Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

"I would've already ordered the Shado-Pan to purge this entire shrine. "

[quoting Taran Zhu]

... really?

Would these be the same Shado-Pan who've done next to nothing this entire expansion except grudgingly accept our help because they're obviously completely outmatched by these Sha remnants that we wreck without breaking a sweat?

I'm tempted to say "bring it".

I've yet to find this alleged beauty of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms; even my somewhat empty homeland of Mulgore seems more beautiful to me, let alone the majestic beauty of Howling Fjord - we may yet improve the Vale if we dig up something shiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just the final straw, really, how much more pandering do they intend to do to validate making the alliance feel superior and demonizing even the only good elements in the horde left.

What, are they going to have the alliance next get to have the horde chained to posts, have all neutral factions become alliance only, and give them 50% land, all the while the alliance community complains about 'waah, blizzard ignores me so much'.

Seriously, this shit just pisses me off. Its bad enough we had to put up with garrosh crapforbrains hellscream turning the horde into a totalitarian society, seeing every good aspect of the horde pissed on, seeing everything garrosh does become the aspect of all evil so thus the horde becomes evil, and so all neutral factions view the horde as evil (dalaran, shado-pan, they'd probably do it with the cenarion circle with the deforesting of ashenvale if they could).

This is why the alliance is also so boring. Since when was the last time the alliance did something that out of faction characters questioned and considered reprehensable. Why is it always on the hordes head they get this? If the alliance did something so rotten a neutral faction considered throwing them out of an organization, I'd actually considered that depth, and show the alliance isn't always the happy go lucky goody good guys.
    #boycottchina

I haven't been too impressed with the Shado-Pan so far. There's a few NPC's that are genuinely intriguing but I was quite literally cringing when Taran Zhu told the Sunreavers and Kirin Tor to simply stop fighting and walk away. It made the entire storyline surrounding the events in Dalaran largely pointless due to the lack of an actual resolution.

Edit: I agree with Trassk. I'm getting rather tired of people branding the Horde 'evil' at every turn whilst the Alliance is viewed as the 'good guys'.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great, banish the Horde. Wait didnt we just help the Panderan defeat the greatest enemy in their entire history?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is why the alliance is also so boring. Since when was the last time the alliance did something that out of faction characters questioned and considered reprehensable.
    Purging of Dalaran + Admiral Rogers
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    The difference is that when the Horde does something bad, it gets paraded around forever. If the Alliance does anything bad, it gets swept under the rug and forgotten about.
    Edit: From a story telling perspective. The players obviously remember almost everything.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-05-21 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So a fat lolpanda that can't even kill a single mogu without our help is threatening us now ? Ah, its the same lolpanda that got corrupted by the very evil they were supposed to be guarding, with how do they call it ? "Iron will and discipline". Color me unimpressed, (self proclaimed) high warlord arrashi (being the badass he is) would probably mop (pun intended) the floor with entire shado-pan by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what makes me laugh is how, we' just had an entire patch about horde and alliance forces helping the shado-pan take down the pandaren's ancient enemy, the thunder king, which lets face it those ninja panda's could not have done it alone... only for them to instantly turn on the horde because of what the goblins under Garrosh's orders have done, and they don't even listen to reason from Dezco (who if you read the dezco short story, your know the tragic events of that) after all he's been though.

Seriously, I didn't know what to think about the shado-pan for most of it, but if this is the last we see of them in the games story, good bloody riddance .
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    The difference is that when the Horde does something bad, it gets paraded around forever. If the Alliance does anything bad, it gets swept under the rug and forgotten about.
    dsnt nessicarily mean that the Alliance never done a single "shady" thing. After all they are just people, just like the Horde are
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

dsnt nessicarily mean that the Alliance never done a single "shady" thing. After all they are just people, just like the Horde are
    Actions are meaningless if they have no consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, banish the Horde. Wait didnt we just help the Panderan defeat the greatest enemy in their entire history?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 10:40 PM ----------

And yet both those account are just 'oh look, the alliance attacks the horde, thats ok, there alliance and so its justified in anything they do'. Seriously, it doesn't even bleep on the radar.

