an Ember.

Oh well, maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise, but that seems pretty annoying.

Likely an oversight. Your intuitive response is logical and pretty much what everyone assumed; it not working like that must be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Um... it is? :O
    ~30k dmg each minute (even more when you can hit more targets). it's annoying to use, but a dps gain nonetheless.

Deleted
    I know that the question has already been asked but not in that way.

Do you guyz have a stat scaling factor to reforge your stuff ? (des tro lock 512 ilvl here)
    (I know that Int > hit (15%) > then go all in mastery but i want numbers, to see the value of wich is really the best)

Thx !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Link3r View Post
    I know that the question has already been asked but not in that way.

Do you guyz have a stat scaling factor to reforge your stuff ? (des tro lock 512 ilvl here)
    (I know that Int > hit (15%) > then go all in mastery but i want numbers, to see the value of wich is really the best)

Thx !
    To get that, you have to SimCraft your character with those reforge plots for all 3 stats, and Intellect if you want.
    When doing that you'll get something like: Int=2.51 Mastery=1.79 Crit=4.91 etc etc.
    Yeah those numbers are not at all accurate for anyone.

Deleted
    I simmed my char many times, but all the time haste is equal or sup to mastery. And we all assume that mastery > all. So im a bit lost.
    Sim results change by number of target you choose. But it depends of each boss.

I dont want a "sim your char, youll get your exact value", i want to know the global scaling factor of each stat used by the average HL players. Or, at least, the number of target selected to simm their char.

PS : We are only on Lei Shen in normal 10 (we will get him this monday and start HC after that)

Thw =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I simmed my char many times, but all the time haste is equal or sup to mastery. And we all assume that mastery > all. So im a bit lost.
    Sim results change by number of target you choose. But it depends of each boss.

I dont want a "sim your char, youll get your exact value", i want to know the global scaling factor of each stat used by the average HL players. Or, at least, the number of target selected to simm their char.

PS : We are only on Lei Shen in normal 10 (we will get him this monday and start HC after that)

Thw =)
    There is no global scaling. Scaling depends on current gear and stats, hence the previous answer to simcraft your character is the most accurate reply anyone can give.

Deleted
    Guyz plz, you're telling a man who's hungry to fish. But he just dont know how to...

I just want to know on how many target you simm your char (Your global option in simcraft) and wich Grim (sac/sup) you sim with.
    If you dont know really and assume it depends of the boss you face with, its ok, i agree.
    But i dont think that you all sim your char and reforge your stuff for each boss in ToT... (Maybe VHL player but meh)

I think ill sim my char with 2 to 5 targets and make an average of the differents scales factors to reforge properly.

Thank you anyway.

Deleted
    Guyz plz, you're telling a man who's hungry to fish. But he just dont know how to...

I just want to know on how many target you simm your char (Your global option in simcraft) and wich Grim (sac/sup) you sim with.
    If you dont know really and assume it depends of the boss you face with, its ok, i agree.
    But i dont think that you all sim your char and reforge your stuff for each boss in ToT... (Maybe VHL player but meh)

I think ill sim my char with 2 to 5 targets and make an average of the differents scales factors to reforge properly.

Thank you anyway.
    To reforge properly, you have to change your reforges for every boss. Scale values differ a lot depending on the encounter you're going to play. There is no such thing as a global reforge.

Personally i'm at 8097 Haste and then mastery. I'm playing demo on most bosses, but the 2 fights i play destro, the results are pretty good. Not the perfect solution but kinda works out for me.

Deleted
    the change to FnB is sooo good, it is about time they changed it into something like this, no more clunkyness when you aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It simply doesn't work this way. There can't be a global stat value because of how different the encounters are, and how much your priorities/actions change. I'm not sure how you'd tell SimC "I want to RoF 10 targets that I don't care about damage on but will get embers from while I have a random +% to various bonuses" for primordius - but you'll find mastery adds a TON of damage through the CB spam you can continue on him to near-endless embers... or how to say "I'm toggling back and forth between AoEing arcane adds and doing single target damage but generating embers on 2-10 targets at a time" (Megaera). I don't know what syntax you'd use to tell SimC to make use of water pools on Jin'rokh to try to fit more CB/SB into the buff than outside, or delay abilities until you've got the water buff.

It just can't account for these scenarios (reasonably), and the current tier spans all of them, plus some patchwerk (Normal Durumu/IQ, as far as Destro's concerned). The mastery weighting you see some people use (who play seriously for destro but DON'T reforge) is that it's stronger for a lot of the special cases where you have extra embers. There is no # to quantify that, which we can share with you.

Need some help with H Durumu DPS.

Are you guys using KJC or MF? I found my damage to be extremely underwhelming yesterday (only like 160-175K) while we're progressing on this boss.

Do you AoE off an Ice Wall in the center by the boss or in the center point of a wall?