Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stormrage Server....queue

You gotta love blizzard, there are a lot of servers that is dead, but yet my server Stormrage (USA) had a 900+ man queue tonight and over a 40 minute wait, which is up 300 people from last week with no patch.

Yes I know there is a new patch and content, but blizzard is to lazy to merge servers. Every time they open our server up for free transfer we lose 400-500 people but we get that back in a few weeks with people willing to pay $ 25.00 to transfer off a dead server.

Either way blizzard makes money and you wonder why they lost so many people last quarter?? Maybe it was because year after year you have crap like the above going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should force half of your server to move to some other realm...unmerging as it were. Actually that sounds like a terrible idea. About as bad as forcing people onto higher pop servers if they don't want to move.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Maybe they should force half of your server to move to some other realm...unmerging as it were. Actually that sounds like a terrible idea. About as bad as forcing people onto higher pop servers if they don't want to move.
    Actually it is a brilliant idea to force everyone off a certain dead server. This is an MMO. And as such has people in it. But don't worry though, Blizzard won't do this. I still feel it should be like: give everyone and every character a free transfer OFF a dead realm. Those that want to stay, can stay. I don't care. But they won't do this either due to loss of income.

Thats why we have CRZ!!! Yaaaay

Deleted
    It's made pretty clear what population a realm is before you join it so it's anyones own doing where they end up, yeah some realms can drop or increase after you've joined but shit happens and there's nothing anyone could have done about that. Some people enjoy playing on high pop and being surrounded my people, others enjoy playing on low pop and having zones to themselves, that's the only reason realm transfer was implemented in the first place: so you could join your friends or find a realm more suited for you.

In this ideal world you have in your head, every realm has the exact same population which forces people into situations they may not want. People often forget they're not the only person who pays for this game, think of others and not just yourself, I can assure you there are players on your server that LOVE the population and for others, well, you have the option to transfer.
    Last edited by mmoc1252a3496d; 2013-05-22 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormrage has had a queue during prime time pretty much every day since 5.2. This isn't really new the server has been over populated for years. Getting Alliance to leave one of the top progression servers is damn near impossible and sadly their idea to constantly provide free transfers off has only resulted in killing the entire Horde population of the server.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Hey, tonight queue is only 425, not bad after my 50 minute wait last night.

Why can't they just stop server transfers to a HIGH or FULL server???? Oh no, I remember why, blizzard needs that $ 25.00 per 5K in transfers to make up for that 1.3 million customers they lost last quarter. What gets me is everything you ask blizzard why don't they merge servers, you get the same answer for 2 years "WE ARE WORKING ON IT". AKA "If we close/merge servers the press will have a field day saying blizzard is going out of business"......

Two years hum blizzard? Really after two years you can't figure out something besides CRZ, oh yea CRZ helps the zones to get full, but you can't trade or bank across servers, so when so and so is spamming for guild invites to create a guild or guild recruiting, they cant do that in a CRZ city.

Really and you wonder why you are losing customers and not just because it is a 8+ year old game.....

Illidan was locked last night, but didn't have a que. The funny thing was that the old raids were overwhelmed thanks to Raiding with Leashes II. You couldn't even walk into Kara last night without lagging out. So many people outside the instance bitching and moaning, it was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    It's made pretty clear what population a realm is before you join it so it's anyones own doing where they end up, yeah some realms can drop or increase after you've joined but shit happens and there's nothing anyone could have done about that. Some people enjoy playing on high pop and being surrounded my people, others enjoy playing on low pop and having zones to themselves, that's the only reason realm transfer was implemented in the first place: so you could join your friends or find a realm more suited for you.

In this ideal world you have in your head, every realm has the exact same population which forces people into situations they may not want. People often forget they're not the only person who pays for this game, think of others and not just yourself, I can assure you there are players on your server that LOVE the population and for others, well, you have the option to transfer.
    Stormrage has had pretty drastic increases while my server Gilneas a VERY heavy drop...

My own guild had alot of them go to another server and faction change.

Also i liked Gilneas as a medium pop server as a low it is kinda off and not my fav(still staying and i plan to)...Plus some of the BIGGEST DICKS i have EVER seen in LFR come from stromrage....

Ironically i actually know alot of people who are leaving stormrage to come to gilneas..