But the horde, oh the goblins dig a dirt hole in the valley of eternal blossoms and suddenly its 'YOU ARE TRAITORS, YOU WILL BE BANISHED' despite, as you say, it was us they helped you god dam pandas fight against your arch enemy.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde just dug a GIGANTIC crater in the middle of what is the holiest of places to Pandaren. And you expect them to brush it off and not be upset? Expect them to know enough about the political differences you are having to realise that *this* Horde isn't the same as *that* Horde? I think that's something noone would believe if it happened in the story. They are upset, and they do you the ENORMOUS courtesy of giving you the chance to make thiings right before they kick you from their holy ground.

It is largely irrelevant how victorious or 'good' a faction is. The depth of the story is much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    I haven't been too impressed with the Shado-Pan so far. There's a few NPC's that are genuinely intriguing but I was quite literally cringing when Taran Zhu told the Sunreavers and Kirin Tor to simply stop fighting and walk away. It made the entire storyline surrounding the events in Dalaran largely pointless due to the lack of an actual resolution.

Edit: I agree with Trassk. I'm getting rather tired of people branding the Horde 'evil' at every turn whilst the Alliance is viewed as the 'good guys'.
    ... That was the most amazing part of that entire scenario. Every time I do that one on a new alt, I turn the volume the hell up.

No resolution? ...You didn't actually listen to what he said, did you? Do me a favor. Go youtube that scene one more time and actually listen to what he says. I'm sure someone has it up there, if it's not on mmochamp itself. Go on. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    ... That was the most amazing part of that entire scenario. Every time I do that one on a new alt, I turn the volume the hell up.

No resolution? ...You didn't actually listen to what he said, did you? Do me a favor. Go youtube that scene one more time and actually listen to what he says. I'm sure someone has it up there, if it's not on mmochamp itself. Go on. I'll wait.
    ...that isn't a resolution. It's a cheap cop out. The blood elves aren't exactly huge in number nor have they ever been given a resolution to the whole being betrayed by the Kirin Tor thing. Not once, mind you, but twice. Dalaran and Quel'thalas were meant to have a decent relationship for at least two thousand years, though instead of being held accountable for stabbing their closest allies in the back on two occasions...the Kirin Tor is left to walk free and unscathed, nestled safely within the Alliance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: From a story telling perspective. The players obviously remember almost everything.
    is that to say the Blood Elves will forgive and forget what happened in Dalaran?
    I think its safe to say many will find that hard to do

But as you said NPCs have a much narrower view of the world and events, why would that compell them to be more lenient than the players?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-21 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

This is why the alliance is also so boring. Since when was the last time the alliance did something that out of faction characters questioned and considered reprehensable. Why is it always on the hordes head they get this? If the alliance did something so rotten a neutral faction considered throwing them out of an organization, I'd actually considered that depth, and show the alliance isn't always the happy go lucky goody good guys.
    Jaina Proudemoore.

Captured and imprisoned Belves in Dalaran. The only difference is that rather than having the neutral faction (Kirin Tor) turn against the Alliance, Jaina took over the Kirin Tor turning it into a dictatorship.

10+ Year Old Account
    But he's an obese bear, so obviously he's in the right.

Fact is, the Kirin Tor have not accounted for their crimes against the blood elves. Simply trying to 'resolve' conflict by shoving it beneath the carpet is nothing short of childish, though I don't doubt his most ardent followers will ignore this and pretend he is some sort of Gandhi. This is the second time the Kirin Tor have turned their back on the blood elves, or rather twisted the dagger in (and I would add, with no little hypocrisy considering Jaina's own history), and again under Alliance banners.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-05-21 at 11:03 PM.

is that to say the Blood Elves will forgive and forget what happened in Dalaran?
    I think its safe to say many will find that hard to do
    If Woceip beloved "resolution" of the conflict is to believed, then yes. It will just go away. Hundreds or thousands of imprisoned and dead civilians will just vanish into thin air, and Blizzard will talk about how the Sunreavers were mean poopy-heads and the Kirin Tor offered them cookies and were attacked for no reason. It's how most of the expansion has gone.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will just go away. Hundreds or thousands of imprisoned and dead civilians will just vanish into thin air, and Blizzard will talk about how the Sunreavers were mean poopy-heads and the Kirin Tor offered them cookies and were attacked for no reason. It's how most of the expansion has gone.
    During the Dev interview/questions Blizz pointed out Dalaran when someone asked what the Alliance has done as "shady"

Oh look, Horde fanbois crying.

Amusingly enough, it's some of the same Horde fanbois that mock Alliance fanbois who cry.

Delicious.

[This post was infracted for trolling.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-05-22 at 12:35 PM.