Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.3: what to upgrade first?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nturion/simple

Assuming we have 3000VP for upgrades .. What's the priority?

After MH weapon, Should we then upgrade the BIS H TF gears or the trinkets first?
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-05-20 at 11:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo weapons > rng trinkets (proccrate icnreases) > BiS stuff.

I believe AskMrRobot.com is now updated with VP upgrades.

Personally, i'll be upgrading weapons assuming I don't get any new ones whilst raiding tomorrow.

I believe weapon upgrades will be the most beneficial.
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

522 trinkets>H TF gears first?

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:51 PM ----------

Went Mr Robot site.. Just realised that we can have two jeweler only gems .. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    I believe AskMrRobot.com is now updated with VP upgrades.

Personally, i'll be upgrading weapons assuming I don't get any new ones whilst raiding tomorrow.

I believe weapon upgrades will be the most beneficial.

Hey there, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you want more info on using our Valor Upgrade tool, here's a blog post. Weapons are definitely a top priority
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    I'm doing my weapons, trinkets and my new ilvl 600 cloak if it can be upgraded.

I'm hoping to get a 516 str polearm (I hope they can take the legendary socket!), so I'll be upgrading my 522 valor trinket and then the other valor gear.

I've signed up for an account and it appears mr robot is telling me that I should use brutal talisman and upgrade over my fabled feather of Jikun. Are the stat weights that you use generic/static or do you adjust according/relative to my current gear and stats? If static, then must I adjust by using another program to sim my character and provide the stat weighting manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey there, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you want more info on using our Valor Upgrade tool, here's a blog post. Weapons are definitely a top priority

Senturion, the upgrade finder uses relative ranking - it takes your hit caps and all that jazz into account. Everything is based on the stat weights you're using. So if you don't want to use the default weights, make sure to edit them. That will change the upgrade finder results. Did that answer your question?

Aren't weapons the last thing you should do? Upgrading doesn't increase weapon DPS, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Aren't weapons the last thing you should do? Upgrading doesn't increase weapon DPS, does it?
    It definitely does.

So by default we don't need to meddle with the stat weights? So what DR robot is telling me is that at my gearing setup, brutal talisman is an upgrade over both twins and jikun? Are you guys using the same engine as simcraft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Senturion, the upgrade finder uses relative ranking - it takes your hit caps and all that jazz into account. Everything is based on the stat weights you're using. So if you don't want to use the default weights, make sure to edit them. That will change the upgrade finder results. Did that answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    It does increase dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

That absurdly good ilvl 600 cloak from the 5.3 legendary quest step, as soon as you can get your hands on it.. though weapon upgrades might still be a higher prio.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Senturion, we use SimC to get our default stat weights that are good for the majority of users. If you know how to use the stat weights simc spits out you might be able to get an extra 0.1 or 0.5% increase. Here's more info on how we get our weights: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/02/h...-stat-weights/

Also note that trinkets tend to be a personal preference and can differ for each fight. Here's more on how we handle trinkets... and although we do a pretty good job estimating their value, it isn't an exact science. It's a magical-science.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say HTF>Weapons>Trinkets (BiS regardless of quality)

Upgrading weapons will give over more than 300 extra Wdps (for one handers) which is worth more than 6-700 STR in main hand and still more than 300 STR in offhand. Even upgrading a HC TF chest piece won't give you that much pure stat gain, so weapons first is a no brainer. After that I would go for heroic trinkets and slots that give a lot of stats like helm, chest, legs, obviously with priority to BiS/heroic items.

5.3 cape looks like 30-60mins or less effort to get.. Anyone have done some research to know if we can get this cape easily?

More like x amount of weeks to battle the titan runestone rng boss of doom unless you were lucky enough to have them all yet. I got the legendary meta the first week it was available and up until 2 days ago I had only gotten 2 runestones. Lucked it out with 4 this week for a total of 6, but it could very well be another 4-5 weeks to complete unless I get lucky again.

1. Heroic Thunderforged Weapon
    2. Heroic Weapon
    3. Heroic Thunderforged Belt
    4. Normal Tier Chest
    5. Normal Thunderforged Helm

I would sit on your remaining 500 VP + this week's 1k VP for future upgrades.

Also, surprised you have Tortos Heroic before Ji-kun. it was my understanding that order was Jinrokh > Horridon = Ji-kun > Iron Qon > others
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-21 at 03:18 PM.