But yeah it is kinda nuts.

Great another Tuesday and another 899 queue, there goes 50 minutes of my life. Blizzard quit taking server transfers, yea I know like you are not going to tell people you do not want their $ 25.00....which means "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN".

I need to go back to regular hours, I never knew that the queue time was this bad until I switch to late afternoon shift. Still in my book, FULL should be equal to closed server.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Great another Tuesday and another 899 queue, there goes 50 minutes of my life. Blizzard quit taking server transfers, yea I know like you are not going to tell people you do not want their $ 25.00....which means "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN".

I need to go back to regular hours, I never knew that the queue time was this bad until I switch to late afternoon shift. Still in my book, FULL should be equal to closed server.
    Server mergers would help you as well as it would help the low population realms!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Server mergers would help you as well as it would help the low population realms!!!!!
    I for one like medium pop servers. So nlt everyone likes big/full servers.

I just wish transfers weren't so expensive, 10$ I would be perfectly fine with moving all my characters to another server. But 25$ is just too much.

I already performed 4 character transfers in the past, moving characters from Demon Soul, a once lively little server that had died down BIG time at the end of Wrath, to Alterac Mountains thinking that it would be the only time I needed to spend that much money to get to a high server. But now Alterac has slowed down by a pretty big margin being bumped down from high to medium, not to a dead snails pace like Demon Soul, but still not what I had in mind anymore when I spent a lot of money to move characters there.

I wish to again play on a new server that is in the high category, but the price is too expensive for me and losing the characters I had invested SO much time in is just too much as well and ended up with my canceling of my WoW subscription.
    Last edited by Xtacle; 2013-05-29 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    I just wish transfers weren't so expensive, 10$ I would be perfectly fine with moving all my characters to another server. But 25$ is just too much.

I already performed 4 character transfers in the past, moving characters from Demon Soul, a once lively little server that had died down BIG time at the end of Wrath, to Alterac Mountains thinking that it would be the only time I needed to spend that much money to get to a high server. But now Alterac has slowed down by a pretty big margin being bumped down from high to medium, not to a dead snails pace like Demon Soul, but still not what I had in mind anymore when I spent a lot of money to move characters there.

I wish to again play on a new server that is in the high category, but the price is too expensive for me and losing the characters I had invested SO much time in is just too much as well and ended up with my canceling of my WoW subscription.
    See then some like me really do enjoy medium poo servers...

Might be kinda interesting if they maybe made servers designed for different populations and made it a premium to transfer to a different category one.

also Rift has free server transfers with limits such as level and days...Would be cool if wow did as well.

You gotta love blizzard, there are a lot of servers that is dead, but yet my server Stormrage (USA) had a 900+ man queue tonight and over a 40 minute wait, which is up 300 people from last week with no patch.

Yes I know there is a new patch and content, but blizzard is to lazy to merge servers. Every time they open our server up for free transfer we lose 400-500 people but we get that back in a few weeks with people willing to pay $ 25.00 to transfer off a dead server.

Either way blizzard makes money and you wonder why they lost so many people last quarter?? Maybe it was because year after year you have crap like the above going on.
    Guess what, you didn't opt for the free server transfer, so, why complain? You either love your server as much as everyone else on the server does, or you just wanted something to complain about and think you deserve to stay more than anyone else.

I'll be more exact, there was no queue at about 6:30, around 7 there was a 500 queue, and around 8 or so there was an 1100 queue. I know, because I play two servers; a friend was raiding on Stormrage, and earlier, before raid started, I hopped over to mess with him on his stream, after checking to see if I had something he was looking for. A bit later, I was going to check for something else, but there was the 500 25 min queue. I checked back a bit later for the hell of it, 1100 queue, but then, magically, after 10 NO QUEUE.

So, my advice to you ... log on early ... or schedule your play time a bit later. You should have better luck to log in before 6 and after 10:30. You know, during raiding prime time.

Or, you could always take them up on the occasional free transfer if it irks you bad enough. There are more balanced servers out there, there are plenty that have a high to full, but not full to locked population. You like the server, and it is a great one. So instead of pissing on your fortune, take a deep breath, enjoy it, and plan ahead a bit better next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Guess what, you didn't opt for the free server transfer, so, why complain? You either love your server as much as everyone else on the server does, or you just wanted something to complain about and think you deserve to stay more than anyone else.
    Can't agree more. You either stay, or leave yourself with the Free Mig they offer time to time.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think the answer is?

People are on Stormrage because they want to be on the "cool" server. It didn't get that way all by itself and Blizzard certainly didn't pack it full of people any more than Blizzard drained low-pop servers of their people.

It's player-driven behavior. The only reasonable thing that Blizzard can do to fix the situation is improve the ability of servers to handle large populations, and offer free transfers to realms that need population.

But in an MMO, client communication becomes excessive when you have too many people in a small area, and player/ISP bandwidth isn't something Blizzard can fix either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I for one like medium pop servers. So nlt everyone likes big/full servers.
    Why? Explain why and what medium server are you talking about? So you joined an MMO for what experience exactly? I can see a trend where medium servers begin to become ghost towns as well when things start to dry up. Also like I suggested before Blizz could set side a few servers capping them at x people if they wanted while the rest get merged. In the forseeable future I see some extremely high pop realms and the rest all low pop realms with Blizz stating they are looking into it/working on it for the next 4 years.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 10:41 AM ----------

Why on earth would anyone ever want to xfer to a dead realm? Ya thats the solution for him go to a dead server then pay $25 per character to probably end back on his current server. I mean seriously a 40min que with so many dead servers does sound redic.

I played on Stormrage a long time back, an expansion back. I moved away cause of the merging of the battlegroups. Got stuck with the annoying latin and brazilian realms with Warsong and a few others. It was bearable if you only got them every so often. I got them every single dungeon. And this was the time when the Troll Heroics had just come out. Bad enough it was hard to PUG them, made it a night mare trying to do with no communication and everyone speaking a different language.

Spent literally over an hour and a half on the last boss in ZA I think the one with the crazy amount of adds. Well we kept kicking DPS, Heals and kept getting new.
    ones.

Finally decided to cut my losses and transfer off the server. Stormrage was in my experience the most active PVE realm. There was always something going on regardless the time of day. It could have been early morning or after noon or even late at night there was always a PUG you could join. That made it really fun. But the downside was that you had to put up with crappy LFG and now the LFR groups.

That is why so many people are willing to transfer to the realm. Its probably the most active realm, at least for the alliance in the NA region. Was checking out WoWProgress yesterday, and there are more than 300 guilds that have at least killed the first boss in ToT. Even WTLK had only around 170-200 guilds on the most populated server. Out of the 300, around 100+ have cleared 12/12 and half of the hundred have killed the first boss on heroic.

Those kind of stats simply attracts a lot of players. I was considering transferring back, but I just couldn't bear to put up with the spanish and latinos.

Great 1,343 queue tonight....that is a good hour + wait.

I see blizzard is still doing server transfer to a FULL SERVER, you just have to get your $ 25.00 for server transfers right blizzard, while people have to pay to transfer off dead servers because you are to fuking busying to merge low or med pop servers.

FULL SERVERS SHOULD MEAN NO TRANSFERS, PERIOD, paid or not. You suck blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Why? Explain why and what medium server are you talking about? So you joined an MMO for what experience exactly? I can see a trend where medium servers begin to become ghost towns as well when things start to dry up. Also like I suggested before Blizz could set side a few servers capping them at x people if they wanted while the rest get merged. In the forseeable future I see some extremely high pop realms and the rest all low pop realms with Blizz stating they are looking into it/working on it for the next 4 years.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 10:41 AM ----------

Why on earth would anyone ever want to xfer to a dead realm? Ya thats the solution for him go to a dead server then pay $25 per character to probably end back on his current server. I mean seriously a 40min que with so many dead servers does sound redic.
    Dead server would be a low pop server, not a medium one. Medium pop servers are usually medium until peak times, where they'll hit high. Usually raid times.

Obviously with the reduced pricing a lot of people flock to the high pop servers like area 52, stormrage, illidan etc. But there's plenty of realms that are med-high that people transfer to.

It's so funny seeing some people whining about dead servers they play on then people whining about full servers and queues. Yeah, I bet it sucks if you can't log on earlier and you have to raid, but that's what you have to deal with. The pop on stormrage has been steadily increasing for quite a while, even before the reduced xfer prices.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*